IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Provided its not food from a supermarket. Whether vulnerable or not can't get a delivery for love nor money. 

We have a regular Sunday slot for delivery with the same stuff being delivered with a few extras every other Sunday.

My Mrs. just logged in to try to change some of the stuff and now in a queue for 4 hours.

If you're not a regular user I can imagine it being almost impossible to get a home delivery for food and basics.

However, if we donate a fiver with the order the company (Ocado) will match it and distribute packaged food to the vulnerable - I don't know how so its a leap of faith but worth doing.

3 hours ago, winterbournered said:

Bit of advice please fellow reds, 

I really don’t want to be in work and I would classify mine as non-essential.

Unfortunately my employer doesn’t see it the same and is asking us to continue working, we are all PAYE so he/wewould be entitled to the 80% wage help if we were sent home or at least I think he is. 

My question is, do I need him to send us home before we are entitled to it? 
The way I see it is unless we’re sent home we can’t claim it. 

Hope you’re all well, stay safe! 

I don't think the 'essential / non essential' phrase was actually used in relation to the workplace Winterbourne. Didn't Boris say travel to work was currently allowed unless you can work from home? All very ambiguous but I'm pretty sure we'll be in total lockdown very soon anyway.

My employer has just issued us all with a 'key worker' document, countersigned by some NHS bigwig so we can keep working. If the NHS are issuing these now, I would imagine they know something we don't and full lockdown is close. 

As for the 80% thing, I would guess it's down to the employer to pay employees 80% and then apply for recompense from the government but that's purely a guess. 

Stay safe everyone. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

So seemingly we as construction workers and our families are immune to Covid-19 then? An absolute disgrace that construction sites are still open. ******* shut them and give us our 80% wage like every other person! Ive payed enough into the system to deserve that!!!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

We have a regular Sunday slot for delivery with the same stuff being delivered with a few extras every other Sunday.

My Mrs. just logged in to try to change some of the stuff and now in a queue for 4 hours.

If you're not a regular user I can imagine it being almost impossible to get a home delivery for food and basics.

However, if we donate a fiver with the order the company (Ocado) will match it and distribute packaged food to the vulnerable - I don't know how so its a leap of faith but worth doing.

I am a regular online shopper with Morrisons (who are supplied bo Ocado) and Sainsburys. However neither has logged me as a vulnerable customer and its proved impossible to contact them by email or phone to argue the point. 

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Same as freelance graphic designers. Most companies won’t hire you unless you are a limited company or are registered with an umbrella company, who sort out your NI and tax. I’m registered self employed with HMRC so can do self assessment but am employed by Parasol, the umbrella company, even though I don’t have any work at the moment. 

Don't you have any rainy day money working for that lot? 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I am a regular online shopper with Morrisons (who are supplied bo Ocado) and Sainsburys. However neither has logged me as a vulnerable customer and its proved impossible to contact them by email or phone to argue the point. 

I have the same issue with Sainsbury's and Waitrose.  I am in the extremely vulnerable group who are required to stay at home.  I wrote to Liam Fox my MP to ask what I was supposed to do about it.  He recommended that I go out shopping.

What a tosser.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Ocado are totally overwhelmed by demand but you'd think they would have a separate line or link for vulnerable customers.

My Mrs. has 28,000 in front of her in the queue at the moment - 4 hour wait.

Just hope the internet connection stays up or she'll lose her place, its been going down a couple of times a day and she's been trying for a couple of days to change the order.

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

I have the same issue with Sainsbury's and Waitrose.  I am in the extremely vulnerable group who are required to stay at home.  I wrote to Liam Fox my MP to ask what I was supposed to do about it.  He recommended that I go out shopping.

What a tosser.

My Mrs works as a carer in a home for brain injured adults. They have a delivery from Asda 3 times a week. Due to limiting of certain items, Asda have told the home they need to bring the residents to the store to justify the large orders. when told that cannot happen as they are mostly in wheelchairs or unable to be moved, Asdas answer was 'tough'. Bloody appalling. I believe the store Manager was ripped a new one.

The other issue is that people who normally shop themselves are pre booking delivery slots meaning those that NEED to use those slots cannot get them. 

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

More a Maria Whittaker fan (saw her once at Alton Towers, tiny thing, well, not all over)

Has she got CV19 as well? ?

2 hours ago, Delta said:

Making out that people are going around pocketing thousands of pounds cash in hand.  It just doesn't happen.  Who would pay in this way?

You might get a plumber who calls out and changes a washer on a tap or an electrician who comes out to repair a light - These things, people may well just pay cash for.  It might save them £20.  However, if you have an extension built, you're hardly likely to have £40K sitting around the house, nor would you want to pay cash.  You would want evidence of transactions so that if there is any dispute, you can show what you've paid.

I think you are being naive if you think people pocket thousands of pounds in this way - Most would be traceable anyway.

