IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

Unfortunately we are in South Glos which had low figures before but was lumped into Tier 3 with Bristol and North Somerset because they shared the same City in parts but has now been separated as its infection figures are now higher. I presume that season ticket holders in South Glos will now be excluded from any ballot. To say that my boy is a little miffed would probably not cover it.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Unfortunately we are in South Glos which had low figures before but was lumped into Tier 3 with Bristol and North Somerset because they shared the same City in parts but has now been separated as its infection figures are now higher. I presume that season ticket holders in South Glos will now be excluded from any ballot. To say that my boy is a little miffed would probably not cover it.

Live in Hanham and like you assuming we will be excluded from any ballot? A little bit of hope then back to reality

8 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Joking aside, I think the lack of a crowd has had a big impact on my enjoyment of the games. Obviously our poor form is the main thing but it just seems so boring on TV with no fans in the ground. Hope this is the start of gradually getting back to 'normal' football. 

It’s hard to care about any of it until there are proper games again with away fans and it’s normal I find. I have games on but barely watch them sometimes due to the poor football, no crowd, no edge, fake crowd noises etc. Just isn’t real to me. When it’s back to full crowds without any rules etc then I’ll go back but it’s good some people who want to go back will be able to (for now).

9 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

It’s ridiculous really considering they pulled Bristol/south glos and North Somerset together as a region when initially deciding on tiers as they are so intrinsically linked yet have now decided large chunks of suburban Bristol remain in tier 3!

perfect example is my old stomping ground, Kingswood. The black horse pub sits right on the boundary line and can now open up but a bloke living in a flat across the road cant go for a pie and a pint as he would be travelling across a tier!

Edited by RedRaw
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

It’s ridiculous really considering they pulled Bristol/south glos and North Somerset together as a region when initially deciding on tiers as they are so intrinsically linked yet have now decided large chunks of suburban Bristol remain in tier 3!

perfect example is my old stomping ground, Kingswood. The black horse pub sits right on the boundary line and can now open up but a bloke living in a flat across the road cant go for a pie and a pint as he would be travelling across a tier!

Always liked the Black Horse. Was the local of ex wifes Grandad

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I suppose there has to be a demarcation point somewhere but understand what you mean

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Is this right? My understanding is that there aren’t any restrictions as such on travelling: gov.uk talks in terms of advising people not to travel and I can’t see anything in the legislation banning travel between tiers or more generally.

Someone who lives in Tier 3 remains subject to the T3 rules if they travel to T1 or T2:

2) No person living in the Tier 3 area may participate in a gathering outside that area which—

(a)consists of two or more people, and

(b)takes place in a private dwelling or in any indoor space.

(from The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020).

But I think that still leaves someone free to visit a pub in a different tier, alone or with members of their household/bubble.

I’m not promoting it, by the way: my interest in the travel rules is not to do with going to the pub (or to AG from South Glos) but to work out whether I’m allowed to meet my Leicestershire-based sister outside somewhere to exchange Xmas presents. Whether that’s a reasonable risk is, of course, a different question, which I’m also considering.

Happy to be corrected if someone can show me the rules.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:07, Super said:

Oliver Dowden saying that he hopes we can have full stadiums by next Autumn.

Flaws, Oliver Dowden in clueless. The vaccine is not fully tested, and efficiency in a her immunity programme not fully known. The virus may mutate, could be good or bad. Hancock will be involved in organising vaccination programme. Johnson is Prime Oaf!

Much as I’d like to be positive, the above don’t give me much confidence.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

I suppose there has to be a demarcation point somewhere but understand what you mean

What this shows is that the border is ludicrous. One end of Filton Avenue is no different to the other. They are both in Bristol.

Kingswood is in Bristol. 

gerrymandering by a tory government in the 1970s created the situation. 

1 hour ago, lager loud said:

Is this right? My understanding is that there aren’t any restrictions as such on travelling: gov.uk talks in terms of advising people not to travel and I can’t see anything in the legislation banning travel between tiers or more generally.

Someone who lives in Tier 3 remains subject to the T3 rules if they travel to T1 or T2:

2) No person living in the Tier 3 area may participate in a gathering outside that area which—

(from The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020).

But I think that still leaves someone free to visit a pub in a different tier, alone or with members of their household/bubble.

I’m not promoting it, by the way: my interest in the travel rules is not to do with going to the pub (or to AG from South Glos) but to work out whether I’m allowed to meet my Leicestershire-based sister outside somewhere to exchange Xmas presents. Whether that’s a reasonable risk is, of course, a different question, which I’m also considering.

From what i have see most events are simply banning people who are in level 3 from going to level 2 so unlikely you will be allowed into the Gate, but as you say you could go to a pub near the ground as long as you follow the level 3 rules , like not sitting inside the pub and only taking away, on travel the gov says you shouldn't leave a level 3 area unless u have a good reason, so a bit if mixed messages as is usual

So fans will now be back at the Gate on boxing Day, some good news at last,

I hope the club will announce soon how they are going to decide who gets the first 2000 ticket, 

I would like to see the club use attending away and cup games as an easy way of working it out , those who have followed city most over the last 3 seasons Should get first dibs,

I am guessing any city fans in south Gloucestershire will be banned so that should help, but still see being a hard choice for the club who gets the tickets

• Hmmm 2

6 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I hope the club will announce soon how they are going to decide who gets the first 2000 ticket, 

I would like to see the club use attending away and cup games as an easy way of working it out , those who have followed city most over the last 3 seasons Should get first dibs,

I am guessing any city fans in south Gloucestershire will be banned so that should help, but still see being a hard choice for the club who gets the tickets

Nice try

No chance

Season Ticket holders first

• Admin
6 minutes ago, winsaw said:

You are forgetting players tickets for family, then corporate etc

Why would attending cup games be a barometer for people attending?

It's a home league game, EVERY season card holder should be treated equally assuming a - they want to attend, b- they are from a Tier 1 or 2 area

It'll be a ballot like every other side is doing

• Like 2

Crikey, I’d not even considered whether it’s ok to drop off some presents to my parents in BS14 (Tier2) tonight, or over the weekend.

55 minutes ago, The Bard said:

What this shows is that the border is ludicrous. One end of Filton Avenue is no different to the other. They are both in Bristol.

Kingswood is in Bristol. 

But a line must be drawn at some point and no one will be happy when it is.  Nothing to do with gerrymandering at all as I'm sure you are well aware.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Kingswood is in Bristol. 

Personally I am more than happy that large parts of Kingswood/Patchway are classified as outside of the city.

As for Filton Avenue, that is the far North, all a bit too Gloucestershire/Gas for my liking..

No surprise it is in tier 3 then, (unhygienic lot).