Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Agreed, especially when there were posts from the one who claimed extensive knowledge of what was going on in China and everything was apparently getting back to normal over there way back at the start of the year so there was basically nothing to worry about - what an idiot ...

Quite possible that things are getting back to normal in China though- those points had some validity in isolation, fans have returned to Wuhan football, read a few weeks ago of some kind of Wuhan Beer Festival or similar!

Some of them, maskless at that! (Dunno what the guidance is there tbh).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
On 25/07/2020 at 21:14, S25loyal said:

Let’s cripple the nhs and kill people off so football can survive. 

As per the whole process all along, the testing of football staff has NO impact on the NHS and is completely separate 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

As per the whole process all along, the testing of football staff has NO impact on the NHS and is completely separate 

Is it though? Again it’s corporate greed and money talks, just as the wealthy can get tests done whenever they want the lab space taken up by sports people should be used for the benefit of normal people. 

Agreed interesting reading the first few pages, a lot of people calling things exactly in line with what happened.  

Fair play to And It’s Smith, they keep going with the ‘it’s not serious’ line for about 3 weeks and dont let up, until they then start blaming the Tories for not taking it seriously!  

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Agreed, especially when there were posts from the one who claimed extensive knowledge of what was going on in China and everything was apparently getting back to normal over there way back at the start of the year so there was basically nothing to worry about - what an idiot ...

Regarding football I said the football season wouldn’t be cancelled which you called ridiculous. It wasn’t cancelled so who’s the idiot?  

44 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Agreed interesting reading the first few pages, a lot of people calling things exactly in line with what happened.  

Fair play to And It’s Smith, they keep going with the ‘it’s not serious’ line for about 3 weeks and dont let up, until they then start blaming the Tories for not taking it seriously!  

China showed how to deal with it.  Assumed the Tories would do the same. Not my fault they didn’t.   China have aggressive local lockdowns and contain the virus very well.  As someone who goes to China and know people there I was just communicating what was to be expected.  You can have a go at me for that if it makes you feel better 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

China showed how to deal with it.  Assumed the Tories would do the same. Not my fault they didn’t.   China have aggressive local lockdowns and contain the virus very well.  As someone who goes to China and know people there I was just communicating what was to be expected.  You can have a go at me for that if it makes you feel better 

The lady doth protest too much

• Haha 3

I think you're better off just taking the L on this one. In your defence, back in Feb none of us really knew what was going to happen and none of us would be privy to that info.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I Win Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I love the diversity of the travel / mates.....I could imagine you with a 3 wheeler van with Red Dave Independent Trading on the side and “London, Paris, Wuhan, Oldham” underneath 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I love the diversity of the travel / mates.....I could imagine you with a 3 wheeler van with Red Dave Independent Trading on the side and “London, Paris, Wuhan, Oldham” underneath 😂😂😂

Expect better than that from you Dave.  I live in Bristol, work in Oldham and do business with Chinese factories. Not exactly a unique set up is it!  Most people in manufacturing work with Chinese factories!  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Expect better than that from you Dave.  I live in Bristol, work in Oldham and do business with Chinese factories. Not exactly a unique set up is it!  Most people in manufacturing work with Chinese factories!  

I thought it was funny 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Regarding football I said the football season wouldn’t be cancelled which you called ridiculous. It wasn’t cancelled so who’s the idiot?  

I didn’t say your claim was ridiculous - you said it was ridiculous to consider cancelling the season way back at the start of this pandemic, then leagues one and two had their seasons cancelled. Anyway, apologies, there was no need to go over this old ground again - it’s been an horrendously tough year for so many, I guess I’m just totally fed up with it all now. Can’t even get any enthusiasm back for football at the moment .... roll on Christmas!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I'd be surprised if anyone else here has the Oldham commute.

Oldland Common, maybe. But Oldham, less so.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t say your claim was ridiculous - you said it was ridiculous to consider cancelling the season way back at the start of this pandemic, then leagues one and two had their seasons cancelled. Anyway, apologies, there was no need to go over this old ground again - it’s been an horrendously tough year for so many, I guess I’m just totally fed up with it all now. Can’t even get any enthusiasm back for football at the moment .... roll on Christmas!!

Can't wait to allocate family their own time slots for visiting hours. 2 per hour max, thank you.

