IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

15 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Again, that’s guidance. The legislation doesn’t say an individual can’t go to a pub or a football game or, as far as I can see, that a pub or football club can only accept the custom of someone from a suitable Tier.

Sticking to Tier 3 rules in Tier 1 means, for instance, that you couldn’t be part of a group of 6 people from different households indoors, which Tier 1 allows but Tier 3 doesn’t.

Now it wouldn’t surprise (or annoy) me if businesses looking to comply with the spirit of the guidance, including BCFC, chose to limit their customers to those in particular tiers so as not to encourage unnecessary travel. But I haven’t yet seen any law that requires them to do so.

I believe its the law, rather than just guidance, otherwise pubs would just open in tier 3 if its only guidance. 

Any the wording in this isn't guidance, it's you must not XYZ. The only guidance is that it's a guide to what you can and cannot do. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-restriction-tiers-what-you-need-to-know

9 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

As far as I can see, tier 3 restrictions are enforcable by law: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1105/part/3/made

The guidance is clear, you should not travel to or from tier 3 unless essential e.g. work/education/care. If you're not sure, they are here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-3-very-high-alert

I don't want this to come across like I'm personally attacking your decision, but just because someone's observed the rules that are in place doesn't give someone a pass to break one when they decide they've had enough. We've all had enough. That said, obviously common sense dictates that the exact scenario you described would be "safe" and you'd be unlikely to get caught. 

Also your note about the pub is wrong too. Someone should not be travelling from tier 2 to tier 3 to go to a pub. It may sound silly if it's at the end of the road, but if everyone did it then what would be the point of the restrictions?

As for the distinction between watching sport and travelling for leisure, again, you're not allowed to do either from tier 3 to 2 or vice versa. Again, you can only cross those tiers for specific reasons and watching sport or leisure is not one of them. The note about following your own tier rules if you do travel is for those people travelling for the specific reasons. E.g. if you travel from a tier 3 to a tier 2 for work, you shouldn't then go to the pub or somewhere in that area that you couldn't do in your own.

Tier 2 restrictions specifically say you should not travel to Tier 3, but that you can travel within your tier or to tier 1 (however you'd follow your tier 2 resrictions in those areas e.g. you could travel to cornwall but you couldn't go inside with a group of 6 people)

I think if you look at the the “Latest available” version, the SI you’ve linked to has actually been superseded by later legislation (it's not been easy to keep up this year). To be fair much of the wording in later legislation is the same - but I don’t believe the legislation says the things you ascribe to it.

I don't feel attacked - no issue there; and I set out what I did to explain my thinking rather than to justify it. I agree that keeping to the rules for a certain period of time doesn’t give me a pass to break them occasionally when it suits me.

I’m also not someone who would generally look to find loopholes in the law to exploit. It’s clear what the intention is. But ultimately I have to do what the law says, not what the guidance does; and as I’ve explained, on this occasion I’ll probably stick to the law rather than the guidance (I hadn’t quite decided earlier, but had a conversation with my wife this evening). 

Anyway, I need to sign off now, as I have work, involving a 6.30 alarm, tomorrow morning. Thanks for engaging.

In the current climate, the club would be wise not to sell tickets to supporters in Tier 3, simply as they have to be seen to be complying with current rules, and failure to do so could mean added restrictions in future. Remember, you can cram into Cribbs Causeway safely, but socially distanced football supporting is dangerous.

3 minutes ago, lager loud said:

I think if you look at the the “Latest available” version, the SI you’ve linked to has actually been superseded by later legislation (it's not been easy to keep up this year). To be fair much of the wording in later legislation is the same - but I don’t believe the legislation says the things you ascribe to it.

I don't feel attacked - no issue there; and I set out what I did to explain my thinking rather than to justify it. I agree that keeping to the rules for a certain period of time doesn’t give me a pass to break them occasionally when it suits me.

I’m also not someone who would generally look to find loopholes in the law to exploit. It’s clear what the intention is. But ultimately I have to do what the law says, not what the guidance does; and as I’ve explained, on this occasion I’ll probably stick to the law rather than the guidance (I hadn’t quite decided earlier, but had a conversation with my wife this evening). 

Anyway, I need to sign off now, as I have work, involving a 6.30 alarm, tomorrow morning. Thanks for engaging.

Just spoke to my mate who's a copper. So breaking tier rules comes under the Health Protection Regulations 2020. So it is law. So that means a tier 3 cannot go to AG, or pubs etc in lower tiers.

However you can meet people outside in tier 3 (didnt check that with the copper) in public places I expect, so doubt you'll have an issue there. Plus you're taking precautions anyway. 

Edited by Selred

14 minutes ago, Selred said:

I believe its the law, rather than just guidance, otherwise pubs would just open in tier 3 if its only guidance. 

Any the wording in this isn't guidance, it's you must not XYZ. The only guidance is that it's a guide to what you can and cannot do. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-restriction-tiers-what-you-need-to-know

No, some of it is law, including bits which prohibit pubs from opening in Tier 3.

Not all of what you’ve linked to is couched in terms of ‘must’; and it was noticing that some of the guidance didn’t say you must do things that set me off to explore what the legislation actually said.

