IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

On 01/11/2020 at 08:20, daored said:

I understand domestic leagues continually , but I struggle to understand why international football is being played next weekend and European football this week. Surely this needs looking at ?

Assuming behind closed doors, it's quite doable- was done in September and October behind closed doors- as were South American World Cup Qualifiers, rescheduled from March I think.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Assuming behind closed doors, it's quite doable- was done in September and October behind closed doors- as were South American World Cup Qualifiers, rescheduled from March I think.

I’m sure the games will be played behind closed doors. I’m just not sure as we enter a national lockdown these games are being played across Europe with the virus so prevalent. 

13 hours ago, bpexile said:

Oh yes, of course but don't remember the ad. Always thought it was an old mans drink, but just a min.........................

Ad was this big butch Aussie singing "Cooper, Cooper, Cooper Stout, Cooper Stout, Cooper Stout" and then a gay fella flounces on singing "with lemonade"

8 hours ago, daored said:

I’m sure the games will be played behind closed doors. I’m just not sure as we enter a national lockdown these games are being played across Europe with the virus so prevalent. 

No real reason for Nations League or Champions League games to be postponed at this stage.

If Governments or Scientific advisers here and in Europe say it should then no doubt it will but provided the Testing etc up to scratch and the virus doesn't mutate drastically, don't see it happening.

As we approach the 2nd lockdown, peoples lives turned upside down. Can't play football, go to the gym, play golf, go to the pub, go to Cabot to look around the shops. Many back on Furlough, worried about their jobs, the future, their health.

What a nice gesture it would be if the Premier League, EFL, Football League got together and agreed to show free to air games on the TV (BBC / ITV)

Even nicer a gesture from the club in these strange times - free streaming of games.

Won't happen but could give good PR if it did.

Stay safe 

So Sky, BT etc waive the money they’ve paid to broadcast the games and allow them to be aired free of charge or will the clubs give the money they’ve received back? Clubs should also not charge to stream games and waive that money as well? 

How would this work?

2 minutes ago, SBB said:

So Sky, BT etc waive the money they’ve paid to broadcast the games and allow them to be aired free of charge or will the clubs give the money they’ve received back? Clubs should also not charge to stream games and waive that money as well? 

How would this work?

Simple it's free. 

1 hour ago, SBB said:

How would this work?

The same way it did at the end of last season.

SKY & BT never showed every game so the ones they weren't going to show they could do for free.

As i said it would be a good gesture. 

2 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

The same way it did at the end of last season.

SKY & BT never showed every game so the ones they weren't going to show they could do for free.

As i said it would be a good gesture. 

Should the players play for free as well? 

1 hour ago, Selred said:

Should the players play for free as well? 

That's a ridiculous question given the amount that the players are still earning now.

Every premier league game is broadcast all around the world, except for in the UK.  The main reason they're not all broadcast here is (presumably) to protect attendances the same reason as no broadcasts at 3pm on a Sat etc.  Given that attendances aren't allowed, they absolutely should be showing all of the games now.

It's a massive difference for the EFL though as obviously we all know it's the other way around with clubs struggling financially even before all of this

25 minutes ago, Roe said:

That's a ridiculous question given the amount that the players are still earning now.

Every premier league game is broadcast all around the world, except for in the UK.  The main reason they're not all broadcast here is (presumably) to protect attendances the same reason as no broadcasts at 3pm on a Sat etc.  Given that attendances aren't allowed, they absolutely should be showing all of the games now.

It's a massive difference for the EFL though as obviously we all know it's the other way around with clubs struggling financially even before all of this

Every game is now broadcast, but through PPV I thought?

My main point was around EFL to be fair.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Selred said:

Every game is now broadcast, but through PPV I thought?

My main point was around EFL to be fair.

Yeah but having them on PPV as opposed to free tv or even paid subscriptions is a bit of a cheek and is rightly getting slated.

Although that's fair if you're talking about EFL then ?

3 minutes ago, Roe said:

Yeah but having them on PPV as opposed to free tv or even paid subscriptions is a bit of a cheek and is rightly getting slated.

I agree, the cost is horrendous. However I don't understand people's right to have the games for free. Even though it's in internationally broadcast, we should we get it free and not people abroad? We are all in lockdowns. 

I also understand football has a lot of money, but don't see people saying Amazon should give prime away for free during lockdown. Business is business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Ferret said:

No football ground is opening until a proper vaccine is in place and rolled out to the most vulnerable people in our society 

Anyone who wants football grounds open before then is either thick as shit or just selfish, or perhaps both. 

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the second sentence RF but wholeheartedly agree with the first one, it's just too great a risk, particularly at present when the 2nd wave is happening.

as someone that's had CV19, albeit I got off relatively lightly, I wouldn't dream of heading back to the Gate until it's safe.

