IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

If they go in order, Blackburn will be our next game. Preston was due to be the last game of the season. 

Picture the scenario City need to get something from the Preston game to confirm the play offs. it's hard not to imagine fans congregating outside the stadium in anticipation and similarly in the play offs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

That could be winner takes all where the PO's are concerned. 

Absolutely- possible decider.

Nottingham Forest away is also a possible six pointer though maybe they're a bit too far ahead? Would have to check! We're often in last two seasons better on the road though...no fans will negate that for home and away sides though!

2 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Picture the scenario City need to get something from the Preston game to confirm the play offs. it's hard not to imagine fans congregating outside the stadium in anticipation and similarly in the play offs 

Given our history against Preston?

• Like 1

Wealth vs health is an interesting one.

I'm conflicted as to whether behind closed doors football such a risk. With fans different story but they will be tested regularly, they will be in a very clean environment, a heavily sanitised environment- with the right precautions I think it's one of the lower risk things to restart. Fans would have to do their bit and stay away though, just stay away!

PPG to settle if interrupted again IMO, ie whatever PPG is at the time of 2nd stoppage.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

19 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

If we don’t make the play offs with those 3 then Johnson should really get the sack....

Just getting the ball rolling.

Please don't say we'd get Dominic Raab! ?

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Now confirmed on Sky sports, provisional date for play-off final on or around 30 July. "We are working...broadcast remaining games on sky sports, ifollow or club's equivalent streaming service". COYR

What is I follow?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

What happens if season starts and then stops again because of 2nd peak. 

I would presume that anybody with games in hand would play first, then at least everyone would be on the same games played.

Other than that :dunno:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wealth vs health is an interesting one.

I'm conflicted as to whether behind closed doors football such a risk. With fans different story but they will be tested regularly, they will be in a very clean environment, a heavily sanitised environment- with the right precautions I think it's one of the lower risk things to restart. Fans would have to do their bit and stay away though, just stay away!

I honestly don't think there is much risk to health if football resumes. Pubs would be a bigger threat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We can squeeze 5,000 die hard fans in the Three Lions 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

My question is - if the play-off final is 30th July, will the 2020-21 season still start a week later as normal? Will the three month hiatus for coronavirus be treated as the “pre-season”? 

I would guess that all clubs will want at least a month long transfer window; before new season starts ?

Therefore September at the earliest, would be my guess.

Edited by The Gasbuster

I’m starting to understand and have sympathy for Liverpool fans.

It began to dawn on me just how unjust it would be, for this four year journey with Lee Johnson to be robbed of it’s 11th place finish.

A sickening blow indeed, but thankfully now a reality again ?

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, mozo said:

I honestly don't think there is much risk to health if football resumes. Pubs would be a bigger threat.

City playing is always a risk to health.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I would guess that all clubs will want at least a month long transfer window; before new season starts ?

Therefore September at the earliest, would be my guess.

A while back they were suggesting a two week turnaround. Dunno if that's still the case...

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

A while back they were suggesting a two week turnaround. Dunno if that's still the case...

Yes, that was in today's Times. Got mentioned on the Sky TV  Sunday Supplement programme. Would be incredible to win the play- offs and be playing in the Prem perhaps within two weeks. 

What sort of odds would you get on staying up?!

Some talk of the transfer window being open to October. 

• Robin 1

2 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Yes, that was in today's Times. Got mentioned on the Sky TV  Sunday Supplement programme. Would be incredible to win the play- offs and be playing in the Prem perhaps within two weeks. 

What sort of odds would you get on staying up?!

Some talk of the transfer window being open to October. 

Odds for Fam for Prem golden boot....?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

******* crazy decision.

Everyone 2 metres apart please.. apart from footballers, get touch tight spit and sweat all over each other for 90 minutes. Noooo it's its perfectly safe it's nothing to do with money!

Awful decision. I hope there are lots of players who refuse to play.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

13 minutes ago, TRL said:

******* crazy decision.

Everyone 2 metres apart please.. apart from footballers, get touch tight spit and sweat all over each other for 90 minutes. Noooo it's its perfectly safe it's nothing to do with money!

Awful decision. I hope there are lots of players who refuse to play.

no-pay-no-play.jpg

Couldn't find on the right way round, but the equation is similar. In an ideal case anyway. Players have had it quite easy in this pandemic.

Yeah, the Bundesliga has been terribly beset by Covid 19. Two weeks in now, the next few weeks will be instructive but not heard of anyone being ruled out due to Covid in the last fortnight yet.

Got little sympathy personally.

If you can point to a spike in infection in the Bundesliga...be my guest.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

No play- no pay!!

Yeah, the Bundesliga has been terribly beset by Covid 19.

Remind me the difference in rates of infection and deaths between uk and Germany. 

Apart from.that I await the incubation period before thinking it's been a success. They could start dropping like flies in a week!

And remind me again what the social distancing guidelines and measurement is again... for everyone?

4 minutes ago, TRL said:

Remind me the difference in rates of infection and deaths between uk and Germany. 

Apart from.that I await the incubation period before thinking it's been a success. They could start dropping like flies in a week!

And remind me again what the social distancing guidelines and measurement is again... for everyone?

I was possibly a bit harsh but Germany has done very well in this pandemic- us, not so much.,

7-14 days isn't it? Yeah, ideal to hold fire but it resumed IIRC a fortnight ago and there seems to have been little yet. Still worth seeing in a few days but I thought it was 14 then it's so far so good at this stage...

I get that bit, but it's the same in Germany- I believe football will be one of the safer environments. In a stadium, in the air- not celebrating goals in the same way, no spitting surely- there will be steps taken.

Nonetheless the players have had quite an easy pandemic- so I can't get too sympathetic on some levels. The environment of a football match will be amongst the safest IMO.

My tone of irritation wasn't aimed at you so much, more at the thought that rather cossetted individuals would refuse in good numbers- when fans will not receive what they have paid for, deferral not cuts etc- feels like a lot of footballers have had it too easy.