Anyway, work tomorrow, so thanks for the contributions but I really must switch off. I promise to come back on here and own up if I pick up a Fixed Penalty Notice in the Midlands over the weekend because I’m wrong!

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Just spoke to my mate who's a copper. So breaking tier rules comes under the Health Protection Regulations 2020. So it is law. So that means a tier 3 cannot go to AG, or pubs etc in lower tiers.

However you can meet people outside in tier 3 (didnt check that with the copper) in public places I expect, so doubt you'll have an issue there. Plus you're taking precautions anyway. 

Cheers. I still haven’t seen the Tier 3 rule that prevents going to footy, but as I’m not planning to go to the footy I’m not going to worry about that!

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Selred said:

For anyone interested 

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/contents/made

5 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/fans-to-return-to-ashton-gate/

Fans will be able to return to Ashton Gate following the government’s latest announcement regarding local restriction tiers.

Bristol and North Somerset have been reclassified into Tier 2 – High Alert category –meaning that we can welcome back a limited number of supporters into the Stadium for the first time since March 7th this year, starting with the Boxing Day fixture against Wycombe Wanderers (3pm KO).

Details of how to purchase tickets for games will be announced at 12pm on Friday, December 18th with tickets then going on sale at 10am on Monday, December 21st.

City Chief Executive Mark Ashton told fans: “It’s fantastic to be able to welcome you back. Football hasn’t been the same without you. We and Ashton Gate Stadium have had a clear operational plan of how we can welcome fans safely back since the summer and, while it will only be a percentage of our fan base, it’s great news for the city and the club.”

Local restriction tiers are reviewed every two weeks.

Meanwhile, Bristol City Women still hope to have fans back through the gates at Twerton Park for Barclays FAWSL action on Sunday, January 10th.        

The club are working with hosts Bath City FC and local authorities to ensure Twerton Park, which is also in Tier 2, is ready for the return of supporters against Brighton & Hove Albion (2pm KO).

Bristol City Live have been running this poll on twitter as insight too what approach the fans want. 

Will be interesting to see how fan consensus matches up to the reality of the process. 

24 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Latest version appears to be: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/contents

In terms of meeting with your family as you've mentioned I would have thought it would be covered here: 

(2) No person living in the Tier 3 area may participate in a gathering outside that area which—

(a)takes place outdoors in a place which satisfies the conditions in sub-paragraph (4) and consists of more than six people, or
(b)takes place in any other outdoor place and consists of two or more people.

IMO if you have to debate this much about whether it's allowed or not, purely based on intepretation of the law, than common sense says you probably shouldnt do. You're obviously going to, but if everyone made the same choices where would we be? Might as well let everyone do whatever they want?

33 minutes ago, Selred said:

The issue is travelling to that tier 3 area, but I don't know if that's set in law. It's definitely against the guidance and again, it's not about what you can get away with, it's about what you should do.

31 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Cheers. I still haven’t seen the Tier 3 rule that prevents going to footy, but as I’m not planning to go to the footy I’m not going to worry about that!

It would be covered by the fact that you should not travel from Tier 3 to Tier 2 unless essential, that's quite obvious.

Even playing football locally we're not allowed to play against a tier 3 team and anyone from tier 3 in our team isn't allowed to play for us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Latest version appears to be: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/contents

In terms of meeting with your family as you've mentioned I would have thought it would be covered here: 

(2) No person living in the Tier 3 area may participate in a gathering outside that area which—

(a)takes place outdoors in a place which satisfies the conditions in sub-paragraph (4) and consists of more than six people, or

The full section is this (my bold):

Participation in gatherings outdoors

2.—(1) No person may participate in a gathering in the Tier 3 area which—

(2) No person living in the Tier 3 area may participate in a gathering outside that area which—

(3) Sub-paragraphs (1) and (2) do not apply if any of the exceptions set out in paragraph 4 or 6 applies.

(4) A place satisfies the conditions in this sub-paragraph if it is a public outdoor place other than a fairground or a funfair and—

(a)no payment is required by any member of the public to access that place, or

(b)the place falls within one of the following categories—

(i)outdoor sportsgrounds or sports facilities;

(ii)botanical gardens;

(iii)gardens or grounds of a castle, stately home, historic house or other heritage site.

This is clear: you can meet up to six people in public outdoor spaces.

IMO if you have to debate this much about whether it's allowed or not, purely based on intepretation of the law, than common sense says you probably shouldnt do. You're obviously going to, but if everyone made the same choices where would we be? Might as well let everyone do whatever they want?

I’ve only been debating because people have made assertions that are not supported by the legislation I've read; not because I’m unsure about what that legislation means but because there might be some other legislation that I haven’t seen. 

It’s not about letting everyone do what they want but letting people do what they want within the law. If that’s dangerous then the law should be better, although I accept a general moral obligation not to do things that endanger others - but I don’t think this will. I’m intent on not breaking the law.

The issue is travelling to that tier 3 area, but I don't know if that's set in law. It's definitely against the guidance and again, it's not about what you can get away with, it's about what you should do.

