IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I can see crowds being back before the end of this calender year, one option available to the club maybe that only season ticket holders (that have bought them to date or up to a maximum number of say 8 - 10,000) for next season could be allowed within the stadium as a starting point.

You would then need to space those people out i.e. only one in every three seats are to be used, this would obviously mean moving people from the seats they have paid for in the interim and there would also need to be heavy distancing restrictions around the concourse areas but its  a possibility.

Bet my seat in the Dolman is next to a cardboard cut-out. A cut out with a weak bladder, a bus to catch and a putrid arse.

• Haha 5

On 31/05/2020 at 21:33, Shaun Taylor said:

Picture the scenario City need to get something from the Preston game to confirm the play offs. it's hard not to imagine fans congregating outside the stadium in anticipation and similarly in the play offs 

And depending on your stance, they'll with be 'loyal, dedicated, attend come what may die-hards'

or *********. 

• Like 1

Believe this was the intended schedule prior to the hiatus.

image.png.be7ecf724b03dd7045a34da2920172d7.png

If they go in order then keep an eye out for the Notts Forest game, and then of course the final day v Preston which as others have mentioned could be an all or nothing shoot out. We finally threw it away in the third to last game v Derby last season. Maybe we'll go better this time around.

Edited by ExiledAjax

On 02/06/2020 at 11:03, Dolman_Stand said:

I can see crowds being back before the end of this calender year, one option available to the club maybe that only season ticket holders (that have bought them to date or up to a maximum number of say 8 - 10,000) for next season could be allowed within the stadium as a starting point.

You would then need to space those people out i.e. only one in every three seats are to be used, this would obviously mean moving people from the seats they have paid for in the interim and there would also need to be heavy distancing restrictions around the concourse areas but its  a possibility.

I read an article on Bristol Rugby in which they said they could accommodate 10,000 inside AG, social distancing obviously and one way systems around the concourse.

On 02/06/2020 at 11:03, Dolman_Stand said:

Maybe but I can’t see it personally, it’s still way to many people in one place.  Obviously in the end things will start back but I think next year 

• Like 1

I see Sheffield Wednesday are moaning about the start date.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52907396

Wouldn't be anything to do with the EFL hearing meant to be in July, would it. :whistle:

b210f1cc1cfc599457ac5c67f4afec3c.jpg

Looking at some survey, Villa fans also would prefer the season not to resume. Think Sheffield Wednesday fans not mad keen either.

Could be wrong but most clubs- focusing back on our League now- as clubs (fans who knows) are broadly favourable aren't they?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

44 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Maybe but I can’t see it personally, it’s still way to many people in one place.  Obviously in the end things will start back but I think next year 

Yep. Not a chance fans will be allowed back in this year.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Yep. Not a chance fans will be allowed back in this year.

Other European countries think that it'll happen so I wouldn't say no chance. Lansdown thinks we'll be back by the Autumn and he's been right with every date prediction so far.........could be due to inside info from Mr Ashton who sits on EFL board though !

• Admin
24 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Other European countries think that it'll happen so I wouldn't say no chance. Lansdown thinks we'll be back by the Autumn and he's been right with every date prediction so far.........could be due to inside info from Mr Ashton who sits on EFL board though !

Already happening in Europe SSN followed a team that played last night

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Good news. person from Spurs apparently.

One person has been confirmed positive for coronavirus after 1,197 players and staff were checked in the latest round of testing, the Premier League says.

None on Sundays testing for 1 out of 2394 tests is not bad

Update on Championship restart: season WILL start on June 20 (despite some opposition) but EFL has agreed to remove the first midweek game, so only 2 games in first week and not 3. Season to finish on 21/22 July with play-off final in early August 

This is from John Percy - The Daily Telegraph 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hunsupport said:

Cheer up everyone, the time is closer than You think when fans can go to a football game again. Our cup final starts in 10 mins with 10.000 (!) fans at Puskás Aréna. It will seem as a very few in this huge stadium but still its 10.000 on a sporting event.

16993071ad6d40831d4244e9cdd4b67d2aa40039edbaf09a8a11c9d5aa9bb3e7.jpg

not too dissimilar to Wembley or the emirates......

2 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

Cheer up everyone, the time is closer than You think when fans can go to a football game again. Our cup final starts in 10 mins with 10.000 (!) fans at Puskás Aréna. It will seem as a very few in this huge stadium but still its 10.000 on a sporting event.

16993071ad6d40831d4244e9cdd4b67d2aa40039edbaf09a8a11c9d5aa9bb3e7.jpg

Rumours that 20000 will be allowed to watch our FA Cup Final (10000 from each finalist). 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8385597/Premier-League-NOT-offered-EFL-clubs-financial-help.html

Looks like the PL won't at this time be offering much help-indeed it's a cut in solidarity payments.

This cut is surely due to the advance we saw for part of last seasons solidarity payments earlier in the year. The lack of help is a) Due to cash flow on their part b) Same as usual PL or c) Perhaps leverage being put out there early for any discussions that may arise over an EFL wage cap, or exclusion of parachute payments from income for FFP purposes or a general abolition.

Seems reading down the page, the 25% cut is part of contingencies, and again cashflow as I thought- in case the PL have to reimburse broadcasters if the season curtailed. Parachute payments may also need some repayments or partial repayments.

I stand corrected on one bit- apparently EFL clubs did NOT accept the advance on solidarity payment earlier this year/season.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Something needs to be done otherwise the EFL is ****ed, Wycombe have told some staff after furlough ends in October they'll have to seek new jobs. Clubs talking about finding it difficult about playing out this season without fans income, what about the whole of next season IF fans aren't allowed back in? This can't be a question for later and needs to be looked at now.