IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So, will sales be limited to people who live in Bristol?  Or just Tier 1 and 2 areas?

The Women's games in Bath stayed behind closed doors because most supporters would come from a tier 3 to a tier 2 area to watch the game.  

Bath City couldn't have fans at a game earlier this week because SAG for the area wanted to do a check of the stadium before giving the green light..... despite the rec getting the okay for rugby straight away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Why???? Shop workers? Teachers? But why????

Why not? I’m classed as a key worker but it pales in to insignificance compared to what the doctors, nurses have done. Plus i only said “Maybe”, thought opinions were allowed on a forum, you have every right to disagree. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Why not? I’m classed as a key worker but it pales in to insignificance compared to what the doctors, nurses have done. Plus i only said “Maybe”, thought opinions were allowed on a forum, you have every right to disagree. 

Well I do disagree, it smacks of bandwagon jumping. Personally I’d like priority for those fans who have trekked around the Country for years, but that would not be fair as it would end up with the same fans at each game. 
Looks like it could be first come first served, probably be in lockdown by Pompey!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Bath City couldn't have fans at a game earlier this week because SAG for the area wanted to do a check of the stadium before giving the green light..... despite the rec getting the okay for rugby straight away.

Very true and stinks of favouritism towards the rugby, shouldn't be surprised really ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Is seating vs terracing part of it?

No, it was just BANES being useless. From what I read, it should have been a formality, but BANES wanted an inspection, and could not do it quickly. It wasn’t as if they didn’t realise there was a 50% chance of an FA Trophy game on that date. Sounds like they may not even have fans for Saturday.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bob Taylor is GOD said:

Tickets go on sale at 10:00 Monday, so a mad free for all for season ticket holders.

How many Season Tickets did we sell?

Surly the club is not going to just do that , they have had months to work out a fair system, 12k all logging on at 10am is surly going to crash the system,

11 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Surly the club is not going to just do that , they have had months to work out a fair system, 12k all logging on at 10am is surly going to crash the system,

So what is a fair system? Already been limited so its season ticket holders how do you then make it fairer for who gets to attend?

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

So what is a fair system? Already been limited so its season ticket holders how do you then make it fairer for who gets to attend?

A fair system would be that

• initially, tickets are only available to SC holders, who can buy them for 1/23 of the price of their SC
  • if after a certain time (first day?) there are any tickets left then members can buy them for POTD price less whatever discount membership gets you. (Do we have a membership scheme this season??)
  • Then, after another time period, general sale - in the unlikely event any seats remain.
Just now, marmite said:

11999. I dont want to go.

1 minute ago, Blagdon red said:

A ballot

I can understand for the first game why they wouldn't though, you need to leave the ballot open for at least a few days so people have a chance to enter, then sort it, send everyone emails with (presumably) their e-tickets or if you can't print then sort the physical tickets. With 9 days including a weekend I can understand why the first wouldn't be a ballot.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Generally people in France have been great. No panic buying in our area just a bit fed up they can't get a coffee in the cafe. Up until 15th we had to download an attestation and complete it before going out so we could show the police the reason for our journey. Nothing drastic really and was handy cos I could write my shopping list on the back !! We have a curfew but hey ho, if its needed then so be it. Bars and restaurants remain closed until 20th Jan. None of this "substantial meal" bollocks. What is substantial to me may be completely different to the next person. Everything is closed simple as so why moan.

The restrictions need to be simple so all understand. What's so difficult.

A government prepared to try and deal with the virus rather than our government who are trying to make money out of it for them and their chums.

1 minute ago, lager loud said:

• initially, tickets are only available to SC holders, who can buy them for 1/23 of the price of their SC
  • if after a certain time (first day?) there are any tickets left then members can buy them for POTD price less whatever discount membership gets you. (Do we have a membership scheme this season??)
  • Then, after another time period, general sale - in the unlikely event any seats remain.

Wonder if they will restrict by address registered.

3 minutes ago, lager loud said:

But I was responding to someone (presumably a ST holder) complaining that was pretty much the plan with ST holders trying to purchase a ticket when just available to them.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A government prepared to try and deal with the virus rather than our government who are trying to make money out of it for them and their chums.

Wonder if they will restrict by address registered.

I would guess they would, feel sure the club will not sell to anyone who lives in tire 3 

9 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

A ballot

I guess the club could send out an email to all season ticket holders asking if they are interested in going and then do a ballot on all who say yes, dose look like a fair few are not interested in going , plus the level 3 people who can't go maybe a lot less than 12k in it,

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

But I was responding to someone (presumably a ST holder) complaining that was pretty much the plan with ST holders trying to purchase a ticket when just available to them.

So some SC holders will miss out because they can’t get online or demand is too high?

I suppose you could let all SC holders apply for a ticket then have a draw to see who’s successful if they're oversubscribed. Problem then is you may not know which seat you’ll end up in when you put in the request - and collecting the money would be complicated.

Not sure there is a manageable solution that suits everyone. There might be less ‘oversubscription’ if the club only allows sales to people from Tier 2...