IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You beat me to it @Shaun Taylor

Thought a bit better of Liverpool tbh, thought they might not do this.

Bit of a Tottenham type move though not quite as stark...

Got it up in front of me.

Last two seasons, going from 2017/18 and 2018/19 in that order:

POST Tax Profit- £106,006,000 and £33,392,000 respectively.

Tottenham's is similar but worse.

Or if we want to go to the Liverpool Holding/Parent Company route, the profit falls- but not by much!

POST Tax Profit- £100,721,000 and £29,059,000 respectively.

Yet, they're furloughing non playing staff.

Us tax payers will end up paying for the super rich clubs when the younger could easily cover their own cost!

2 hours ago, Delta said:

You couldn’t be more wrong.

cancelling obviously guarantees staying up.  However, we have a game in hand over all our rivals. Furthermore, we have 6 games out of the remaining 10 at home. Some of those rivals only have 4 home games left.  Finally, our key midfielder will be fit enough to return from injury. Our slide started when he came out of the team.

we have no chance of doing a Sunderland and if we go down, we’d have over £100m to spend on players without even touching the parachute money.

you lot are miles off the likes of Fulham, forest and Brentford. You’ve no chance of promotion.

That's a quick reversal of fortune £100 million without touching the parachute payments, only 2 years ago you missed paying HMRC and were threatened with administration so where has all this money suddenly come from, reading between the lines without those parachute payments you would be effed and even with them nearly all your better players will be like  rats leaving a sinking ship, what makes you so confident you would avoid doing a Sunderland? I would say it was a distinct possibility there is also the slight problem of ffp to contend with.

6 hours ago, Delta said:

We are not your rivals.

Just because we took Kodjia off you doesn't mean there is a rivalry, other than in your bitter heads.

You just worry your pretty heads over Bristol Rovers and Bath City and leave the big boys to contest big boy rivalries.

Hahaha why are you still posting on our forum then you silly ***?!

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

That's a quick reversal of fortune £100 million without touching the parachute payments, only 2 years ago you missed paying HMRC and were threatened with administration so where has all this money suddenly come from, reading between the lines without those parachute payments you would be effed and even with them nearly all your better players will be like  rats leaving a sinking ship, what makes you so confident you would avoid doing a Sunderland? I would say it was a distinct possibility there is also the slight problem of ffp to contend with.

You answered your own question.

How much do you think we would get for our best players?  £100m plus for the top 3.

Why didn’t Fulham “do a Sunderland “?

We wouldn’t have ffp to contend with as the majority of that £100m plus would be pure profit.

13 minutes ago, Delta said:

You answered your own question.

How much do you think we would get for our best players?  £100m plus for the top 3.

Why didn’t Fulham “do a Sunderland “?

We wouldn’t have ffp to contend with as the majority of that £100m plus would be pure profit.

One other aspect to consider is that the big loss was despite £50m in a combination of sale and leaseback and HS2 revenue.

I won't debate FFP much beyond the FFP thread but a big loss would be quite possible- and if FFP regs aren't relaxed you will have less leeway than you would have otherwise.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Poor from Liverpool tbh. Especially after what Jordan Henderson is doing.

Obviously won't be spending 50 -100 million on a player anytime soon, seeing as they need Government help to pay staff.  Hope the season gets cancelled now, they deserve **** all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One other aspect to consider is that the big loss was despite £50m in a combination of sale and leaseback and HS2 revenue.

I won't debate FFP much beyond the FFP thread but a big loss would be quite possible- and if FFP regs aren't relaxed you will have less leeway than you would have otherwise.

As I stated on the ffp thread, the first 2 seasons would be okay.  That’s based on ffp alone.  With another £100m profit from sales, we would probably be okay into the third year.

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Liverpool FC now furloughing staff. Topping up the 20% of wages to ensure people arent left short.

Thats nice of them!

(£42m profit and £533m turnover last year)

Until this I felt it was only fair and necessary to ensure Liverpool were able to finish their season and win the title. Now, sod it - cancel the season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Delta said:

We are not your rivals.

Just because we took Kodjia off you doesn't mean there is a rivalry, other than in your bitter heads.

You just worry your pretty heads over Bristol Rovers and Bath City and leave the big boys to contest big boy rivalries.

Haven't read any further on in this thread but imagine you have all the bites you require.

The only thing that springs to mind is why? Oh what joy you must have you piss taking supremo.

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why are Bristol City football club living rent free inside your massive balloon head you embarrassing mess? 

I think you are flattering your team a tad.

I have no interest in Bristol City - I know nothing about them other than Baker & Weiman play for you as well as some bloke you call Fam.

Aston Villa live rent free on this forum so I comment (down to the fact that Aston Villa is my favourite subject).

9 hours ago, Delta said:

We are not your rivals.

Delta you sound like the kind of man who could start an argument in an empty room - I'd suggest trotting off and focussing on your "big boy rivalries"

Staggered as to why you're even quoting Fordy - stating that Villa would like the season cancelled is pretty obvious, nothing to do with being "rivals"

God I wish the pubs would open again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Delta said:

I think you are flattering your team a tad.

I have no interest in Bristol City - I know nothing about them other than Baker & Weiman play for you as well as some bloke you call Fam.

Aston Villa live rent free on this forum so I comment (down to the fact that Aston Villa is my favourite subject).

“I have no interest in Bristol City” says villa fan posting on the Bristol City forum

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Delta said:

I love the sterotypes I read on here.  Nobody goes around living off 82 and they never have.  Likewise, Leeds - I never see them harping on about being a massive club either (although they are too big for the Championship.

As for being a yo-yo club. We've been relegated once since the PL started and that was due to an owner taking what money out of the club that he could.

You think just because you have a new little ground that it's any good?  Ask supporters across the land their favourite stadium.  Villa Park will be right up there whereas I doubt most will even know where Ashton Gate is.

No, they aren't.

No club is too big or too small for any division.

Only a moron would suggest otherwise. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

No, they aren't.

No club is too big or too small for any division.

Only a moron would suggest otherwise. 

"Moron"?

As if anyone can forget your moronic, bitter anti-Kodjia posts on Villa Talk. ?

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Still here?

No - It's a figment of your imagination.

14 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Liverpool FC now furloughing staff. Topping up the 20% of wages to ensure people arent left short.

Thats nice of them!

(£42m profit and £533m turnover last year)

Are we doing exactly the same thing furlonging staff at Ashton gate whilst the all owner by a billionaire owner who lives in a tax haven?

not sure we should be throwing any stones whilst Lansdown is going to the government to pay his staff wages

• Like 4