IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

More or less has been more reliable than the news for years with its straight, unbiased look at stats. It’s coverage on Covid has been excellent, but today’s ‘wrap up’ episode is great if you want to understand how we got it so wrong.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/more-or-less-behind-the-stats/id267300884#episodeGuid=urn%3Abbc%3Apodcast%3Ap08jh9j7

• Like 1

So with the government saying that they would be looking to open up stadiums to around a third of capacity from October, that’s roughly 8,600 allowed into AG. 
There are likely going to be other rules around concourse size and family groups being allowed to sit together but on a basic level that’s what we are going to have to work with. 
I wonder if the amount of season tickets sold pre lockdown means we can accommodate all current season ticket applicants/holders, with some sort of buy back scheme for those who can’t attend/ don’t want to attend certain games? Or if we have already sold into double figures and someone is going to miss out. Lots of thinking for the club on this one. Let’s hope they make the right decisions with a nice early (well thought out) decision/communication. 

12 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I don’t envy the person making the decision about who comes in if the numbers are over that value! 

I think alot of people would make the decision themselves to not take the risk so might save them a problem

Edited by GTFABM
  • Like 1

If the restrictions are lifted enough to allow socially distancing within AG I guess SC holders Would get first priority.

I wouldn’t mind simply having two empty seats either side.The row above maybe three rows further up and the row below three rows apart.

It could certainly be done with the right planning in place.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If the restrictions are lifted enough to allow socially distancing within AG I guess SC holders Would get first priority.

I wouldn’t mind simply having two empty seats either side.The row above maybe three rows further up and the row below three rows apart.

It could certainly be done with the right planning in place.

Many season ticket holders are in a ‘bubble’ ie live in the same house so the club should be able to account for that in any social distancing as you could have groups of 6 sitting together before there needs to be a spare seats

2 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Many season ticket holders are in a ‘bubble’ ie live in the same house so the club should be able to account for that in any social distancing as you could have groups of 6 sitting together before there needs to be a spare seats

That’s true and accommodating that type of season card holders along with all the others will take quite some planning. It’s a logistical nightmare.

• Like 1

I think there will be enough demand for tickets that if anyone can’t go their ticket will be able to be sold back to the club to be subsequently sold on. It’s a bit of a different situation to the end of this season where nobody could go and the club would lose out on money. 

I mean that’s the most sensible option, whether the club will go for that....

40 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Then you have to consider who sits around them, presumably people couldn’t sit directly in front of behind? Or maybe they could as not face to face.

That isn’t even the biggest obstacle IMO it’s the concourse, the queues, the outlets and the toilets. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, James54De said:

In that case were likely going to be able to see 2/3s of the games each, on rotation. Think we’d sold around 12,000. 

A few friends are West Ham season ticket holders, they have been advised by their fan group that the initial matches will be done this way

Group A watch games 1,3,5,7 etc

Group B watch games 2,4,6,8

Seem's the easiest way in the short term. I wonder if the club will actually ask who wants to attend and offer refungs to those that don't want to attend.

I am sure there are still many people that won't feel comfortable returning yet

• Like 1

I sit with 7 others and have done for many years. Having a laugh and chat is the main thing that makes it worth going. Certainly in the last few seasons the actual football on display has not been the main reason!

Obviously that is going to not be possible for the foreseeable, which will greatly affect the match day experience. Will wait to see what the proposals are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That’s true and accommodating that type of season card holders along with all the others will take quite some planning. It’s a logistical nightmare.

Surely it's easier than that. My wife and I both have season tickets, so if she doesn't come I can go to all the games?

3 hours ago, Dredd said:

So with the government saying that they would be looking to open up stadiums to around a third of capacity from October, that’s roughly 8,600 allowed into AG. 
There are likely going to be other rules around concourse size and family groups being allowed to sit together but on a basic level that’s what we are going to have to work with. 
I wonder if the amount of season tickets sold pre lockdown means we can accommodate all current season ticket applicants/holders, with some sort of buy back scheme for those who can’t attend/ don’t want to attend certain games? Or if we have already sold into double figures and someone is going to miss out. Lots of thinking for the club on this one. Let’s hope they make the right decisions with a nice early (well thought out) decision/communication. 

Club in a no win situation. However they decide to allocate the limited capacity there will be plenty who moan as it does suit them.

Its a crap situation so just accept you're probably not going to get exactly what you want.

• Like 1