IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

One of many issues, that we’ve all got to untangle, sick, dependent parents et al but anyone know of recommendations for dealing with shared access children? 

Would love to say that my partner’s daughter could sort it amicably with her ex but I don’t think that’s going to happen! Assume they’ve got to go to one side or the other for a period. Makes sense. ...but common sense goes out the window between warring factions ..even as I say if this is potentially a matter of life and death! 

Partner’s daughter was going to complete on her new house purchase next week ...don’t think it’s going to happen! Shite timing. 

Just thinking ahead, if I die (and I hope I don't soon, but I do accept that mortality is running at 100%) and funeral numbers are limited in terms of the number of mourners you can have.

I think I might have the priest do to the admin and stuff, my folks if they are allowed out the house, the Doris and then there is one spot left.

I am blessed with a fantastic group of friends and family. But, all things considered, I might ask that my personal account manager attends in their place. I feel they really get me.

And the buffet at the wake can be a vouchered affair.

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Trades are supposed to stop, unless it’s essential work, simple as.

During that time the government will cover 80% of wages for employers to help prevent redundancies.

Nope, trades including builders can carry on because they cannot work from home. They just have to observe "The 2m rule" .

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

So no trades?

Guidance on gov.uk says:

Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.

Which suggests a lot of trade can continue...

But there’s only two pages of guidance ATM, which suggests they haven’t worked out all the detail.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Nope, trades including builders can carry on because they cannot work from home. They just have to observe "The 2m rule" .

You sure mate? I really hope you are as it means I can still get some income while all this shit is happening. Do we know for certain that you can still go to work if you are unable to work from home.

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Trades are supposed to stop, unless it’s essential work, simple as.

During that time the government will cover 80% of wages for employers to help prevent redundancies.

The job retention scheme is only for businesses with employees, most people on sites are self employed I'd have thought?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

You sure mate? I really hope you are as it means I can still get some income while all this shit is happening. Do we know for certain that you can still go to work if you are unable to work from home.

Yep, read the guidance in post above yours. 

The Government advice specifically says construction sites can continue too.

Edited by Kid in the Riot

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Merchants will be closed though won't they ?

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

But how are they supposed to observe the 2m rule. That’s virtually impossible to do surely???

Difficult, I agree, and I expect a lot of workers/businesses will make individual judgement calls.  A lot of the big housebuilders have already shut all sites down but your small, local building firms and other self-employed tradespeople may be able to carry on.

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Decent point. Has to be an announcement concerning the self employed soon surely. 

Hopefully tomorrow.

It would have helped if an announcement re self employed was made before a lock down announcement.

6 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Does leaving the house for triathlon training count as one form of exercise a day?  Marathon run?  Big cycle ride?

Fairly sure it won't/can't be monitored. They've suggested 1 as in other countries people were using the exercise reason as an excuse to go out, and ended up banning that too. 

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Fingers crossed m8.

Indeed, but they have to come up with summat very quickly as people won't give up working as long as customers are comfortable with it - no work, no money, unlike salaried employees.

Thats why they should have had the self employed sorted before announcing a lock down.

• Like 3