IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Harry said:

When we think of spending some time with close family at Christmas, do we also think about that VE Day back in the summer, when we were having a party with the whole street and doing the conga with strangers? 

That shouldn't have happened as we were socially distancing still then

• Like 1

• Admin
6 hours ago, phantom said:

Anyway back to sports.

Assumedly most places are going into tier 2.

For us that would mean 2,000 supporters. 

I wonder how many of those 2,000 will be basic admission and how many the club will use for corporate seats etc?

I would assume the club would make more money from corporate packages, but will be interesting to see how this develops 

Obviously international rugby is slightly different, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a familiar pattern when tickets start going on sale for clubs 

Twickenham will host 2,000 fans for England's final Autumn Nations Cup match on 6 December, with 400 seats gifted to NHS workers, the Rugby Football Union has confirmed.

Six hundred tickets will be given to players' families, local rugby clubs and sponsors, while 1,000 will be sold.

6 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

So we can't do 'anything' from the 2nd to the 16th of December, but from the 23rd it's absolutely fine to have 12 people in your house, sitting around a table.... explain the 'kin logic in that?!

Imagine a very fast running tap. At present we cannot turn that tap off and at the rate it’s running our health system will simply flood.

The best we can do is periodically regulate the flow of the tap.

Given that we are human, there are some who really cannot see the problem mate if the tap is just left to run. 

Therefor, in an effort to try and keep relative peace amongst 70m people, the government has to let the tap run at different rates, all the while checking the depth of the water.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Imagine a very fast running tap. At present we cannot turn that tap off and at the rate it’s running our health system will simply flood.

The best we can do is periodically regulate the flow of the tap.

Given that we are human, there are some who really cannot see the problem mate if the tap is just left to run. 

Therefor, in an effort to try and keep relative peace amongst 70m people, the government has to let the tap run at different rates, all the while checking the depth of the water.

An excellent analogy but a tad deep for me !!

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Ha ha

Thought it would be 

Meanwhile Steve Bruce is ‘totally perplexed ‘ why you can have 2000 fans in a L2 stadium whilst you can only have a similar amount in a Ground the size of Newcastle’s stadium when he reckons they could house 20000 socially distanced

Just a thought Steve, it might be to do with you’d have 20000 people travelling to and gathering for the game pre match and post match as opposed to 2000

Jesus wept.....

FB_IMG_1606297123283.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 25/11/2020 at 12:05, winsaw said:

Why that's not supported by any of the different scientific groups following the progress of the virus in this country most have models that show by the end of March it will be down to Almost 0 infections for the whole country so why do you think it would be so high in February

If we’re anywhere near zero infections by March I’ll donate £50 to a charity of your choosing!

On 25/11/2020 at 16:21, BigTone said:

I doubt that very much TBH. Time will tell but I doubt too many of us really believe the virus will up sticks and retreat over the horizon never to be seen again any time soon unless the Easter Bunny has a cunning plan. Post again in March with the latest developments. £50 says it will still exist but something tells me you won't take up the bet.

Damn beat me to it... ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Obviously international rugby is slightly different, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a familiar pattern when tickets start going on sale for clubs 

Twickenham will host 2,000 fans for England's final Autumn Nations Cup match on 6 December, with 400 seats gifted to NHS workers, the Rugby Football Union has confirmed.

Six hundred tickets will be given to players' families, local rugby clubs and sponsors, while 1,000 will be sold.

At least our next 3 games in Tier 3 are against teams that are also in Tier 3 , and luckily Millwall is a home game . So City avoid playing at Millwall in front of 2000 of their fans and none of our own. 

Edited by E.G.Red

10 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Blaming the public for his total incompetence and many failures

Whilst the Government have been a complete joke and definately incompetent during this, I am equally disapointed at (some) of society who have shown incredible levels of stupidity and selfishness during this pandemic. All too quick to blame anyone else (mainly the Government) whilst themselves ignoring social distancing rules and mixing with whoever they want. Unfortunately we live in a world where it's always someone else's fault and we can no longer take responsibility for our actions. These are the idiots that will cause further restrictions for all.

• Like 4

So I have a genuine question about the football, and I have no idea how it was in Europe.

tier 2 cannot mix indoors with anyone outside their household but upto 6 outside?

What are concourses treated as in football stadiums? Technically inside? Especially at modern stadia such as Wembley, Emirates, City of Manchester as a few I can think of that I’ve been to where you go inside a sealed area.

So are we expecting football to be with your own household only?

This is where I see non league grounds like The Memorial ( ;) ) having less problems as you can turn up and safely always be outside, no problems with the technicalities of that.

