IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

6 hours ago, Hunsupport said:

It was the first home game for Ferencváros last night, they managed it as excepted pretty well with the previously attached cardboard figures. And everyone seemed to be disciplined there, so that is a big thank you for the fans.19d8ff1385bd1e0ef098989813eb8e0c8e3700fff8f2e68f7ed6c37e76141f46.jpg

What a load of rubbish with the cardboard cut outs....how on Earth does that improve the atmosphere? Madness.

12 minutes ago, Blackbird1 said:

What a load of rubbish with the cardboard cut outs....how on Earth does that improve the atmosphere? Madness.

Well its very far from ideal but now when they got the permission to let us in (limited numbers of course) it was much easier to re-arrange the plastic dolls, hence point out which seats can be taken.

And also with all the effetcs from the crowd it actually had a good vibe even when we weren't allowed to get in the stadium.

22 minutes ago, hodge said:

So either their first game is postponed or someone else has to lead training/be in charge first game now, precedent about to be set for this situation

Just let the assistant deal with it. O'Neil can still link kn remotely. It's not great but workable.

100 people per entrance over half an hr with 1 minute time slots 3 per minute. 1 in 4 seats masks . beer and pies brought to your seats in a relaxation of alcohol rules . only two to move if you need ..... round of applause for every lucky pee!

lets face it only a hundred people sing anyway. only superfans need apply .Im In!! ..reckon would be a great atmosphere plus revenue of 100 ooo per game not to be sniffed at would pay for matchday staff... Thoughts ????

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Leaving would be the issue. 5000 people is 10km in queues with 2m social distancing. With only 4 exits from the stadium grounds it's not doable with social distancing in place sadly. 

there must be at least 20 entrance exits at the gate surely and more could be temporarily added. if everyone sticks to their  allocated time slots there would not be a queue of more than ten people at each entrance . once out of the ground there is loads of space . first in first out last in last out everyone waits 30mz in total

Edited by the frampton balti
exta info

• Admin
1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

Leaving would be the issue. 5000 people is 10km in queues with 2m social distancing. With only 4 exits from the stadium grounds it's not doable with social distancing in place sadly. 

Genuine question, I don't know the answer

How are the grounds around Europe that are letting people into the grounds already?

Maybe etiquette comes into play and an aisle at a time are ushered to leave?

We have fire exits etc that can be opened to make the movement easier

33 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Going to AG is over. 

Why do you say that?

It is already happening at other grounds in Europe - things are moving VERY fast now

--------------------------------------------------------

It was mentioned last week about having segregation in the grounds,

So why not implement something like the below? (based on a 3pm kick off)

Admission and straight to YOUR SEAT between 1:30pm and 1:50pm - Back 20 rows  - Last to exit - Costs £10

Admission and straight to YOUR SEAT between 2:00pm and 2:20pm - Middle 20 rows  - Second group to exit - Costs £15

Admission and straight to YOUR SEAT between 2:30pm and 2:50pm - Front 20 rows  -  First to exit - Costs £20

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Can't see that particular bit happening! I can do it at the Rugby, but not at the Football. It's a fkcuing farce! 

Legacy of those who insist football was better when before, during and after matches, the aim was to try and hospitalise as many opposition supporters as possible.

Surprised no one has written any books about the exploits of people who did this back in the 70s, 80s and early 90s.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, phantom said:

How are the grounds around Europe that are letting people into the grounds already?

Why do you say that?

It is already happening at other grounds in Europe - things are moving VERY fast now

Admission and straight to YOUR SEAT between 1:30pm and 1:50pm - Back 20 rows  - Last to exit - Costs £10

Admission and straight to YOUR SEAT between 2:00pm and 2:20pm - Middle 20 rows  - Second group to exit - Costs £15

Admission and straight to YOUR SEAT between 2:30pm and 2:50pm - Front 20 rows  -  First to exit - Costs £20

Which leagues are letting in fans? I'd wager it's probably countries which haven't been so tight with their restrictions, or have large crowds to deal with, perhaps.  Even Belarus stopped crowds in the end, I believe.

27 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Which leagues are letting in fans? I'd wager it's probably countries which haven't been so tight with their restrictions, or have large crowds to deal with, perhaps.  Even Belarus stopped crowds in the end, I believe.

Italy are hoping to allow fans in their grounds before they finish their season.
Spain are looking at it as well. This has caught Real out as they’ve decided to play their remaining games at their mini stadium as they are redeveloping the Bernabéu. 

Obviously neither will be opening at full capacity but I think they are working at around 30%.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Italy are hoping to allow fans in their grounds before they finish their season.
Spain are looking at it as well. This has caught Real out as they’ve decided to play their remaining games at their mini stadium as they are redeveloping the Bernabéu. 

Obviously neither will be opening at full capacity but I think they are working at around 30%.

Yeah, heard the plan around Spain and Italy, but not sure about any leagues with fans currently in attendance.

7 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Do most on here now believe, along with me, that we will be back in the ground for the start of next season? Think it is significant that they have said they want everyone back in school by the start of the new school year so that would coincide with next season starting. All makes sense to me.

Children have to go to school, we don’t have to go to football. 

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

Children have to go to school, we don’t have to go to football. 

I think the Club's, especially L1&2 and lower, might disagree with you there. I'm sure when the 1M rule is brought in (which could be very soon) then Clubs can begin to plan for the return of fans. 

Edited by OldlandReddies

23 hours ago, phantom said:

Why do you say that?

All good points. I think for clubs like ourselves with season ticket holders of 10000+ then, if we are still social distancing by September (which I doubt) , it'll be season ticket holders allowed in and no away fans. Clubs in Prem would have to have a rota basis  maybe ? Whatever is decided I'm sure it can be done safely. It has to in fairness to keep clubs in business. 

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

All good points. I think for clubs like ourselves with season ticket holders of 10000+ then, if we are still social distancing by September (which I doubt) , it'll be season ticket holders allowed in and no away fans. Clubs in Prem would have to have a rota basis  maybe ? Whatever is decided I'm sure it can be done safely. It has to in fairness to keep clubs in business. 

From what I've seen its a base idea of 25% capacity in September, so ~6750, which would be what half our season ticket holders per game? A real problem is this then only entitles ST holders to half the games for as long as this would last, so more refunds (or limited income by comparison to normal) for the clubs to have to deal with, its still a lack of match day revenue without non ST holders buying tickets and concessions, are they having to pay normal amounts with perhaps a quarter of the income as normal? Its still a mess given they'd need to pay for stewarding etc on top of this probably more in a role of making sure social distancing is followed.