IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@lager loud Mezze Downend stopping all food (takeaway and delivery).  That’s this Friday or Saturday stuffed (no pun). ☹️

My guess is that many restaurants who thought they could do a takeaway service didn’t fully understand the concept of the government salary replacement scheme. 
I think many simply thought that they could just carry on as normal, get staff to come in and prepare the meals, and claim the 80% salary from the government. 

Many misunderstood this, I believe. You can only claim the replacement salary for staff who don’t work. If you have staff in the restaurant cooking food, then you have to pay them yourself. 

I know a couple of proprietors who misunderstood and thought they could claim the money even for staff they had continue working. 

Edited by Harry

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

My guess is that many restaurants who thought they could do a takeaway service didn’t fully understand the concept of the government salary replacement scheme. 
I think many simply thought that they could just carry on as normal, get staff to come in and prepare the meals, and claim the 80% salary from the government. 

Many misunderstood this, I believe. You can only claim the replacement salary for staff who don’t work. If you have staff in the restaurant cooking food, then you have to pay them yourself. 

I know a couple of proprietors who misunderstood and thought they could claim the money even for staff they had continue working. 

Spot on

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

in tonight’s edition of Takeaway Watch, on my walk tonight I can confirm The Golden Orient on East Dundry Lane and Whitchurch Grill Belland Drive are trading ?

Ooooh is the Whitchurch Grill the old Jarmans chippy?  @SuperDziek what was the place up East Dundry Rd called back in the day?!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

With respect, you are the one being a little naive. And yes, people paying for extensions in tens of thousands of cash still happens. In fact buying properties in cash also still happens.

In my experience the majority of tradespeople such as plumbers, electricians, carpenters etc will either except cash if offered to them or will suggest cash to bring down the price of a job. We all know it goes on and sorry if it tars them all with the same brush but that's just the way it is, let's not pretend otherwise. 

As the posters above have pointed out, you are perfectly within your rights to turn down any offers of cash, or set up a ltd company and do it all properly (not that that stops people employed or companies or through companies they own accepting cash.

In my experience cash is usually offered by customer because they do not want to pay v.a.t.and often after work is completed.

4 hours ago, pillred said:

Well if that's the case some difficult questions are going to have to be asked because there is no way normal life can be put on hold that long, what the solution is I have no idea but one will have to be found that may include some kind of compromise such as once you have had it you get an exemption certificate from a doctor from all the restrictions currently in place or something like that.

Assuming Doctors and scientists can be 100% certain that once you've had it you cant get it again.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

A 21 year old with no underlying health concerns has died after contracting the virus 

Unfortunately viruses don’t tend to discriminate between age, yes older people may be more likely to get it but it certainly and unfortunately doesn’t mean the young aren’t  vulnerable. Maybe this, and the death of the 37 year old British diplomat in Budapest,  will be the wake up call for some of the under 40s who think they are invincible.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

No, I get that don’t get me wrong. 

I didn't get what you posted wrong I just wanted the invincibles to realise they maybe not. In normal life if we can remember back then kids dropped dead playing sport from conditions  they and their parents/guardians didn't know they had.