IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I’m not surprised in the slightest. We are the worst nation in the world for fuckwittery. I think it's a depressingly low proportion of our general public that aren’t complete dicks.

All these panic buyers, ‘blokes’ that can’t avoid a pint and bog roll hoarders are the same knobs that jump up before the captains turned off the seatbelt sign after landing.

Natural selection. Give it 10 days.

The rest of you stay indoors

Have to agree. Some of the youngsters are braindead idiots probably not helped by the parents being the same. I have almost given up hope tbh.

• Like 2

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Super said:

Have to agree. Some of the youngsters are braindead idiots probably not helped by the parents being the same. I have almost given up hope tbh.

Maybe those who come through this, having witnessed mass burials or cremations, empty houses, thousands of businesses gone and a very different world, will take a different and more caring view on their fellow survivors.

4 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Maybe those who come through this, having witnessed mass burials or cremations, empty houses, thousands of businesses gone and a very different world, will take a different and more caring view on their fellow survivors.

Let us hope MR.

7 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

not for long and history will repeat itself and guess what we still won't be prepared, we don't learn instant gain isn't better than a long term solution.

Edited by reddoh
re worded for clarity I hope

13 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Too late and if we had double or treble the capacity, we’d still get overwhelmed.  No matter who we had in government for the last 20 years, we would still be under prepared for this.

Political point scoring and claiming to know more than the scientific advisors is just postulating on a forum at this time.

We are in the shit, we would have been in the shit if Labour had won the election, if the Lib Dem’s or anyone else had won it.  When you see the amounts of people today at the beach, Snowdonia and many other places, maybe nature is right to have a clear out......

We had a two week head-start minimum on this, yet when the first deaths in China were confirmed, Trump called it a "Democrat hoax" and later "hysteria". Then when it had actually arrived on these shores BoJo the Clown announced in a press conference that he had been happily shaking the hands of patients diagnosed with the virus.

Both of them have displayed negligence, misunderstanding and gross incompetence. But then, are we really surprised? 

Really sorry if you feel that's political point scoring, I can assure you I'd be calling them out no matter who they represented because this is life and death. This is real. 

More deaths than Italy at the comparative time, more deaths than France. They were in lockdown before us. We still aren't. Why? This is not an unfair question, I'm worried about the lives of the people of this country. Some answers from our illustrious leaders would be nice... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I have no faith in humanity doing the right thing. There are sufficient selfish w@nkers and ***ts in the world that it will eventually turn to shite again.

Edited by One Team In Keynsham
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Why do I get the feeling this is still not being taken seriously in the uk. 

Pictures today of the beaches in Cornwall and Devon packed. People rushing out to get a last pint in the pub last night..... embarrassing. 

I'm so angry. Pissed off that as a postman my employer must think I'm immune to this disease just so I can deliver a ******* Domino's pizza advert. 

Well had enough. And everyone needs to wake up quickly. 

Absolutely, it is crazy.

Yes, go out for , food, or work if you can’t work at home or are a critical worker , but otherwise, no excuse - STAY INSIDE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

As this chap says;

Not sure just straightlining UK trend from first point to last & then forward is correct. UK is following an elliptical curve on the log chart i.e. size of absolute number of new cases is increasing daily but the % change is trending downward, suggesting UK curve will level off.

We are wasting our time, it seems most on here are determined to look on the black side with all there we're doomed predictions, best we just stop trying to reason with them and let them get on with it, short of having a guard outside everyone's house and we all starve to death because we shouldn't be leaving our homes you know to shop, work, get some fresh air etc. what the hell do they expect us to do just give up on life.

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We had a two week head-start minimum on this, yet when the first deaths in China were confirmed, Trump called it a "Democrat hoax" and later "hysteria". Then when it had actually arrived on these shores BoJo the Clown announced in a press conference that he had been happily shaking the hands of patients diagnosed with the virus.

Both of them have displayed negligence, misunderstanding and gross incompetence. But then, are we really surprised? 

Really sorry if you feel that's political point scoring, I can assure you I'd be calling them out no matter who they represented because this is life and death. This is real. 

More deaths than Italy at the comparative time, more deaths than France. They were in lockdown before us. We still aren't. Why? This is not an unfair question, I'm worried about the lives of the people of this country. Some answers from our illustrious leaders would be nice... 

Hindsight, it’s great isn’t it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

No.

Once again, his advisors (Chief medic and Vallance) said its possible that 20k-50k could die and anything under 20k would be a result.

They have never mentioned 250k.

That is someone else.

A leaked Gov document suggested 500k could die ... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-news-latest-deaths-uk-infection-flu-a9360271.html

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Nope. Try again. I'll help you out: a precedent is related to historical terms.  Two weeks is not historical. If City won on the 1st of March, drew on the 8th of March, won a midweek game on the 11th,  and lost on the 15th, what is the historical precedence?  I'll not stay up all night waiting for your answer. 

Interestingly, this happened in the 1931/32 season - where City finished 7th.

A portent for this season, should it ever recommence?

53 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Why do I get the feeling this is still not being taken seriously in the uk. 

Pictures today of the beaches in Cornwall and Devon packed. People rushing out to get a last pint in the pub last night..... embarrassing. 

I'm so angry. Pissed off that as a postman my employer must think I'm immune to this disease just so I can deliver a ******* Domino's pizza advert. 

Well had enough. And everyone needs to wake up quickly. 

