IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

It’s ridiculous really considering they pulled Bristol/south glos and North Somerset together as a region when initially deciding on tiers as they are so intrinsically linked yet have now decided large chunks of suburban Bristol remain in tier 3!

perfect example is my old stomping ground, Kingswood. The black horse pub sits right on the boundary line and can now open up but a bloke living in a flat across the road cant go for a pie and a pint as he would be travelling across a tier!

Yate in South Glos had an 700 strong illegal rave shut down by the police that costed £££ apparently- being punished for that I reckon 

10 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Yate in South Glos had an 700 strong illegal rave shut down by the police that costed £££ apparently- being punished for that I reckon 

Yeah right, of course ?. If that's the case then you should all go and track down all of the 700 and beat the living shite out of them.  However my gut feeling is the infection rate is just too high regardless of daft conspiracies being peddled.

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Crikey, I’d not even considered whether it’s ok to drop off some presents to my parents in BS14 (Tier2) tonight, or over the weekend.

I’m sure most people with local family won’t give it a second thought. The fact that my sister and nephew are 130 miles away meant I wanted to know what the law said before I arranged anything. Welcome to the world of an “Analytical”!

Technically Bristol doesn’t go into T2 until midnight 00.01 on Saturday so this evening and tomorrow are under the ‘old’ rules anyway...

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lager loud said:

I’m sure most people with local family won’t give it a second thought. The fact that my sister and nephew are 130 miles away meant I wanted to know what the law said before I arranged anything. Welcome to the world of an “Analytical”!

Technically Bristol doesn’t go into T2 until midnight 00.01 on Saturday so this evening and tomorrow are under the ‘old’ rules anyway...

The tier system is a crock of shite anyway. You either lockdown or you don't as it is too easy to abuse. I bet the UK goes back into full lockdown very soon after Christmas. Can people not forfeit one year of Christmas for the long term good of all and sundry ? Likewise with their holidays (which all those who voted for Brexit should now be regretting). We have a curfew here in France from 8pm to 6am. The only day it does not apply is Christmas eve when the French traditionally have their family dinner. None of this "family bubbles" shite etc etc.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Flaws, Oliver Dowden in clueless. The vaccine is not fully tested, and efficiency in a her immunity programme not fully known. The virus may mutate, could be good or bad. Hancock will be involved in organising vaccination programme. Johnson is Prime Oaf!

Much as I’d like to be positive, the above don’t give me much confidence.

I'm not sure what you mean by fully tested, 100s of thousands of people have taken part in trials all over the world and there have been practically no adverse effects and most of the ones passed as safe are over 90% effective, yes it may have been a lot quicker than is normal but that does not mean it's not fully tested. As far as the long term is concerned nobody knows what the side effects may be, but anybody over 65 that doesn't have the vaccine is playing Russian roulette with their life and I for one will seize the chance when it is offered to me.

Edited by pillred
Add comment
  • Like 2

On 25/11/2020 at 12:16, winsaw said:

As it now looks like fans are going to be back in Ashton gate from next month but sadly with Bristol likely to be in level 2 restrictions on 2000 of us how will the club decide who gets to go,

Having looked through some threads I can see there are quite a few season ticket holders who will not want to go yet basted on what they have posted for different good reasons, but that could still leave a guess of 8000 season ticket holders wanting to go,

I hope the club contact every season ticket holder soon and find out if they are interested in going to matches and draw up a list of those who want to go working through it 2k at a time for each match , I my mean only going to 1 match in 4 but it's a lot better than non at the moment,

What would the question be; ........

Dear Supporter, do you want to watch your team play?

a) Yes please, I'm not afraid of Covid. or

b) No thank you. I am afraid of Covid and my mask slips when I snore.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2020 at 14:42, winsaw said:

Have just watched the interview on sky sports news that's not what the chairman said at all, he was talking about the red zones of the ground where the players and officials have to sit, those stands have to be closed so no fans can sit in them, one turnstile can't be used as its next to the players entrance so in the red zone, every ground in the country has red zones it's an FA thing, nothing at all to do with lockdown restrictions,

Yep red zones are specifically detailed in the link below:

https://www.efl.com/covid-19/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Gotta wrap them first....bet the sellotape runs out!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The tier system is a crock of shite anyway. You either lockdown or you don't as it is too easy to abuse. I bet the UK goes back into full lockdown very soon after Christmas. Can people not forfeit one year of Christmas for the long term good of all and sundry ? Likewise with their holidays (which all those who voted for Brexit should now be regretting). We have a curfew here in France from 8pm to 6am. The only day it does not apply is Christmas eve when the French traditionally have their family dinner. None of this "family bubbles" shite etc etc.