In any case, I don't think self employed are asking for their entire income to be paid, just some kind of support.  I watch the news and I see people going to building sites, not because they want to but because they have no choice.  How can it be fair or reasonable for one builder to get 80% of his wages paid but his workmate (who does exactly the same job) get nothing just because they are employed differently?  To be, it just demonstrates the abuse of workers that goes on and everyone is happy for it to do so when it suits them.

With respect, you are the one being a little naive. And yes, people paying for extensions in tens of thousands of cash still happens. In fact buying properties in cash also still happens.

In my experience the majority of tradespeople such as plumbers, electricians, carpenters etc will either except cash if offered to them or will suggest cash to bring down the price of a job. We all know it goes on and sorry if it tars them all with the same brush but that's just the way it is, let's not pretend otherwise. 

As the posters above have pointed out, you are perfectly within your rights to turn down any offers of cash, or set up a ltd company and do it all properly (not that that stops people employed or companies or through companies they own accepting cash.

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

My Mrs works as a carer in a home for brain injured adults. They have a delivery from Asda 3 times a week. Due to limiting of certain items, Asda have told the home they need to bring the residents to the store to justify the large orders. when told that cannot happen as they are mostly in wheelchairs or unable to be moved, Asdas answer was 'tough'. Bloody appalling. I believe the store Manager was ripped a new one.

The other issue is that people who normally shop themselves are pre booking delivery slots meaning those that NEED to use those slots cannot get them. 

Has she got CV19 as well? ?

That is very poor by Asda, if they have had a regular order for a long period of time surely they should take that into consideration. 

Great point about home delivery slots. I’ve no experience of home shopping but get the feeling from chatting with neighbours that it’s a bit of an elite thing, ‘too posh to shop’ in normal times. Many both work and have deliveries as they can’t to arsed to shop, even though they have time and vehicles. They want it delivered to them and even moan about having to put it away!

No doubt these people who are now both home as their jobs are non vital, or they could even be laid off, are still putting in their orders. If only they would see sense and leave the slots for people who don’t have any choice but to use them. 

My experience of observing people over the past few weeks hasn’t been very positive I’m afraid. Greedy, lazy, abusive and selfish. Makes me sad, it’s not only this virus that has attacked society.

• Like 1

For all the times I read the news and chalk up another reason why I have given up on people, I then read stories like this and see that maybe I shouldn't be so cynical all the time. There are many, many good people out there, and if you're doing some volunteering through the mainstream NHS app, or with another organisation, or something off your own back like @And Its Smith, then fair play to you. And, for what's it's worth, you have my thanks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/astonishing-170000-people-sign-up-to-be-nhs-volunteers-in-15-hours-coronavirus

Edited by One Team In Keynsham
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

That is very poor by Asda, if they have had a regular order for a long period of time surely they should take that into consideration. 

Great point about home delivery slots. I’ve no experience of home shopping but get the feeling from chatting with neighbours that it’s a bit of an elite thing, ‘too posh to shop’ in normal times. Many both work and have deliveries as they can’t to arsed to shop, even though they have time and vehicles. They want it delivered to them and even moan about having to put it away!

No doubt these people who are now both home as their jobs are non vital, or they could even be laid off, are still putting in their orders. If only they would see sense and leave the slots for people who don’t have any choice but to use them. 

My experience of observing people over the past few weeks hasn’t been very positive I’m afraid. Greedy, lazy, abusive and selfish. Makes me sad, it’s not only this virus that has attacked society.

To be fair to the store manager, he went beserk when he was approached and sorted it very quickly but, as you say, those that rely on deliveries cannot guarantee them due to people that don't normally use that service being extremely selfish.

It's about time the people of the UK started growing a pair IMHO and start thinking about others.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

For all the times I read the news and chalk up another reason why I have given up on people, I then read stories like this and see that maybe I shouldn't be so cynical all the time. There are many, many good people out there, and if you're doing some volunteering through the mainstream NHS app, or with another organisation, or something off your own back like @And Its Smith, then fair play to you. And, for what's it's worth, you have my thanks.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/astonishing-170000-people-sign-up-to-be-nhs-volunteers-in-15-hours-coronavirus

That’s a great point. There have been some lovely people and great acts of kindness shown.

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair to the store manager, he went beserk when he was approached and sorted it very quickly but, as you say, those that rely on deliveries cannot guarantee them due to people that don't normally use that service being extremely selfish.

It's about time the people of the UK started growing a pair IMHO and start thinking about others.

The trouble is, until they remove compliance as an option people will continue to take the piss

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

The trouble is, until they remove compliance as an option people will continue to take the piss

Spot on mate. I notice the police have been given powers to stop and fine now. £30 isn't going to stop people though, sadly. 

I cannot believe some pubs are still opening, utter madness! 

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Spot on mate. I notice the police have been given powers to stop and fine now. £30 isn't going to stop people though, sadly. 

They'll lose their licence. end of. Then not get it back after all this is over.

I doubt the lockdown takings will cover the cost of losing their livelihood.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Really ! In Bristol ?

That is mental, absolutely nuts wherever it is.