IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

On 27/11/2020 at 17:25, phantom said:

How will exiting the stadium post-match work?

Stewards will give instructions to supporters to exit the stadium on a block by block basis, to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. Please adhere to the Stewards instructions.

Would have thought row by row in each stand would have been easiest for social distancing rather than a block at a time all going out the same exits 

• Like 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Would have thought row by row in each stand would have been easiest for social distancing rather than a block at a time all going out the same exits 

Seems Spurs are only using one stand, but obviously much easier with the size of this stand 

20201129_112106.jpg

Sorry if their is another thread on this but if anyone is interested my mate is a Brentford season ticket holder and they have announced plans for fans returning today.

They are in tier 2 so will be welcoming back fans this upcoming wkd.

They have decided that they will go on a rota basis depending on how long you have held your season ticket.

So therefore the 2000 fans who have had a season ticket the longest will get the opportunity to attend the first match then it will snake down to the next 2000 etc.

My mate only got a season ticket this year so his first eligible game will be Bristol City on Jan 2nd ?

Anyhow like I said may interest you or not, but if city adopted a similar approach do you think their would be many objections?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Sorry if their is another thread on this but if anyone is interested my mate is a Brentford season ticket holder and they have announced plans for fans returning today.

They are in tier 2 so will be welcoming back fans this upcoming wkd.

They have decided that they will go on a rota basis depending on how long you have held your season ticket.

So therefore the 2000 fans who have had a season ticket the longest will get the opportunity to attend the first match then it will snake down to the next 2000 etc.

My mate only got a season ticket this year so his first eligible game will be Bristol City on Jan 2nd ?

Anyhow like I said may interest you or not, but if city adopted a similar approach do you think their would be many objections?

Only 250 pages or so

Does their rules state who they can attend with? Assume by themselves / same household only?

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Only 250 pages or so

Does their rules state who they can attend with? Assume by themselves / same household only?

See below, the bit you are after has been drawn over but think it says you will also be able to book up to three other frozen season ticket holders within your household who have not yet attended a match. Please ensure they are part of your friends and family bubble.

04BA2688-DD47-45C3-8F2D-1E8819526ED8.jpeg

19 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

See below, the bit you are after has been drawn over but think it says you will also be able to book up to three other frozen season ticket holders within your household who have not yet attended a match. Please ensure they are part of your friends and family bubble.

04BA2688-DD47-45C3-8F2D-1E8819526ED8.jpeg

Looks like friends and family group is a Brentford scheme for the tickets, as opposed to any covid “bubble”

The newer article says same households only, I wonder if that changes the interests of many people here if they had to attend alone?

On 27/11/2020 at 07:43, RedM said:

There has been a lot said about ventilation. The scientists at the briefing with Boris yesterday mentioned being indoors and having all the windows open (yeah right, people are going to sit around the Xmas table and have a blast of arctic air around Grannie). So I guess all the exit doors would have to be open in the concourses, manned by stewards or barriers I guess to stop people gaining entry if they are ticketless. There are some very big shuttered doors, easily big enough to drive a large vehicle through so there is plenty of scope for ventilation in what is always a cold area anyway. 

Well in Germany- which historically has colder winters than us..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/10/12/german-children-told-bring-blankets-school-windows-left-open/

Saw a photo online somewhere but can't find now of kids wearing gloves and wooly hats in classrooms with open windows. :laugh:

Blankets though, kinnell!

21 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well in Germany- which historically has colder winters than us..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/10/12/german-children-told-bring-blankets-school-windows-left-open/

Saw a photo online somewhere but can't find now of kids wearing gloves and wooly hats in classrooms with open windows. :laugh:

Blankets though, kinnell!

Can you see the teacher`s unions putting up with that over here?

Listening to Talksport this evening, the hosts wanted calls from fans who managed to get tickets to watch their team for the first time in 9 months and give a summary of the experience. First called was Charlton fan, Sam.  He had a bit of a whinge about his team and said that they were booed off at full time.  However,during the chat he admitted that he left before the end!  The hosts basically tore him a new one!  Sam said we'll it was the worst performance I've seen in 10 years.  Talksports bloke went back at him and said it was the best performance he must have been at in the last 9 months!  Also suggested to Sam that there was no big crowd to beat in the rush away from the ground..........hilarious conversation to be fair!

Which prompts me to ask 2 questions.

1 If and when BCFC can allow limited numbers back into the Gate......and YOU are lucky enough to have your name drawn out of the ticket hat, would you stay until the very end regardless of the standard City home performance?

And

2 If you don't manage to scab a ticket but your best mate does.....and he tells you the next day that he left on 80 minutes, what would your response be? 

My own answer to questions 2 might involve a length of 4x2 to maintain sensible social distancing ?

Cracking radio call, mind!

Edited by JackofromSanJavier
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Im confused though. Wycombe allowed 1,000 fans in. Surely theyre tier 2 so 2,000 is the number?!?! 

I thought every ground had to have a test event of before they could allow the full quota in? I guess that night was their test?

• Like 2

I left 5 mins before the end when City were losing 0-2 under LJ against either Fulham, QPR or Leeds and were playing absolutely dreadfully and no way were City going get back in it. That was only time that I was so angry that I wanted to go around the concourse and give LJ both barrels of verbals........iI didn’t tho.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I left 5 mins before the end when City were losing 0-2 under LJ against either Fulham, QPR or Leeds and were playing absolutely dreadfully and no way were City going get back in it. That was only time that I was so angry that I wanted to go around the concourse and give LJ both barrels of verbals........iI didn’t tho.

Were you worried he might invite you into his office?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I thought every ground had to have a test event of before they could allow the full quota in? I guess that night was their test?

Have Brighton had a test event, just heard that they'll be allowed 2000 on Monday. Or is it different for the premier league? 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

2. Was you sat in the Dolman  :ph34r:

We always get picked on for leaving early, but do you know how long it takes to get out from the Dolman if you wait till the end?

Bloody ages is the answer. Im on row 20 something and by the time im at the exit rows the Lansdown and SS are empty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

We always get picked on for leaving early, but do you know how long it takes to get out from the Dolman if you wait till the end?

Bloody ages is the answer. Im on row 20 something and by the time im at the exit rows the Lansdown and SS are empty

Didn’t take that Leeds fan long to get down the steps.  ;)

• Haha 1