Only joking... my whole family is small enough to adhere to the law 😂😐

Belgian football fans are set to return to stadiums for top league matches, though numbers will be strictly limited with social distancing.

It will be the fifth game of the new season for these clubs. The action starts tonight in Eupen, a town near the German border, with the local stadium welcoming up to 1,600 fans. Matches have been behind closed doors since the March lockdown.

“Bring the passion back,” says a Flemish football website headline.

On Sunday, more than 6,000 will be allowed into Anderlecht’s stadium - way below its maximum capacity of 22,000.

Fans are urged to keep one metre apart, separated by empty seats, and they must wear masks all the time.

Clubs hope gradually to increase the crowd numbers.

Anderlecht CEO Karel Van Eetvelt says a closed-door match loses the club around €650,000 (£600,000). “This time, with about a third of our fans, we hope to limit the loss to €350,000 to €400,000.”

Next week some German Bundesliga clubs will allow fans back into stadiums, with strict rules as in Belgium.

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Belgian football fans are set to return to stadiums for top league matches, though numbers will be strictly limited with social distancing.

It will be the fifth game of the new season for these clubs. The action starts tonight in Eupen, a town near the German border, with the local stadium welcoming up to 1,600 fans. Matches have been behind closed doors since the March lockdown.

“Bring the passion back,” says a Flemish football website headline.

On Sunday, more than 6,000 will be allowed into Anderlecht’s stadium - way below its maximum capacity of 22,000.

Fans are urged to keep one metre apart, separated by empty seats, and they must wear masks all the time.

Clubs hope gradually to increase the crowd numbers.

Anderlecht CEO Karel Van Eetvelt says a closed-door match loses the club around €650,000 (£600,000). “This time, with about a third of our fans, we hope to limit the loss to €350,000 to €400,000.”

Next week some German Bundesliga clubs will allow fans back into stadiums, with strict rules as in Belgium.

Ever changing I guess, but about a month ago it was stated that the planned return- no standing areas, no alcohol, limited capacity and unsure what else- had been put off because of Covid. If that's changed, that gives grounds for a bit of cautious optimism.

On 10/09/2020 at 12:31, BS4 on Tour... said:

Christmas ? That's knackered already !!

Tammy, Sancho and Chilwell dropped from the squad for the Wales game after attending a party for Tammy's birthday which was more than 6 people. Does playing for England matter to these idiots? Add Foden and Greenwood to that.

Just now, Super said:

Er how is it not about England?

Come on. You've laced yet another covid thread with a bunch of England players. 

There's ample threads on covid, rule breaking, and all manner of other things.

You've also failed to mention that it was a surprise birthday party that Abraham had no knowledge of or hand in planning.

You also say that they've been dropped. They've not been dropped. They've been asked to delay their attendance at training.

Why whip it up with a new and innacurate thread when it can just go in the hopper with all the other covid related chat?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
35 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Come on. You've laced yet another covid thread with a bunch of England players. 

There's ample threads on covid, rule breaking, and all manner of other things.

You've also failed to mention that it was a surprise birthday party that Abraham had no knowledge of or hand in planning.

You also say that they've been dropped. They've not been dropped. They've been asked to delay their attendance at training.

Why whip it up with a new and innacurate thread when it can just go in the hopper with all the other covid related chat?

So 3 England players broke rules and will miss the game against Wales. Yet this is nothing to do with England. Maybe just ignore the thread next time.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

20201005_225717.jpg

Still doesn't say they've been dropped. They have been asked to stay away and are missing the game because of the time it takes to be tested. The last line says they could be back for Belgium if tested in time.

9 minutes ago, Super said:

So 3 England players broke rules and will miss the game against Wales. Yet this is nothing to do with England. Maybe just ignore the thread next time.

See I clicked on it thinking there might be a post about the team, maybe about the potential XI, the formation, the way the game might play out.

Instead you've seen a story and decided to come fishing for outrage at these hoodlums daring to accidentally break a covid rule. You've then sexed up the story by omitting some facts and making up others. It's unnecessary and unhelpful, and could easily have been discussed elsewhere. The young men are being dealt with. Tammy's done his scripted apology and we can all move on.

But if you want a thread to shout at clouds on then I'll take your advice and ignore it now.