IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Millwall staff have, according to BBC article today. Forest are waiting on feedback from an EFL investigation into circumstances. Reports state that he met players and staff on the day.

Why is there little point self isolating after contact? The point is to stop it spreading

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I said no point is self isolating days after the contact. Of course isolate after the contact, but what I meant was that if you know you've had contact, you need to begin your isolation straight away, not wait til the middle of next week!

I'm just hoping we'll know about our game at Forest sooner rather than later. The Forest players, if they need to self isolate, will need to do so soon, so we should know today hopefully. 

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

today my office has started provisions for people working from home - already they've got pregnant women and people with existing health conditions working from home, I think this will be rolled out to others soon

Sensible approach where it's possible without impact to business. We started preparing our teams last week but most people are still in the office at the moment. Anyone coughing gets a stern look mind ?

15 hours ago, redapple said:

What’s upset me most about this whole Corona Virus episode  has been the dismissal of older people . Don’t they have older relatives ? 

For me it’s really confirmed what I had feared about society , that it’s become selfish in a way that it’s never been before. 

Payback for Brexit (Tongue firmly in cheek)

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I said no point is self isolating days after the contact. Of course isolate after the contact, but what I meant was that if you know you've had contact, you need to begin your isolation straight away, not wait til the middle of next week!

I'm just hoping we'll know about our game at Forest sooner rather than later. The Forest players, if they need to self isolate, will need to do so soon, so we should know today hopefully. 

Selfishly, I'm hoping the game gets moved to another day…

18 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Just had a suspected case in one of the offices I work in, meaning I have to self-isolate. Slight issue is that I haven't been in that office for weeks and have had no contact with anyone who has.

Still got to follow company policy I suppose.

Can I have your ticket for next Tuesday? 

• Haha 1

On 09/03/2020 at 10:13, City oz said:

I do take the virus seriously but please roger head hat your story is better than a story on play school 50 years ago. What credible info is there that 70 flights from a quarantined area of Italy landed in the uk and the passengers were not screened. If you have this info please share it for clarification. 

A friend just came Monday from a mediterranean cruise, including parts of Italy that are now locked down (albeit there end of Feb before lockdown). No screening, no tests (and he actually has a cough, though he had it before)

8 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I’ve been ill the last two days. Typical flu symptoms not COV19 symptoms.  I’m not getting pressure from my family to go to get tested. Surely if everyone who feels poorly goes to get tested that would not help the NHS strain?  I’m saying no I will just stay in bed for 48 hours until I feel better. Am I wrong?!

Two weeks isn't it- or a week if it's cold symptoms.

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I’ve been ill the last two days. Typical flu symptoms not COV19 symptoms.  I’m not getting pressure from my family to go to get tested. Surely if everyone who feels poorly goes to get tested that would not help the NHS strain?  I’m saying no I will just stay in bed for 48 hours until I feel better. Am I wrong?!

Can I have that tenner I lent you back first..... 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Two weeks isn't it- or a week if it's cold symptoms.

I’ve got to self isolate even if I’m not having COV symptoms? Time to call NHS direct for clarity I guess 

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Can I have that tenner I lent you back first..... 

I don’t understand. Care to explain?

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I’ve got to self isolate even if I’m not having COV symptoms? Time to call NHS direct for clarity I guess 

https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19 online questions, don't need to phone 111 unless you've been abroad to an area with outbreak or been in contact with confirmed case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

today my office has started provisions for people working from home - already they've got pregnant women and people with existing health conditions working from home, I think this will be rolled out to others soon

Yes, I worked from home yesterday, and we are all (where possible) working at home today / tomorrow.  Microsoft Teams being used for all meetings.

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm currently self isolating on the advice of my GP. Despite the fact im quite young and pretty fit I do feel like death, and I'd rather not give anything to someone who would seriously suffer with it.

I was told I'm not going to be screened because (despite showing all symptoms) I haven't been abroad at all, which puts paid to any idea I had of remaining NHS sensibility. There's 2 other people in buildings within 200yds of me also under isolation so I'm shit scared.

Hope you're OK mate - take the very best of care - you can rely on OTIB to cheer you up if you get desperate! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Tbh saw something in the news about if people have a cold they need to self-isolate for a week.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/mar/09/matt-hancock-under-fire-from-mps-over-uk-coronavirus-response

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Great, I used my Wildcard to bring in 3 Arsenal and Man City players each AND captained De Bruyne ?

Yeah, what a waste of my Free Hit. The WHO and Premier League should be ashamed of themselves...