Bigger, modern stadia seem problematic to me?

I still think it’s a twisted message that you can have 1000 people at an indoor venue but not go see 1 friend at their house (or for me, parent) - though I also do fully understand the “covid measures” etc and why it’s deemed safer so not looking to continue that debate.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I still think it’s a twisted message that you can have 1000 people at an indoor venue but not go see 1 friend at their house (or for me, parent) - though I also do fully understand the “covid measures” etc and why it’s deemed safer so not looking to continue that debate.

It all comes down to contact. You're more likely to hug a friend in your house than a stranger at Ashton Gate when you're socially distanced. 

Just now, Selred said:

It all comes down to contact. You're more likely to hug a friend in your house than a stranger at Ashton Gate when you're socially distanced. 

I know, I do realise that but you’re breathing in the same air. Have you seen that interesting graphic about how it spreads and the differences with ventilation? Thought that was interesting

6 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Whilst the Government have been a complete joke and definately incompetent during this, I am equally disapointed at (some) of society who have shown incredible levels of stupidity and selfishness during this pandemic. All too quick to blame anyone else (mainly the Government) whilst themselves ignoring social distancing rules and mixing with whoever they want. Unfortunately we live in a world where it's always someone else's fault and we can no longer take responsibility for our actions. These are the idiots that will cause further restrictions for all.

Might help if the Government, Police dealt with some of their own who transgressed in the appropriate manner.

This is cross party btw, not an attack on any Politicians specifically:

1. Cummings- Say no more.
  2. Corbyn- Dinner Party. Did he get fined?
  3. Johnson's Dad not wearing a mask and some other transgressions.

Perhaps most gregarious of all, that SNP MP who despite being COVID POSITIVE, took a train down to London! Nothing. Not one bit of this helps. She was suspended but that doesn't feel enough.

Certainly varied people have not acted correctly- in society but also at the middling to higher ends of it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Still quite bad, Bishopsworth has one of the worst infection rates in the country and infections in the over 60’s has also been dramatically increasing.

The Uni stuff, from a pure numbers standpoint was *insane* (Bristol Uni alone had had more cases than NZ), but they weren’t actually spreading the virus around the city, just contained largely within their halls

I wonder though...? Those are the cases we knew about, let alone the asymptomatic ones- and the asymptomatic ones who may not have been picked up, like anyone who is asymptomatic without realising, could certainly have spread it- maybe in their localities to an extent, see at one stage flareups in Stoke Bishop and some other places- Bishopsworth, Easton and possibly Barton Hill was also mentioned are very much non student areas I think!

Certainly would be interesting to filter them out- though there was a change in datasets, seemed the Government got it wrong which added 15% to our numbers as university town cases were not being accounted for correctly- Times said 15% for Bristol, and maybe it was 1/3 for Newcastle and varied other places that fell from 15% to about 1/3 but on the flipside this gave various parts of the Home Counties a nice little boost! 

As far as I'm concerned though, they brought it to these places, they helped the numbers to rise so it SHOULD be allocated to their home towns.

?

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Might help if the Government, Police dealt with some of their own who transgressed in the appropriate manner.

Perhaps most gregarious of all, that SNP MP who despite being COVID POSITIVE, took a train down to London! Nothing. Not one bit of this helps. She was suspended but that doesn't feel enough.

Certainly varied people have not acted correctly- in society but also at the middling to higher ends of it.

On the Corbyn one police said they won’t retrospectively issue fines, so basically do what the hell you like as long as you don’t get caught in the act

11 hours ago, MarcusX said:

So I have a genuine question about the football, and I have no idea how it was in Europe.

tier 2 cannot mix indoors with anyone outside their household but upto 6 outside?

What are concourses treated as in football stadiums? Technically inside? Especially at modern stadia such as Wembley, Emirates, City of Manchester as a few I can think of that I’ve been to where you go inside a sealed area.

So are we expecting football to be with your own household only?

This is where I see non league grounds like The Memorial ( ;) ) having less problems as you can turn up and safely always be outside, no problems with the technicalities of that.

Bigger, modern stadia seem problematic to me?

There has been a lot said about ventilation. The scientists at the briefing with Boris yesterday mentioned being indoors and having all the windows open (yeah right, people are going to sit around the Xmas table and have a blast of arctic air around Grannie). So I guess all the exit doors would have to be open in the concourses, manned by stewards or barriers I guess to stop people gaining entry if they are ticketless. There are some very big shuttered doors, easily big enough to drive a large vehicle through so there is plenty of scope for ventilation in what is always a cold area anyway. 