I agree, by and large. One problem in the UK, though, is that for the last few months a significant minority haven’t been sticking to the rules anyway. In my (fairly civilised, considerate and law-abiding as far as I can tell) cul-de-sac I reckon about half the houses are having regular visitors, and I’m pretty sure most of them don’t qualify as “bubbles” (adult children and their other halves etc). Not a big deal in itself, but multiply that nationwide and it makes quite a difference - and suggests many people will just ignore any Christmas rules anyway.

Add to that the fact that the actual rules are quite complex and that even if the police do catch people out they won’t generally do anything beyond telling people not to do it again and you have a recipe for mass non-compliance.

Are people keeping to the rules in France? I watch a bit of French TV news so I’m aware of some of the big breaches (were there various raves a week or so ago?) But I don't get much impression of how compliant the general population is. I know there were more spot checks and more fines for those out and about without good reason in the early days, but haven’t seem much recently.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Personally I am more than happy that large parts of Kingswood/Patchway are classified as outside of the city.

As for Filton Avenue, that is the far North, all a bit too Gloucestershire/Gas for my liking..

No surprise it is in tier 3 then, (unhygienic lot).

Your thinking is so 1980s.  As a born and bred Kingswood boy and now a resident of north Bristol for the past 14 years, I can absolutely assure you there are as many city in these areas as there are rovers.

As for unhygienic, I’ll have you know I change my underwear at least once a week 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pillred said:

I'm not sure what you mean by fully tested, 100s of thousands of people have taken part in trials all over the world and there have been practically no adverse effects and most of the ones passed as safe are over 90% effective, yes it may have been a lot quicker than is normal but that does not mean it's not fully tested. As far as the long term is concerned nobody knows what the side effects may be, but anybody over 65 that doesn't have the vaccine is playing Russian roulette with their life and I for one will seize the chance when it is offered to me.

I’m not some mad anti-vaxer, just stating that trials have been limited compared to other vaccines, and that there will be unknowns, as we don’t really know how the virus will mutate, and we aren’t really sure how long immunity you get. 
Definitely right to proceed, but until it’s been up and running for a while, we won’t really know if it’s a magic bullet, or damage limitation (As with her flu vaccine, which doesn’t protect against all variants). I just prefer cautious optimism, and fully expect about another 18 months, at least, before full ‘normality’.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Your thinking is so 1980s.  As a born and bred Kingswood boy and now a resident of north Bristol for the past 14 years, I can absolutely assure you there are as many city in these areas as there are rovers.

As for unhygienic, I’ll have you know I change my underwear at least once a week 

Ha ha!

My old man, 80 in February & a City fan all his life, has lived in Kingswood since the 80s..

He did grow up in BS3, though ?

34 minutes ago, lager loud said:

I agree, by and large. One problem in the UK, though, is that for the last few months a significant minority haven’t been sticking to the rules anyway. In my (fairly civilised, considerate and law-abiding as far as I can tell) cul-de-sac I reckon about half the houses are having regular visitors, and I’m pretty sure most of them don’t qualify as “bubbles” (adult children and their other halves etc). Not a big deal in itself, but multiply that nationwide and it makes quite a difference - and suggests many people will just ignore any Christmas rules anyway.

Add to that the fact that the actual rules are quite complex and that even if the police do catch people out they won’t generally do anything beyond telling people not to do it again and you have a recipe for mass non-compliance.

Are people keeping to the rules in France? I watch a bit of French TV news so I’m aware of some of the big breaches (were there various raves a week or so ago?) But I don't get much impression of how compliant the general population is. I know there were more spot checks and more fines for those out and about without good reason in the early days, but haven’t seem much recently.

