IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

With the projected numbers it would clearly have to be ST holders that the selection was made from, but how they choose beyond that, apart from asking the question (as here) whether some want to opt out, I have no idea.

Certainly anyone with a pre existing health condition might be wise not to do so at the outset.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As noted in the return of fans thread, from this weekend EFL clubs will be able (if selected) to have up to 1000 fans attend on a test basis. 

Assuming this holds for the following weekend, and there are no improvements in the current COVID trajectory, would you attend?

Split STH/Non STH as I’d imagine the first group will get priority

But you can't have more than 6 people in your home ?  

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

With the projected numbers it would clearly have to be ST holders that the selection was made from, but how they choose beyond that, apart from asking the question (as here) whether some want to opt out, I have no idea.

Certainly anyone with a pre existing health condition might be wise not to do so at the outset.

I’d agree on the pre existing conditions piece. May even suggest that’s something clubs will be asked to enforce (maybe fans when applying do a self declaration)

I think all the club can do is ask for expressions of interest (including on a family basis to avoid an 8 year old getting a ticket with no adult!) and then randomly select. Polls showing about 50/50 at present

8 minutes ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

Not prepared to travel from essex halfway round the country rather my seat went to a local person i speak as a season ticket holder not fair bringing myself from one area to another as mych as i love following city 

Same here mate. I don`t want to travel up from West Devon on my own (the chances of all of our group being selected being minimal) so would rather someone closer got the gig.

• Like 1

Would definitely go, voted as non STH as had not bought one, but would have bought it by the start of the season if things had been "normal".  I am pretty confident I could negotiate my way to ground and around it, probably safer than going to Tesco the pub etc. I am mid 60s, not the thinnest or fittest chap in the world, but I would love to go.  Only trouble is I will be on holiday in Turkey for the SW game.  I also totally appreciate that many people would not fancy going for reasons given.

Edited by New Dazzler

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I would guess it’s more about the countries trajectory. Luckily, nobody can get a test so numbers of positive cases should remain low...

On a more serious note, I think Germany got 10,000 at a game yesterday (the one where a player threatened the crowd) and Ligue 1 has been running at 5,000 with a greater number of cases than us (similar trajectory). I’d guess that’s what they’re aiming for.

Holland also had crowds, a game I saw on tv yesterday had a quarter allowed to watch, 6k in a 24k capacity stadium. I can’t remember the home team, but they were playing PSV. 

2 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Most of the country could be classed as key workers according to the government documentation on it. 

This is true. The company I work for are NHS suppliers and support and we are classed as key workers, we even have paper work and passes stating this.

I would prefer if anyone in the NHS rather than their enormous external supply chain had first refusal.

• Like 4

As a key worker (I speak for myself not others.. but just for context) I think I'd rather have the elderly, disabled and people made unemployed by COVID prioritised. A lot of them have had all their social activities removed by the lock down and loneliness and depression etc can be a massive killer. Getting those people into the outdoors, around other people (safely distanced) and into an activity they can enjoy themselves in (well its city) would be my preference.  Maybe I've been endangered more by having to work during this period, but losing my job and having no social contact would be worse for me. So I'd like those vulnerable folks prioritised first over myself.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1