IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

23 hours ago, daored said:

I understand domestic leagues continually , but I struggle to understand why international football is being played next weekend and European football this week. Surely this needs looking at ?

Surely they have enough private testing done, that it's not an issue. 

23 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

FA Cup Round 1 is interesting as there are something like 9 clubs, at least, who shouldn’t be playing (could end up being a lot more dependent on the status of the National League). Presumably they will get an exemption to train for and play cup games.

Well, the precedent has been set that if you can't field a team due to Covid then you forfeit the game! Would be extremely unfair, also a real shame for those teams getting to the first round with no fans. I know from watching and playing that level that you could have 10x your average gate for a one of game like that at home, even more away. For some clubs an FA Cup run could keep you going financially for a year

1 hour ago, daored said:

I understand the private testing , just seems a strange time to be considering playing international/ European football with the country going into a lockdown. 

I would have thought that with numbers climbing in many places, International/European football would be suspended until a later date.

It's one thing travelling domestically, but going to other countries is how this thing spread so quick in the first place.

6 minutes ago, City oz said:

Lets hope the four weeks get us a new head coach 

What sort of Cloud Cuckoo Land are you living in to even contemplate the fact that Steve Lansdown will back down on his choice of head coach at this stage?

Furthermore, would you back him, Ashton and Junior to come up with anything better than Dean Holden? I wouldn't put a penny farthing on it.........

"Guys, what's the problem? I know Nigel Pearson was really interested in coming here but his interview was abysmal, he wanted proper money to spend on players plus he wanted to offload players who I am really fond of. Look, Darrell has a track record of getting teams promoted, knows the area very well, has promised that he will try his bestest every single day and will fight his like a dog to get this club in the Premier League. He's also a decent human being although when he's had a few his standards do slip slightly but we can live with that.".....

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Super said:

You might be disappointed.

Hey super we all want the best in regards to DH succeeding but he hasn’t got the experience of taking us up another level. I still cant get over why he was appointed 4/5 months back when it was common knowledge there were others that were interested in the roll and had experience in higher levels of football management. We had a good start to this season and recent games have proven unfortunately we have not progressed in what is probably one of the toughest leagues in Europe to get promotion from.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What sort of Cloud Cuckoo Land are you living in to even contemplate the fact that Steve Lansdown will back down on his choice of head coach at this stage?

Furthermore, would you back him, Ashton and Junior to come up with anything better than Dean Holden? I wouldn't put a penny farthing on it.........

"Guys, what's the problem? I know Nigel Pearson was really interested in coming here but his interview was abysmal, he wanted proper money to spend on players plus he wanted to offload players who I am really fond of. Look, Darrell has a track record of getting teams promoted, knows the area very well, has promised that he will try his bestest every single day and will fight his like a dog to get this club in the Premier League. He's also a decent human being although when he's had a few his standards do slip slightly but we can live with that.".....

Better applicants were brushed aside and the next few months will show the bad decision.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, City oz said:

Hey super we all want the best in regards to DH succeeding but he hasn’t got the experience of taking us up another level. I still cant get over why he was appointed 4/5 months back when it was common knowledge there were others that were interested in the roll and had experience in higher levels of football management. We had a good start to this season and recent games have proven unfortunately we have not progressed in what is probably one of the toughest leagues in Europe to get promotion from.

If it helps 

I don’t think Chris Hughton , (if that’s who you allude to), would have got us up this season , especially with the current injury Tsunami

Give the bloke a chance , he’s only just into double figure of games

• Like 4

Just now, City oz said:

Better applicants were brushed aside and the next few months will show the bad decision.

My view is we are firmly heading for mid-table but we will see some decent football along the way. The squad just isn't strong enough, particularly with the recent injuries, and the Manager is inexperienced. That is not a recipe for Promotion. That is why I cannot be too hard on Dean Holden. Of course, I want to see him make progress and learn from mistakes he will inevitably make but I cannot expect much more from him personally. If "responsibility" and "blame" is the order of the day to justify that outcome then you need to look a rung or two higher in the Bristol City food chain!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

My view is we are firmly heading for mid-table but we will see some decent football along the way. The squad just isn't strong enough, particularly with the recent injuries, and the Manager is inexperienced. That is not a recipe for Promotion. That is why I cannot be too hard on Dean Holden. Of course, I want to see him make progress and learn from mistakes he will inevitably make but I cannot expect much more from him personally. If "responsibility" and "blame" is the order of the day to justify that outcome then you need to look a rung or two higher in the Bristol City food chain!!

From your post you are a true city supporter just like me. Injuries effect all clubs, an inexperienced manager signed by the board for what ever reason is the question. DH is a good honest bloke and has great football knowledge, however we need to reach higher.

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Again , spot on 

26 minutes ago, City oz said:

If I'm honest i didn't want him to get the job BUT you have to give him a fair chance.