Generally people in France have been great. No panic buying in our area just a bit fed up they can't get a coffee in the cafe. Up until 15th we had to download an attestation and complete it before going out so we could show the police the reason for our journey. Nothing drastic really and was handy cos I could write my shopping list on the back !! We have a curfew but hey ho, if its needed then so be it. Bars and restaurants remain closed until 20th Jan. None of this "substantial meal" bollocks. What is substantial to me may be completely different to the next person. Everything is closed simple as so why moan.

The restrictions need to be simple so all understand. What's so difficult.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

None of this "substantial meal" bollocks. What is substantial to me may be completely different to the next person.

The restrictions need to be simple so all understand. What's so difficult.

I’ve also been discussing this with my AG companions this afternoon, which prompted me to look up what the legislation says about a meal served with alcohol. It says it should be a “table meal” which is “such as might be expected to be served as breakfast, the main midday meal or main evening meal, or as a main course at such a meal.” I’m not sure which of those categories the £1 bowl of peanuts which can be selected at one of my mate’s local falls under!

As you say, simple - and black and white - would be good.

• Like 1

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/fans-to-return-to-ashton-gate/

Fans will be able to return to Ashton Gate following the government’s latest announcement regarding local restriction tiers.

Bristol and North Somerset have been reclassified into Tier 2 – High Alert category –meaning that we can welcome back a limited number of supporters into the Stadium for the first time since March 7th this year, starting with the Boxing Day fixture against Wycombe Wanderers (3pm KO).

Details of how to purchase tickets for games will be announced at 12pm on Friday, December 18th with tickets then going on sale at 10am on Monday, December 21st.

City Chief Executive Mark Ashton told fans: “It’s fantastic to be able to welcome you back. Football hasn’t been the same without you. We and Ashton Gate Stadium have had a clear operational plan of how we can welcome fans safely back since the summer and, while it will only be a percentage of our fan base, it’s great news for the city and the club.”

Local restriction tiers are reviewed every two weeks.

Meanwhile, Bristol City Women still hope to have fans back through the gates at Twerton Park for Barclays FAWSL action on Sunday, January 10th.        

The club are working with hosts Bath City FC and local authorities to ensure Twerton Park, which is also in Tier 2, is ready for the return of supporters against Brighton & Hove Albion (2pm KO).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Nice try

No chance

Season Ticket holders first

I know it will be all season ticket holders, was trying to think of ways that the club could split us up when deciding who gets the first set of tickets, I don't like the idea of a random ballet , surly those who support the club more by doing away games should get something back from the club, it's the way it would be done for a big cup game,

• Haha 2

• The title was changed to The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)
1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Edit: not really about the impact on sport.

Edited by ExiledAjax

9 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/fans-to-return-to-ashton-gate/

Details of how to purchase tickets for games will be announced at 12pm on Friday, December 18th with tickets then going on sale at 10am on Monday, December 21st.

That doesn't sound right why would we have to by tickets, surly they should just be places allocated to season ticket holders, what are the club up to,

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

They've refunded our tickets for this game. Therefore we'll have to buy tickets (no doubt at full POTD price).

Forgot about that, looks a silly idea now, I really hope they don't try to charge full price as that's no way to treat us fans after such a long break from the Gate,

15 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I know it will be all season ticket holders, was trying to think of ways that the club could split us up when deciding who gets the first set of tickets, I don't like the idea of a random ballet , surly those who support the club more by doing away games should get something back from the club, it's the way it would be done for a big cup game,

Neither do I but our midfield are doing their best! 

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

It is if you can look outside the box. You can be in tier 2 today but tier 3 tomorrow which does have an impact when looking at restrictions on crowds 

Sorry, I didn't mean your post wasn't relevant. I typed a reply out that really wasn't about the impact on sport. I posted and realised so edited to delete my ramblings.

If it helps my reply was basically agreeing with you.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sorry, I didn't mean your post wasn't relevant. I typed a reply out that really wasn't about the impact on sport. I posted and realised so edited to delete my ramblings.

If it helps my reply was basically agreeing with you.

Love you, need you, want you xxxx 

• Haha 1