IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

58 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Sorry if I misunderstood ,but i went on the BT website to find out about a refund on my sports package found a link which will credit the monthly charge against your next bill .

Just provided account number and email address - no complaints from me and took a couple of minutes.

I was told would automatically be put on an 18 month contract when football returns 

2 hours ago, The Humble Realist said:

I think all clubs are very lucky more fans aren't asking for refunds now 

Clearly no one will be attending the last 5 games so in principle refunds could be offered now.

Feels like the climate has changed economically in the last week and that businesses including football are beginning to creak. There is a real push to open businesses and get football on again .

But until things are finalised then how can they refund? 

If they did, and then games returned with fans, it would be a nightmare to sort out. 

You buy a season ticket with no guarentee when games are. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, daored said:

With the sky sports refund , what happens to your subscription, goes it get added on at the end of your term by an extra month(s)

I spoke to BT yesterday and they said for BT Sport they would automatically add the sport package onto a 18 month contract which I don’t want to do as looking to switch broadband and BT sport onto a new sky package 

No, it’s just a credit for the Sky Sports element on your Sky bill, no extension of contract term.  Assumes you are with Sky.

With BT Sport, I only had the £10pm online version, e.g. watch on iPad / App.  I cancelled this, rather than allow them to credit it and then put it back on.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, it’s just a credit for the Sky Sports element on your Sky bill, no extension of contract term.  Assumes you are with Sky.

With BT Sport, I only had the £10pm online version, e.g. watch on iPad / App.  I cancelled this, rather than allow them to credit it and then put it back on.

I’ve got both - BT sport with BT through broadband 

52 minutes ago, Selred said:

But until things are finalised then how can they refund? 

If they did, and then games returned with fans, it would be a nightmare to sort out. 

You buy a season ticket with no guarentee when games are. 

This is all true....however i think its pretty clear that those 5 games left will not have fans attending OR will not be played. 

7 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

This is all true....however i think its pretty clear that those 5 games left will not have fans attending OR will not be played. 

It is clear that they will not have fans there if they are played but the club can offer alternatives rather than refunds - live streaming to ST holders or whatever. It is then up to the individual what they opt for. If the games don`t happen we will get refunded I`m sure.

They`re doing the right thing in waiting to see what the EFL decide but running different scenarios (as we know!) to cover all the options.

9 hours ago, hodge said:

Its quite likely they haven't got it from/spread it at training if the club have been sticking to strict social distancing training

Goes to show that resumption will be wholly dependent on a testing programme. 

• Thanks 1

Think it's pretty clear with what info is coming out that only the Prem season will be completed with neutral grounds being used some of which I suspect will include Championship grounds. With every member of every squad needing to be tested to be able to play this would be an impossible exercise to carry out for anything other than just the Prem. Plus , the requirement of neutral grounds in non populated areas would also mean just the Prem being able to be completed.

I didn't realise the prem proposal of neutral stadiums to finish off included the possibility of non premier league grounds being used to prevent fans congregating. Have to wonder if Ashton Gate would be used given the nearest prem team would be Villa/Bournemouth, the addition of the facilities being very modern would make sense too. 

8 hours ago, hodge said:

I didn't realise the prem proposal of neutral stadiums to finish off included the possibility of non premier league grounds being used to prevent fans congregating. Have to wonder if Ashton Gate would be used given the nearest prem team would be Villa/Bournemouth, the addition of the facilities being very modern would make sense too. 

I thought that but apparently grounds near residential areas are being ruled out, so likelihood is it would be places like Reading or Bolton which are out near the motorway and not particularly appealing for people to congregate outside, although the sun today is saying there’s a proposal to finish the season in Perth (the Australian one) and apparently the Australians are quite keen so probably means it won’t happen 

Edited by walnutroof

26 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I thought that but apparently grounds near residential areas are being ruled out, so likelihood is it would be places like Reading or Bolton which are out near the motorway and not particularly appealing for people to congregate outside, although the sun today is saying there’s a proposal to finish the season in Perth (the Australian one) and apparently the Australians are quite keen so probably means it won’t happen 

Bolton & Reading are good shouts. Colchester and Derby too. Brighton ? I think that`s pretty much all student accommodation round there isn`t it?

I think MK Dons from memory is near the M1 and away from housing too. I`ve mentioned before as well that does it have to be football grounds? I`m thinking of Sandy Park (Exeter Rugby) down here - right by the M5, one way in and out and a hotel on site.

There might be some non-league grounds too - Fylde`s new stadium for instance is a fair way from anything I think.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge

10 hours ago, hodge said:

There was an article in the paper yesterday saying Bristol was considered but the pitches are too small ?

13 hours ago, hodge said:

Isn’t there testing facilities at AG too?

Perth Scotland or Western Australia.. the latter has no lockdown but only 2 useable football grounds. Bit of a treck but I suppose doable. So the Championship can conclude in Vietnam then? Lots of grounds and no lock down either. Just up the road for me. Bring it on. League 1 in Bangladesh anyone? 

Edited by havanatopia

54 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Perth Scotland or Western Australia.. the latter has no lockdown but only 2 useable football grounds. Bit of a treck but I suppose doable. So the Championship can conclude in Vietnam then? Lots of grounds and no lock down either. Just up the road for me. Bring it on. League 1 in Bangladesh anyone? 

WA.  4 Stadiums of various sizing.

Perth has four major sporting venues that can be used — Optus Stadium (capacity 65,000), Perth Oval (20,500), cricket’s WACA (24,500) and Joondalup Arena (16,000).

Spoke to my son who lives in Perth this morning. He's sports mad and a City fan?.

He didn't say anything about Prem games being played there when we were talking about the season's outstanding games.

He did say Foxtel were reportedly in trouble because of no sports on TV.

Seems unlikely to me. Mandatory 14 days complete hotel quarantine for all those incoming to WA. So no training etc during those 14 days in isolation.

What is the point in completing the premier league season of there is no relegation?

I am getting pretty sick and tired at how important the premier league thinks it is. All these suggestions about completing their season with no thought given to the impacts this lockdown is having further down the footballing ladder.

I want to watch football again as much as anyone else but if that doesn’t include city then I couldn’t really give a shit about what happens with the premier league.

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

What is the point in completing the premier league season of there is no relegation?

I am getting pretty sick and tired at how important the premier league thinks it is. All these suggestions about completing their season with no thought given to the impacts this lockdown is having further down the footballing ladder.

I want to watch football again as much as anyone else but if that doesn’t include city then I couldn’t really give a shit about what happens with the premier league.

Exactly how I feel. 

I watched a short report on how the pandemic had hit Italy from start till now and I  dont mind saying I was struggling not to shed a tear. 

Seriously how the **** is football remotely important right now??? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

WA.  4 Stadiums of various sizing.

Perth has four major sporting venues that can be used — Optus Stadium (capacity 65,000), Perth Oval (20,500), cricket’s WACA (24,500) and Joondalup Arena (16,000).

Why would they want lots of people from the worst infected country in Europe?! Nonsense suggestion tbh.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Why would they want lots of people from the worst infected country in Europe?! Nonsense suggestion tbh.

£money.....tourism down in quiet season in Oz....boost economy, etc etc.  

They would quarantine them first.

Supposedly this is one of a series of possible solutions, Dubai, Qatar, also possible..

Just reporting the story.