Take it from me, even 'relatively lightly' is horrific! Imagine not being able to even walk up a flight of stairs as you can't breathe, that was mild, it's genuinely scary as hell so I would, personally, always err on the side of caution where this dreadful thing is concerned. 8 weeks later and it still effects me at times. 

No offence to anyone, obviously, but I can't sign the petition, yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wouldn't necessarily agree with the second sentence RF but wholeheartedly agree with the first one, it's just too great a risk, particularly at present when the 2nd wave is happening.

as someone that's had CV19, albeit I got off relatively lightly, I wouldn't dream of heading back to the Gate until it's safe.

Take it from me, even 'relatively lightly' is horrific! Imagine not being able to even walk up a flight of stairs as you can't breathe, that was mild, it's genuinely scary as hell so I would, personally, always err on the side of caution where this dreadful thing is concerned. 8 weeks later and it still effects me at times. 

No offence to anyone, obviously, but I can't sign the petition, yet. 

People want to return to football because they believe that their right to watch live football supercedes that of the health of other people.

So I do believe they are selfish yes. And if they are not selfish then they are just incredibly ignorant.

Hope you make a full and good recovery in time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/10/2020 at 20:46, Redwhitepurple said:

Just got 7 people in the fmaily to sign.

Wanna coward away dont go but you habe no right to bubble wrap the entire country. Wanna stay in then stay in. Flu still kills more. Covid isn't even close to being deadly. Stats dont lie, its embarrassing and now we have a huge tax bill to pay. Great.

Fingers crossed no one in your family catches a severe case of it. 

Those who’ve not been effected/impacted will see the media reporting and take it as numbers. 

Take your blinkers off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Fingers crossed no one in your family catches a severe case of it. 

Those who’ve not been effected/impacted will see the media reporting and take it as numbers. 

Take your blinkers off. 

A lot of denial going on..

If they could take a walk into their local hospital & view the 'covid' areas,, witness the staff putting themselves on the line,,facing constant danger,,then I'm sure many of them would shit themselves - so many can't see anything unless it's right under their nose.  

• Like 7

Just got 7 people in the fmaily to sign.

Wanna coward away dont go but you habe no right to bubble wrap the entire country. Wanna stay in then stay in. Flu still kills more. Covid isn't even close to being deadly. Stats dont lie, its embarrassing and now we have a huge tax bill to pay. Great.

It's mad people still say this.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Red Ferret said:

No football ground is opening until a proper vaccine is in place and rolled out to the most vulnerable people in our society 

Anyone who wants football grounds open before then is either thick as shit or just selfish, or perhaps both. 

What if those grounds could be proven to have people safely distanced, and adequate checks in place before entering the stadium so there is no risk?

Also what do you say to those grounds around Europe that have reopened and have had no additional cases as a result?

Perhaps "thick as shit" is a bit of an ironic comment?

2 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

If they could take a walk into their local hospital & view the 'covid' areas,, witness the staff putting themselves on the line,,facing constant danger,,then I'm sure many of them would shit themselves - so many can't see anything unless it's right under their nose.  

I have been in lots of hospitals over the past weeks, perhaps you should educate yourself and visit one.

ICU wards etc are certainly nowhere near being over run

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

What if those grounds could be proven to have people safely distanced, and adequate checks in place before entering the stadium so there is no risk?

Also what do you say to those grounds around Europe that have reopened and have had no additional cases as a result?

Perhaps "thick as shit" is a bit of an ironic comment?

I have been in lots of hospitals over the past weeks, perhaps you should educate yourself and visit one.

ICU wards etc are certainly nowhere near being over run

Like France?

• Hmmm 1

Just now, phantom said:

Come on, for every France there are 2/3 countries where it isn't a problem.

I don't know why there are people that even now continue to not see how opening stadiums can be achieved

I was being a little facetious, but France opened up stadiums and they're in a sorry state.

I can see how it can be achieved (inside the stadium at least) in a situation where numbers are under some sort of control. I can't see people still advocating it this side of Xmas though unfortunately, and the whole behaviour before/after entering the ground concerns me as I think we all know big groups will gather before and after.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

I can't agree with this anywhere near enough.

It would appear I caught it working in hospitals (I'm not NHS BTW) and some of the things I've seen on Covid wards will never leave me. 

Luckily, I've been supplied with all the correct PPE, even a back mounted ventilator, but the nurses don't always have this yet still carry on..

I can't praise them enough and agree wholeheartedly with your comment and that from Red Ferret too.

If clubs fold, so be it but returning to stadiums in any numbers would be serious folly IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What a complete bufoon

Personally , Id like to see you and your 7 family members transferred to a assigned enclosed area / town where you can ignore the harmless CoVid and behave how you wish , with other like minded and selfish tyoes

No NHS facilities - you get on with it , catch it , on your own

• Flames 1