IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

3 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Johnson announced that we should be through this in 12 weeks.

His face when actually asked what that meant suggested he hadn't actually considered he would need actual facts to support his assertion.

Yep our poor run must end soon Lee.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

There’s some massively disturbing, wrong and misleading assumptions there. One in six people have some form of impairment or health condition and that includes one in two people over 80. That does not mean they are about to drop dead, or explain the number of intensive care admissions and most of their “questions” are not valid questions at all.

There is literally no basis for the assertion the health condition rather than the COVID-19 is the cause of death nor any qualification or criteria given for why the author feels more qualified to comment than the many doctors working on the frontline in China, Italy, the UK and other countries who have been very clear about the scale of the crisis.

To be honest, what that article really reads like is “don’t panic because it is only disabled people dying so it doesn’t matter”, which is deeply disturbing, especially as the author has no reason at all for believing they would have died without the virus.

Edited by LondonBristolian

One of the very few upsides of this, at least the numbskull in Government who said a couple of weeks ago that our agricultural sector was unimportant will be sacked. For some **** to come out with this, when we already import 60% of our foodstuffs, defies belief. With India keeping its antibiotics for its own population, won’t be soon ‘til we have food wars whether connected with this virus or the next global crisis.

Bloke who said it was probably the same pillock who said a few years ago we should get rid of CCTV because it was an infringement on civil liberties. Most convictions are now secured, in part, on CCTV imagery.

To think idiots like these are involved in governing this crisis! God help us. 

14 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Marcus. My condolences to you, Nans are precious are as all family, may she be at peace.

Agreed, Nans are very special, I've been married to one for 48yrs & I can't imagine what our 2 children, 5 grandchildren & myself would do without her. Our deepest condolences & thoughts go to Marcus & his family & he's correct in saying that football is of no importance when it comes to matters like this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bpexile said:

Agreed, Nans are very special, I've been married to one for 48yrs & I can't imagine what our 2 children, 5 grandchildren & myself would do without her. Our deepest condolences & thoughts go to Marcus & his family & he's correct in saying that football is of no importance when it comes to matters like this.

Thanks again, yourself and everyone else for the kind words. Hope everyone is staying safe.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Look I'm not really one of these conspiracy types of people. But I'm not sure I believe the chinese media and there numbers. I am concerned about the numbers in Spain and Italy will be repeated here. Hazard a guess to the numbers in 3/4 weeks? Deaths daily in the thousands? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

This pandemic will bring out both the best and the worse in human beings......

image.png.97e4674a8c7811da5e83499e464e47d6.png

I've found that taking something like Imodium works better, it's not as expensive and is less abrasive on the arse.

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Christ I'm bored of working from home; I feel like I've listened to every song on Apple Music. I wouldn't be surprised if I was listening to the old Bleep Test CD by Wednesday next week. 

Beep...........................Beep.................Beep..........Beep

30 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Christ I'm bored of working from home; I feel like I've listened to every song on Apple Music. I wouldn't be surprised if I was listening to the old Bleep Test CD by Wednesday next week. 

28 minutes ago, hodge said:

Beep...........................Beep.................Beep..........Beep

But,but,but - I posted live Penguin Cam!

Who doesn't love Penguins?

And the Leopards do move now and again...

• Haha 1