IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

Fans will not be allowed back anytime soon. Whole country bar small minor counties will be placed into at least tier 2 come the 2nd of December. A new tier 4 will be announced with even stricter guidelines too. I've pretty much accepted this season I wont be seeing the City, well at least until vaccinated. However very hopeful Euros still goes ahead as planned, tickets for England v Kalas's Czech, plus qtrs if England win the group ??

• Admin

Interesting interview with Oliver Dowden on Talksport. 

He's confident that the National lockdown will end as currently planned at the start of December. 

It's planned that the country will then revert back into regional lockdown tiers again. 

The plan then is that the clubs in the lowest risk areas will work to allowing restricted numbers back into grounds before Christmas.

There will be numerous measures that need to be met, including getting people safely to the ground and checks going into grounds 

On 17/11/2020 at 23:23, joshthomson said:

Fans will not be allowed back anytime soon. Whole country bar small minor counties will be placed into at least tier 2 come the 2nd of December. A new tier 4 will be announced with even stricter guidelines too. I've pretty much accepted this season I wont be seeing the City, well at least until vaccinated. However very hopeful Euros still goes ahead as planned, tickets for England v Kalas's Czech, plus qtrs if England win the group ??

England will have a tough group in the round of 16 to negotiate before the quarters 

but fingers crossed 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Interesting interview with Oliver Dowden on Talksport. 

He's confident that the National lockdown will end as currently planned at the start of December. 

It's planned that the country will then revert back into regional lockdown tiers again. 

The plan then is that the clubs in the lowest risk areas will work to allowing restricted numbers back into grounds before Christmas.

There will be numerous measures that need to be met, including getting people safely to the ground and checks going into grounds 

Be interesting to see what they do , I guess will have to be in tier 1 or 2 to allow fans back in. But then Downden said restrictions will be tighter post 2 December than they were pre national lockdown. Personally I think it’s lip service , won’t see fans in grounds in two weeks time , which for us would be home to Brum 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daored said:

Be interesting to see what they do , I guess will have to be in tier 1 or 2 to allow fans back in. But then Downden said restrictions will be tighter post 2 December than they were pre national lockdown. Personally I think it’s lip service , won’t see fans in grounds in two weeks time , which for us would be home to Brum 

Bristol with such high rates wont be one of the first places to allow people into grounds. 

On 19/11/2020 at 00:34, Super said:

I see Australia had 52k watching a rugby game in Brisbane today. How far are we away from this?!!

Adelaide had been case free for 6 months & hosted football with 20,000+ crowds then this week we have had to go into lockdown for 6 days (which everyone is expecting to be longer) as the virus has broken again.

I was just reading that the UK has nearly 23,000 new cases with 500 deaths, crowds before xmas sounds suicidal to me.

Stay safe everyone !!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

A maximum of 4,000 fans are to be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the national lockdown in England ends on 2 December, BBC Sport understands. 

Good news, although surely it should be done as a percentage of overall capacity. 4000 at the gate will be much more socially distanced that at the mem. 

Edit: Didn't see the "maximum" of 4000 so presumably some further restriction due to capacity 

Edited by redsince1994

Just can't see any sense in this.

We're talking about not being able to see all your family at Xmas, but you can be at a football ground with 4000 others.

I understand some clubs have done a lot of work to be safe, but it just sends the wrong messages and it;s no wonder people have lost faith in following guidelines

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

We're talking about not being able to see all your family at Xmas, but you can be at a football ground with 4000 others.

I understand some clubs have done a lot of work to be safe, but it just sends the wrong messages and it;s no wonder people have lost faith in following guidelines

You’re not huddled together with the 4,000 though are you. 

You’re outside, distanced and (I imagine) wearing a mask. That’s been compulsory in Germany etc.

It’s all moot right now anyway as Bristol is most likely gonna be Tier 3 so, yeah.

No idea how the ticketing works either, I assume it would all be season ticket holders on rotation? 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

You’re not huddled together with the 4,000 though are you. 

You’re outside, distanced and (I imagine) wearing a mask. That’s been compulsory in Germany etc.

It’s all moot right now anyway as Bristol is most likely gonna be Tier 3 so, yeah.

No idea how the ticketing works either, I assume it would all be season ticket holders on rotation? 

I think there may be a lot of nuances. I’m in South Glos, let’s say for example I’m in tier 3 and Ashtons in tier 2 - assumedly, I can’t attend even if it’s my rotation game. Even if I’m tier 2 and Ashtons tier 2, as non essential travel can I attend?

• Admin
7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Please tell me you understand the difference between a family in a close knit small environment compared to people socially distanced going through numerous safety checks 

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Surely you can see SOME sense in it? The sense is that clubs desperately need fans back in order to survive and 4000 fans outside in a 25k stadium is lower risk than seeing all your family indoors at Xmas.  

You might disagree with it but the sense is quite clear. 

• Like 1

4,000 in Old Trafford and St James Park. 

That's a lot of space still. 

Surely a 10% to 15% capacity rule could come in for larger grounds. But then I suppose clubs with smaller grounds who want the 4,000 won't get the numbers in. Then you've got socially distancing outside the ground, in the turnstiles etc. 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Might get into an away game or two?

Interesting point regarding away fans. Will they be allowed? 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How do you pick who would go? Ballots? 

Personally I don't see the appeal of going to the stadium to sit and watch the game on my own.

It just feels like an unnecessary risk to take when we are already seeing high infection rates across the city. 

Mark Kelly the something important at Bristol City said it would be ballot but you could put yourself down as a combo of three or four with your family. Assume if the rules allow possibly friends too.

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Might get into an away game or two?

I can’t imagine they’d encourage travel around the country. 

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Surely you can see SOME sense in it? The sense is that clubs desperately need fans back in order to survive and 4000 fans outside in a 25k stadium is lower risk than seeing all your family indoors at Xmas.  

You might disagree with it but the sense is quite clear. 

It’s not the being outside, it’s all about controlling the queues. 4000 people need the loo socially distanced is a long line out the ground. How often do you clean the taps etc. in the toilet. Catering how do you safely queue and not touch surfaces. 

These are the problems that need sorting when at the ground. 

3 minutes ago, The Batman said:

4,000 in Old Trafford and St James Park. 

That's a lot of space still. 

Surely a 10% to 15% capacity rule could come in for larger grounds. But then I suppose clubs with smaller grounds who want the 4,000 won't get the numbers in. Then you've got socially distancing outside the ground, in the turnstiles etc. 

Interesting point regarding away fans. Will they be allowed? 

Never going to encourage fans to travel around the country watching football