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agree entirely with the general thrust of your argument.

Just on the issue of the SNP MP, she was quite rightly publicly slated by Sturgeon and, as you say, immediately suspended from her party, but of course the greatest damage to public perceptions of people like her is done by her persistent refusal to resign as an elected MP, which she lacked the integrity to do. Not even Sturgeon has the power to remove her. Not sure of the exact process that would be required to do that, but presumably her own, local constituency party would have to deselect her and a by-election held in which the population vote for another candidate.

You’re absolutely right that this sort of behaviour and abuse of privilege has significantly undermined public compliance with Covid regulations.

• Admin
2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Been told that all  football below if your in Tier 3 will be behind closed doors if league restarts no matter what level your in.

Tier 2 clubs can have crowds but no food or drink can be served.

Sorry @wayne allisons tongues I don't understand what you mean in your first line?

• Admin

The below is an interesting read, and wouldn't see any reason for City to do anything different. 

This is from Shrewsbury Town 

Full information for Town fans returning to Montgomery Waters Meadow.

Following Monday’s announcement, that the Government will allow football supporters back into stadiums in a limited capacity from 2nd December, depending on the local tier structure in which the Clubs are located. Club staff - together with our SLO’s Roger Groves and Mike Davis - have been working behind the scenes to plan for the long-awaited return of some supporters to Montgomery Waters Meadow.

Now that the new tier structure has been announced today and Shropshire is in Tier 2, we know that we can have a maximum of 2,000 fans to be in attendance from our next home League match on Wednesday 2nd December against Accrington Stanley. The kick-off for this match has been moved back to 7.45pm kick-off now that supporters are in attendance.

As we have successfully completed the 1,000 pilot v Northampton Town, we are now able to move on to 2,000 socially distant capacity.

The 2,000 available tickets will be within the following areas:

Roland Wycherley (Main Stand)

Family Stand

West Stand

Safe Standing

Therefore, the DM Recruitment North Stand and the seated area within the Salop Leisure South Stand will remain closed.

As we did for the 1,000 pilot, all season ticket holders, Sovereign members, and box holders will be required to either have a physical ticket, an e-ticket, or a digital ticket in order to gain access to the stadium footprint.

This will be via the three entry points; Superblues Way, the stadium car park entry gates, and gates between Lidl and the five-aside pitches. Ticket checks will be in operation at each of these points.

Since we are in national lockdown until Wednesday, and only essential travel is permitted, we advise that whenever possible you obtain your ticket(s) online at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/shrewsburytownfc/ Alternatively, since we cannot open the Ticket office for face to face sales without breaking the law, we will have ticket office staff dealing with phone calls, to help those supporters who are unable to go online to obtain their tickets. Please note, however, because these staff have to access the ticketing system whilst also adhering to social distancing guidelines, we will be restricted to 3-4 staff covering this.

The 2,000 available tickets have been split into options for bubble sizes, as we did for the pilot, ranging from 1-5. Please ensure, that if you are getting tickets for others to sit together as a group, that they are all within your bubble and also are season ticket holders etc.

After discussions with our SLO’s, we felt that the fairest way of distributing the tickets would be initially to allow priority to those season ticket holders, sovereign members and box holders who did not obtain a ticket for the Northampton 1,000 pilot for the first 48 hours they are available.

Therefore, tickets will be available as follows:

For Season Ticket Holders, Sovereign members and Box holders who did not obtain a ticket for the 1,000 pilot against Northampton on 19th September

Online from 10am - Saturday 28th November & Sunday 29th November via https://www.eticketing.co.uk/shrewsburytownfc/

Ticket Office (Telephone call only) – 01743 273943:

Saturday 28th November – 10 am-2 pm

Sunday 29th November 9 am-12 noon

For all remaining Season Ticket Holders, Sovereign members and Box holders:

Online from 9 am – Monday 30th November online via https://www.eticketing.co.uk/shrewsburytownfc/

Ticket Office (Telephone call only) - 01743 273943

Monday 30th November 10 am-2 pm (subject to availability)

Tuesday 1st December 9 am-1 pm (subject to availability)

At present, we intend that there will be no access to the stadium footprint (outer stadium green fence) prior to 2 hours before kick off, with stadium access gates open 90 mins before as normal. However, we would encourage supporters not to leave it until the last minute, as the entry process will be slower than normal, to allow for social distancing.

No ticket collections will be available until after the national lockdown ends therefore from Wednesday 2nd December at 10 am onwards from the Ticket Office and until the Ticket Collection point which will be located on the pathway between Lidl and 5 aside pitches) opens at 4 pm.