Spot on,I’m one of the key workers the government mentioned but why should I take the risk while a majority of this country think it’s to much hard work to keep themselves indoors 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Nothing to do with hindsight. I, and many others have been baffled by the government's position from day one. And yes, that includes hundreds of medical experts. By the government's own admission they have changed strategy at least twice already. They rubbished testing as being important but have now admitted it's very important. The whole "herd immunity" theory, they have distanced themselves from. They have made politically motivated decisions that they thought would best help the economy but sacrifice lives. There will inevitably be a public inquiry into the way this was handled and already, it ain't looking good. 

The stuff coming out of Italy this evening is frankly terrifying, but hey let's carry on and hope for the best, eh.

Edit: out of interest, 10 days ago when we were still allowing flights to arrive from Lombardy,  Italy into the UK unrestricted and unchecked did you think at the time that was a good, or a bad idea? 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, daored said:

Agree , be interesting if country wide initially 

The order for places to close last night took quite a few by surprise because it was predicted that it might just be in London to start with, and instead was for the whole country straight away. I expect any lockdown will be the same.

30 minutes ago, pillred said:

We are wasting our time, it seems most on here are determined to look on the black side with all there we're doomed predictions, best we just stop trying to reason with them and let them get on with it, short of having a guard outside everyone's house and we all starve to death because we shouldn't be leaving our homes you know to shop, work, get some fresh air etc. what the hell do they expect us to do just give up on life.

Starving to death won’t happen but a lot of fatties myself included will lose weight and you will always be able to eat but not 4 kebabs a week,the pollution will cut by 90% because hardly anyone will drive(I just made that figure up but Greta and her gang will be happy) and finally loved ones will not be finished off by ass holes who think I’m alright jack 

• Like 1

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nothing to do with hindsight. I, and many others have been baffled by the government's position from day one. And yes, that includes hundreds of medical experts. By the government's own admission they have changed strategy at least twice already. They rubbished testing as being important but have now admitted it's very important. The whole "herd immunity" theory, they have distanced themselves from. They have made politically motivated decisions that they thought would best help the economy but sacrifice lives. There will inevitably be a public inquiry into the way this was handled and already, it ain't looking good. 

The stuff coming out of Italy this evening is frankly terrifying, but hey let's carry on and hope for the best, eh.

Edit: out of interest, 10 days ago when we were still allowing flights to arrive from Lombardy,  Italy into the UK unrestricted and unchecked did you think at the time that was a good, or a bad idea? 

Honest answer, 10 days ago, I wasn’t that fussed about it, like most of the population.  I was still travelling to London on business and it only in the last 7 days or so that other business meeting have turned into Skype  or conference calls.

Hindsight answer, we should have shut all airports and ports in January.

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Starving to death won’t happen but a lot of fatties myself included will lose weight and you will always be able to eat but not 4 kebabs a week,the pollution will cut by 90% because hardly anyone will drive(I just made that figure up but Greta and her gang will be happy) and finally loved ones will not be finished off by ass holes who think I’m alright jack 

Might be draconian, but all those ******* that converged on seaside resorts today should have their vehicles impounded or something - I was embarrassed to be British at the conduct displayed

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

It certainly is....

.....when you’ve been given foresight by what had already happened in other countries.

But in fairness to Chris Whitty on 12th Mch when he said he was worried that if they moved to soon to drastic measures people would get bored when it really mattered.  Well those selfish idiots aren’t even getting bored, they can’t be arsed full stop.

What an embarrassing bunch on W Anchors we have in this country.  I’m quite ashamed.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Might be draconian, but all those ******* that converged on seaside resorts today should have their vehicles impounded or something - I was embarrassed to be British at the conduct displayed

Complete bellends mate,no other words for them,unless they know something we don’t and this virus is going to make sand and the sea disappear so they are getting a last look at it 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

• Admin
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It certainly is....

.....when you’ve been given foresight by what had already happened in other countries.

But in fairness to Chris Whitty on 12th Mch when he said he was worried that if they moved to soon to drastic measures people would get bored when it really mattered.  Well those selfish idiots aren’t even getting bored, they can’t be arsed full stop.

What an embarrassing bunch on W Anchors we have in this country.  I’m quite ashamed.

There is no easy answer is there, at the risk of repetition, we won’t have a real understanding of what actions (or lack of actions) has caused, until this has come to a place we can start to call normality and then evaluate all the data.

Maybe the TV should be showing people in intensive care, dead bodies, more detailed information on the effect on the body, we are too sheltered, social media has such extremes of opinion that most people don’t believe any of it, perhaps it should be shut down.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

To me. 

Should people be allowed to go to a supermarket? I'd say yes, as it is a vital human need. Pharmacy too, within reason. 

Greta, disregarding her, pollution falling off a cliff no bad thing. Pictures from Venice and the surrounding area are pretty interesting, if accurate.

People have to be responsible however. Really have to- sadly it appears too many are failing to get it.

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Complete bellends mate,no other words for them,unless they know something we don’t and this virus is going to make sand and the sea disappear so they are getting a last look at it 

Not sure what frightens me the most, the virus itself or the behaviour of our fellow citizens.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Spot on,I’m one of the key workers the government mentioned but why should I take the risk while a majority of this country think it’s to much hard work to keep themselves indoors 

Me too. I am starting to feel the same if a few of my colleagues and I decide to bugger off and self isolate millions ain't getting paid!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It certainly is....

to be honest Dave when the experts said the young fit and healthy wouldn't be affected what did they think the young fit and healthy were going to do. experts can be ***** too it's not an exclusive club. 

• Like 2