IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Same as Germany and others have done isn't it ?

Amounts of grants less. But all countries have slightly varying policies. For those laid off, not having to pay utility bills - as is happening in France - would be good.

Our main failing I think is in our lax testing regime.  Stories like this suggest that may be dwn to years of systematic underinvestment.

https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2020/03/18/nhs-scotland-staff-to-be-tested-nhs-england-does-not-have-the-capacity/?fbclid=IwAR2w7zokKmJZmeZ80OSijL0ZgN1obj3nOglTV4nLHB2mt2A0NUMUAThaTEA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

The proof most definitely is in the pudding m8. SARS,Avian bird flu and now this all originated in China. You obviously have had good experience with them ,that's fine and I get it. Me personally, I'm probably going to lose my business so forgive me if I seem a little pissed of with China as a whole. You crack on m8.

What is your business mate?

2 hours ago, walnutroof said:

So kind! I did Charlton away Boxing Day and managed not to wipe out those in the away end, it was literally a case of felt alright one day and was sick the next 

Joking aside since posting that article on Facebook quite a few people have said similar that they had those symptoms from November/December onwards, this helps explain why it looks like there’s been a massive jump in cases when it’s actually been going on a lot longer than people thought, it also means a lot of those currently panicking at home with their toilet rolls are probably immune now to the virus 

I posted this in the politics thread. I had terrible flu just before xmas, completely bed/sofa ridden for 4-5 days. One day fine, next day even went to the gym in the morning then within an hour went from fine to couldn't move off the sofa, no energy at all. It started on a Sunday, finally felt better by about Thursday then Friday night it struck me down again for another 2 days.

Most people I had prolonged contact with were ill too,  partner came down ill a week or so later but not quite at the same level. Her dad who is an "at risk" person was hospitalised with suspected pneumonia / chest infection. My nan, in the same bracket and is house bound, also hospitalised with almost the exact same symptoms as him.

Could be coincedance but it definitely makes sense if this thing was around longer than people think - but at the same time, its winter and these are also typical flu symptoms.

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I posted this in the politics thread. I had terrible flu just before xmas, completely bed/sofa ridden for 4-5 days. One day fine, next day even went to the gym in the morning then within an hour went from fine to couldn't move off the sofa, no energy at all. It started on a Sunday, finally felt better by about Thursday then Friday night it struck me down again for another 2 days.

Most people I had prolonged contact with were ill too,  partner came down ill a week or so later but not quite at the same level. Her dad who is an "at risk" person was hospitalised with suspected pneumonia / chest infection. My nan, in the same bracket and is house bound, also hospitalised with almost the exact same symptoms as him.

Could be coincedance but it definitely makes sense if this thing was around longer than people think - but at the same time, its winter and these are also typical flu symptoms.

I actually got hospitalised a few days after going to the QPR game, this was two weeks after the Christmas flu coughing finally stopped, initially i was diagnosed with a strangulated hernia but a ct scan revealed all the lymph nodes in my groin had become inflamed and the consultant told me that they obviously been working overtime to remove an infection. At the time of being hospitalised news about Covid 19 was only starting to appear so no connection was made but the more i think of it and remember the symptoms i had a Christmas such as wheezing that made me sound like a dog the more convinced i am it was around a lot earlier than people think 

To me that’s a positive thing because we could be hitting it’s peak a lot earlier than forecast and also a lot of people will have had it and now be immune which Is what the herd immunity thing is all about 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm happy to see that.

If it has to be later in the summer, so be it. If it has to be behind closed doors, so be it.

The aim should be, even if in 2021, to get this season finished.

Not that I am overly arsed about football at present, if I was forced to take a stance, my view would be it is better to finish 2019/20 at some future point, and if needs be sacrifice 2020/21 fully, as opposed to simply make the current season null and void.

Edited by One Team In Keynsham
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I actually got hospitalised a few days after going to the QPR game, this was two weeks after the Christmas flu coughing finally stopped, initially i was diagnosed with a strangulated hernia but a ct scan revealed all the lymph nodes in my groin had become inflamed and the consultant told me that they obviously been working overtime to remove an infection. At the time of being hospitalised news about Covid 19 was only starting to appear so no connection was made but the more i think of it and remember the symptoms i had a Christmas such as wheezing that made me sound like a dog the more convinced i am it was around a lot earlier than people think 

To me that’s a positive thing because we could be hitting it’s peak a lot earlier than forecast and also a lot of people will have had it and now be immune which Is what the herd immunity thing is all about 

For real? I have a similar issue in my groin / hip region that's been lingering since January. The pain is quite deep in that region, not like a surface pain and thought it was possibly psoas or something. i've got a physio appointment Friday

That could be complete coincendance because I do a lot of weightlifting and running, so very possibly just a tight muscle...

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

For real? I have a similar issue in my groin / hip region that's been lingering since January. The pain is quite deep in that region, not like a surface pain and thought it was possibly psoas or something. i've got a physio appointment Friday

That could be complete coincendance because I do a lot of weightlifting and running, so very possibly just a tight muscle...

Yeah it was weird though as i was struggling to walk and stand but was able to cycle with no problems at all and i certainly don’t do any weightlifting 

I ended up spending three nights in the Royal London hospital being pumped with drugs i don’t remember which and it took another week of antibiotics before the lymph nodes starting returning to normal. 

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Could well be closed until September.

Good luck to people  Working fro......   staying at home looking after kids and trying to keep them in the house!  I don't envy any parents out there trying to to  entertain a kid who is getting bored in the house, especially if we end up in lockdown

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRL said:

Good luck to people  Working fro......   staying at home looking after kids and trying to keep them in the house!  I don't envy any parents out there trying to to  entertain a kid who is getting bored in the house, especially if we end up in lockdown

Think even our one will get bored of her screens eventually!  Going to be interesting times but we will see how it all pans out. Feel very sorry for those kids with exams due, must be a very stressful time for them and their parents especially. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRL said:

I don't think anyone will be under house arrest...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I don't think anyone will be under house arrest...

I wouldn't take anything off the table the way thing s are going, and at a quick rate.  There have already been 3 or 4 actions which a month ago wouldn'tever in a month of Sundays thought would ever happen!

They're finally stepping up testing capacity. Something that should've been done as priority one, but at least is happening now. Must've been reading my angry social media posts ;) 

Good news.

Businesses need more clarity and more grants/less loans if they are to keep paying staff as orders dry up. The other option is a surge in benefit claimants that will be unprecedented in history and likely be as unmanagable as if everyone got sick at once.

I read about efforts to develop a test to see those who HAD Covid-19 but are now recovered. Be interesting to test all of us here who had Covid style symptoms before the virus "arrived" in the UK and see whether it was about before early Feb. Also, if we knew we'd caught it  and recovered, we'd likely have a high degree of immunity and could be very valuable to society, taking on tasks that are currently being undertaken by those who have not caught the virus.

• Like 3
  • Flames 4