Below is an FAQ which hopefully will answer supporters’ queries:

Will fans be allowed back in for the next home match v Charlton and beyond?

Our understanding is that now that the tiers have been announced, this will be reviewed every fortnight and therefore we cannot plan any further than that. However, we can offer all home matches over the next fortnight.  

Will supporters have to stick to their home group or safety bubbles?

Yes, as it stands, social distancing rules will still apply within the stadium, so you will be able to sit with those from your own household or safety bubble, but larger groups will not be allowed to sit together. The seating plan that we have worked on will accommodate as many family bubbles as we can, within the stadium template of seats available, that adhere to social distancing guidance.

Can supporters share cars into the stadium?

You should try not to share a vehicle with those outside your household or support bubble. Please see guidance… 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#private-cars-and-other-vehicles

Will face masks/coverings be required?

Yes, facemasks/coverings will be required to be worn by all those attending matches, with the exception of those exempt from wearing them. We expect all our supporters who should wear facemasks to do so, to help minimise the spread of infection and as any breach could lead to crowds being further reduced for future games.

Will supporters be allowed to sing?

This is currently being discouraged, to reduce the risk of potentially passing on the infection, so we ask our supporters to be understanding that refraining from singing means more vulnerable supporters will feel safer attending games

How will safe standing work?

Exactly the same as the seated areas, you will be assigned a standing place row and number based on our socially distant stadium plan and will be expected to remain in that place throughout the match. There will be no need to issue wristbands whilst only the Safe Standing area of the South Stand is open.

How will getting around the stadium and into toilets etc work?

There will be a one-way system in operation around the stadium and into the concourse area, for use of the toilets.  All food and drink vendors will be outside of the stadium but within the footprint of the green fence, which will in effect act as the entrance to the stadium during this time. We will not use any turnstiles, with all supporters entering via the 4 corner gates, to maintain social distancing. Ticket checks will be in place at the 3 entrances to the stadium footprint (i.e. Main gates, Superblues Way gates and the new gates at the footpath between Lidl and the 5 aside pitches) and then scanned at the 4 corner gates to gain entry. 

Do season ticket holders need a physical ticket and why are tickets required for season ticket holders? 

Yes, however, you will have the option of having your ticket(s) emailed to your email address to be printed off. We also now have the ability for a digital ticket to be sent to supporters’ smartphones/mobile wallets with a QR code on the ticket, to be scanned on entry. This will come with the option for an e-ticket by email. By doing this, it is much easier and quicker for us to check tickets, and it also takes away the chances of someone bringing an invalid season ticket. Also, as its unlikely that you will be sitting in your normal seat, the ticket will have your seat details to make life easier for the supporter. 

Will I be able to sit in my normal seat?

Unfortunately not; we are having to undertake strict restructuring of the seating plan, to get supporters seated in the ground as effectively as we can within bubbles. We do understand your frustration, but at this time getting loyal fans back into the ground is paramount. Because of social distancing some seats will not be available at all, so it is most unlikely that ST holders will be able to select their normal seat

Will there be hand sanitizer at the ground?

As with most locations we will be supplying hand sanitizer stations throughout the stadium.

Will the fanzone and Smithy’s be open on a match day?

Smithy’s Bar and the Fanzone will remain closed.

How will exiting the stadium post-match work?

Stewards will give instructions to supporters to exit the stadium on a block by block basis, to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. Please adhere to the Stewards instructions.

How will the stadium car park operate?

As we haven’t been able to sell car park season tickets this season and don’t know if the tiers will change at any time, we have decided that the easiest way would be to charge £10 per match on a game by game basis.  

Do season ticket holders have to pay anything for getting their match tickets?

No this will be free of charge and without a booking fee. The only cost would be if you require the ticket is required to be posted.

Will there be a ticket collection point to pick up tickets on the day?

The Ticket collection point will be as operated for the pilot, on the pathway between Lidl and the 5 aside pitches. This is because we need it to be outside of the stadium footprint so that everyone is in possession of a ticket at the ticket check at the 3 entry gates.

Will I be able to buy a pint at the mobile catering units?

The Club is currently awaiting clarification from the relevant authorities and an update will be provided in due course.  

Are we doing temperature checks on entry to the stadium?

Yes, temperature checks will be in operation prior to entry to the stadium. They will be conducted under gazebos as you enter the stadium to avoid weather complications. The Club urges supporters not to congregate in these areas in order to minimise traffic congestion.

Will the normal coach services from outlying areas and town centre/Shirehall shuttle bus be available as normal?

