IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

2 minutes ago, eric04 said:

I fear this is largely irrelevant. Bristol must be close to being in Tier 3. I’m not sure any part of the country is going to make it into Tier 1 to start with. 

I expect everywhere will be tier 3 in Jan/Feb.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I expect everywhere will be tier 3 in Jan/Feb.

Why that's not supported by any of the different scientific groups following the progress of the virus in this country most have models that show by the end of March it will be down to Almost 0 infections for the whole country so why do you think it would be so high in February

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Why that's not supported by any of the different scientific groups following the progress of the virus in this country most have models that show by the end of March it will be down to Almost 0 infections for the whole country so why do you think it would be so high in February

Xmas/new year

Edited by Super

As it now looks like fans are going to be back in Ashton gate from next month but sadly with Bristol likely to be in level 2 restrictions on 2000 of us how will the club decide who gets to go,

Having looked through some threads I can see there are quite a few season ticket holders who will not want to go yet basted on what they have posted for different good reasons, but that could still leave a guess of 8000 season ticket holders wanting to go,

I hope the club contact every season ticket holder soon and find out if they are interested in going to matches and draw up a list of those who want to go working through it 2k at a time for each match , I my mean only going to 1 match in 4 but it's a lot better than non at the moment,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Xmas/new year

No scientists I can find online agree with that, most expect a small spike after Christmas but it go down very quickly as the virus will have picked by then and already on downward trend and aiming to see it naturally finishing towards the end of March

9 minutes ago, winsaw said:

No scientists I can find online agree with that, most expect a small spike after Christmas but it go down very quickly as the virus will have picked by then and already on downward trend and aiming to see it naturally finishing towards the end of March

Wishful thinking 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, winsaw said:

As it now looks like fans are going to be back in Ashton gate from next month but sadly with Bristol likely to be in level 2 restrictions on 2000 of us how will the club decide who gets to go,

Having looked through some threads I can see there are quite a few season ticket holders who will not want to go yet basted on what they have posted for different good reasons, but that could still leave a guess of 8000 season ticket holders wanting to go,

I hope the club contact every season ticket holder soon and find out if they are interested in going to matches and draw up a list of those who want to go working through it 2k at a time for each match , I my mean only going to 1 match in 4 but it's a lot better than non at the moment,

If they think about this problem statement and get their thinking caps on they could come up with a solution that could be re-used in future for season-ticket re-sales, e.g. where demand for tickets is greater than seats and season ticket holders who can’t go to games can offer their tickets back.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Surely it should be a % of the grounds capacity? 4000 in Old Trafford v Accrington Stanley is ridiculous.

Its 4000 or 50% of capacity which ever is the smallest number so if a side like Accrington was in a level 1 area then they would only be allowed 2725 fans in as that's 50% of there total capacity, as u say that figure for Accrington is probably no that different from what they would get normally, it dose look to me like it's a rule designed to help the smaller clubs in league 1 and 2 most

2 hours ago, winsaw said:

I can't find any scientists online saying this either

• Admin
1 hour ago, winsaw said:

Its 4000 or 50% of capacity which ever is the smallest number so if a side like Accrington was in a level 1 area then they would only be allowed 2725 fans in as that's 50% of there total capacity, as u say that figure for Accrington is probably no that different from what they would get normally, it dose look to me like it's a rule designed to help the smaller clubs in league 1 and 2 most

Are you sure about this?

I've not seen this 50% figure mentioned anywhere else

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Are you sure about this?

I've not seen this 50% figure mentioned anywhere else

It's in the Government's winter plan (paragraph 58e - page 31 of the PDF below, shows as page 27 in the top right corner of the page):

"The government will also introduce spectator capacity limits for sports stadia, business events and live performances in tiers where these are permitted. These limits will vary depending on whether the event is held indoors or out. At tier 1 these will be 50% capacity or 4,000 outdoors and 1,000 indoors, whichever is lower and at tier 2 these will be 50% capacity or 2,000 outdoors and 1,000 indoors, whichever is lower."

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/937529/COVID-19_Winter_Plan.pdf

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I can't find any scientists online saying this either

There you go, as you can see everyone except Imperial expecting covid to be over by March, with all agreed there will be a spike at Xmas followed by a sharp fall

IMG_20201125_152944245.jpg

Edited by winsaw

1 hour ago, winsaw said:

There you go, as you can see everyone except Imperial expecting covid to be over by March, with all agreed there will be a spike at Xmas followed by a sharp fall

I doubt that very much TBH. Time will tell but I doubt too many of us really believe the virus will up sticks and retreat over the horizon never to be seen again any time soon unless the Easter Bunny has a cunning plan. Post again in March with the latest developments. £50 says it will still exist but something tells me you won't take up the bet.

Edited by BigTone

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

I doubt that very much TBH. Time will tell but I doubt too many of us really believe the virus will up sticks and retreat over the horizon never to be seen again any time soon unless the Easter Bunny has a cunning plan. Post again in March with the latest developments. £50 says it will still exist but something tells me you won't take up the bet.

I am just quote the people who are the experts in this I see no reason to think they are making those charts up the top scientists in this are saying it will not be anything other that another background virus by may at the latest like all the other flu , no one is saying that it will be wiped out or that it will never come back in a lesser way like most flu do, that are saying by May at the latest it will not be a pandemic and we will be able to go back to doing things normal , I really hope they are right, I am sorry if I was not clear in my other post,

9 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I am just quote the people who are the experts in this I see no reason to think they are making those charts up the top scientists in this are saying it will not be anything other that another background virus by may at the latest like all the other flu , no one is saying that it will be wiped out or that it will never come back in a lesser way like most flu do, that are saying by May at the latest it will not be a pandemic and we will be able to go back to doing things normal , I really hope they are right, I am sorry if I was not clear in my other post,

You show a chart with no back up such as source, author, department/expert of origin which means absolutely sod all. You up for the bet or not ? A refusal only makes your case weaker as you obviously really don't believe the crap you have sprouted yourself.

You certainly have not been clear and seem now to be backtracking. You very clearly state in your post it will be all over by March.

So £50 ? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Edited by BigTone

1 hour ago, winsaw said:

Where is the chart from ?

11 hours ago, winsaw said:

Ha is that the 4k per day deaths? I know this is about Sport but some of these models are a tad out!!

Just like Imperial's 40m deaths GLOBALLY by the end of this year if no action taken. Clearly World couldn't do nothing but some of these sounded like a Spanish Flu 2nd Wave type scenario- well out!!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 hours ago, BigTone said:

That'll be the easiest £50 'I ever won...

Yours,

Stan Laurel.

Edited by Son of Fred
  • Like 1