This is unlikely due to the reduced capacity of 2,000 and in the short term.

I am a CAT ‘A” season ticket holder will I be able to get priority for CAT ‘A” seats that are available?

We will ensure that tickets available within our socially distant stadium plan in CAT A areas will be obtained only by CAT ‘A” season ticket holders on a first-served basis, but due to the restricted number of seats in each block, it may not be possible to satisfy every CAT “A” season ticket holder. We will do all we can to assist.

What is the maximum bubble size you intend allowing for?

We have looked at this closely on our ST holder database and decided to make the maximum bubble size 5 people. There will be a limited number of this size, with the most available seats being single seats and pairs. We appreciate that there may be groups of more than 5, but we hope that by accommodating up to 5, at worst families of season ticket holders who normally come in bubbles of more than 5 will understand that we can't cover every scenario, but by offering larger bubbles as an option, people can hopefully still be with family members and close by others.

The government guidelines allow restricted numbers of households to meet outside can we sit together at the match?

No. The government guidelines allow a restricted number of households to meet outdoors, however, they are still required to social distance and therefore cannot sit together. However, if someone living alone from another household but is in your extended social bubble, they would be allowed to sit with you.

Are children required, where possible to wear masks?

We are treating this the same as guidelines as for shops, where it is not compulsory for children aged under 11 and under to wear face-masks, it is, therefore, at the discretion of parents/guardians. However, we hope most adults etc will follow the guidance and wear face-masks to games to ensure that we minimise any potential spread, to keep all of our supporters safe.

Will season ticket holders who prefer not to come to home league matches be offered a free streaming pass and how would I get this?

Yes. Any season ticket holder who prefers to watch the stream rather than try and obtain a ticket, will continue to receive a streaming code to your registered email. Also, any Season Ticket holder/Sovereign member or box holder, who isn’t successful in obtaining one of the 2,000 tickets, will be sent a code to watch the stream. Once all the tickets are allocated, we will work to extract from our database all those who haven’t obtained a ticket and allocate a code to each person and this will be sent to them by email.

I am a Sovereign member, will I get access to the Sovereign Suite if I have a match ticket?

Due to the restrictions in Tier 2, we are unable to sell alcohol in the Sovereign bar without a substantial meal and even then with the numbers severely limited for the Sovereign Suite, to meet social distancing guidelines. Unfortunately, it is therefore not possible to open the Sovereign Lounge, however all members will be entitled to try and obtain a match ticket.

I am a Box Holder will I be able to access my Executive box?

Due to the seating configuration for the boxes, we can only get 3 people seated, whilst adhering to social distance guidelines. We have therefore taken the decision that boxes will not be open at present, however all box holders will be entitled to try and obtain a match ticket.

• Confused 1

On 27/11/2020 at 07:43, RedM said:

There has been a lot said about ventilation. The scientists at the briefing with Boris yesterday mentioned being indoors and having all the windows open (yeah right, people are going to sit around the Xmas table and have a blast of arctic air around Grannie). So I guess all the exit doors would have to be open in the concourses, manned by stewards or barriers I guess to stop people gaining entry if they are ticketless. There are some very big shuttered doors, easily big enough to drive a large vehicle through so there is plenty of scope for ventilation in what is always a cold area anyway. 

Maybe so, but if my pub opens the doors and ensures good ventilation (like they’ve been mandated to do to be covid secure) I still can’t go there with anyone outside my household - so are we making exceptions for stadiums? 

14 hours ago, phantom said:

Post regarding Shrewsbury (cut to save space)

Pretty clear then you can only attend with your household or support bubble, not you plus 4 friends. I wonder if that changes anyone’s mind about going to football? Or if they’d just lie about it.

21 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Been told that all  football below if your in Tier 3 will be behind closed doors if league restarts no matter what level your in.

Tier 2 clubs can have crowds but no food or drink can be served.

I thought that would be fairly obvious as tier 3 can’t have fans

However I feel for non league clubs, having played those levels as well I full understand how important it is for them to have match day revenue.

Unlike my thoughts on league clubs, most non league grounds (especially below the national league) are completely outdoors and have far more space than they will require. Also they were already open before.

That said, I also think non league is where you will see less adherence to the rules. These clubs tend to have big communities and everyone knows each other, i don’t think it’s likely they’ll stay away from each other at the games. We’ve already seen videos of Fa cup games where everyone rushed together to celebrate or even ran on the pitch to celebrate with players.

Also the clubs can’t afford to have as many stewards as they may require to police it effectively and how do you stop away fans travelling to games in tier 2?