I accept this point, but have concluded that there is a low enough risk that this isn’t something I really shouldn’t do. I’m not looking to ignore guidance more broadly.

It would be covered by the fact that you should not travel from Tier 3 to Tier 2 unless essential, that's quite obvious.

And if that was set in law I wouldn’t do it. An interesting side question I’ve only just considered is whether from tomorrow it will still be OK for me to go from South Glos to the Chew Valley/Blagdon lakes, which is something I do quite often (without getting close to anyone else). Certainly not essential.

Even playing football locally we're not allowed to play against a tier 3 team and anyone from tier 3 in our team isn't allowed to play for us.

I haven’t looked at the detail of the laws as they apply to those organising such activities. It wouldn’t surprise me if rules like this are part of the reasonable steps organisers need to take to manage Covid risk - which may be open to interpretation. I would expect organisers to err on the side of caution when coming up with their rules. 

• Like 1

You are suppose to stay in your area if you are a Tier 3 unless it’s esssential.

Otherwise everyone would be going to Cornwall which is Tier 1 but aren’t doing so for they know they aren’t suppose to. 

It’s not Law I believe but guidance only, it is to stop the spread of the virus from one area to another.

Here in Manchester we aren’t allowed to let in fans at my local team who are tier 2 FA rules. Each person has to buy ticket advance so address can be checked.

Midday has come and gone and no word from the club? As @Harrysays, they’ve quite obviously had a plan in place for months, so this is all a bit weird. 

There’s absolutely no way at all that that it was all bollocks and they’re frantically brainstorming still whilst Jon writes down (in crayon, obvs) what the grownups say. 

• Haha 2

• Admin

To give all our current Season Card holders a fair and equal chance to attend one home match as soon as possible following the reclassification of Bristol into COVID-19 restriction Tier 2, the following ticketing procedure will be implemented.

At 10am on Monday, December 21st Season Card holders for the 2020/21 season who are currently receiving refunds will have the opportunity to purchase ONE ticket for ONE of the following games which will be available on the Bristol Sport ticketing site and via 01179 630 600.

• Saturday, December 26th v Wycombe Wanderers (Sky Bet Championship, 3pm KO)
  • Sunday, January 10th v Portsmouth (Emirates FA Cup Round Three, 1.30pm KO)
  • Saturday, January 16th v Preston North End (Sky Bet Championship, 3pm KO)
  • Sunday, January 24th v Huddersfield Town (Sky Bet Championship, 12pm KO)

Sky Bet Championship adult tickets will cost £25 and Under-19s £15 with Emirates FA Cup pricing to be confirmed. Seating will be in the Dolman Stand and the adjacent South Stand corner.   

Please note:

• If, at 10am on Thursday, December 24th, any tickets for each game are unsold then the one-game cap will be lifted and current Season Card holders will be able to purchase more games.
  • If fans are prevented from attending because of a change in the COVID-19 tier restriction for Bristol and games are played behind closed doors then tickets will be transferred to the next game which has not yet been put on sale. Current Season Card holders who cannot make the game they have been re-allocated will be given a refund and their ticket put back on sale.
  • All fans will have to show photographic ID against the name on the ticket to gain entry to Ashton Gate Stadium on matchday.
  • If, on the date of the game, you travel from a Tier 3 area you will not be permitted entry to Ashton Gate Stadium. Please ensure you follow Government guidance regarding movement between tiers.
  • In order to purchase tickets online you will need to ensure you have set up your Bristol Sport Club Account. To do this, please visit login.bristol-sport.co.uk where you can also find an updated step-by-step user guide to help you through setting up your account. Designed to make life easier for you, the Bristol Sport Club Account allows you to use just one single login to purchase tickets, merchandise, watch Robins TV, access the official Bristol City App and keep an eye on your City Rewards balance.

Q & A

Can I book for a group?
There are a number of different groupings and you will be able to pick which size group you want, from one to four, in accordance with social distancing measures. e.g if there are six people in your bubble you could purchase a group of four and a group of two or two groups of three. You will need to ensure each current Season Card holder is noted against each ticket, similar to purchasing for away games. 

I am in arrears on my Season Card payments, can I purchase a ticket?
While we have a significantly reduced capacity, tickets will only be available to Season Card holders who are currently receiving refunds.

I’m not a Season Card holder, will I be able to buy a ticket?
While we have a significantly reduced capacity, tickets will only be available to Season Card holders who are currently receiving refunds.

If I buy a ticket for Preston or Huddersfield Town can I use the Season Card refund due to me for those games towards the cost?
We will continue to refund your Season Card as we currently do, on a month-by-month basis. If you want to attend one of the games, you will need to purchase a ticket separately.

Last season I took a ticketing credit in lieu of a refund, can I use this to buy a ticket for the upcoming games?
Any ticketing credit that is in your account can be used to pay or contribute towards payment for one of the upcoming games.

If I buy a ticket and I can’t attend the game due to illness, self-isolating or the tiers changing what happens?
If you are unable to attend due to testing positive for COVID-19 or self-isolating, refunds will be given up to 48 hours prior to the game. If you are prevented from attending because of a change in the COVID-19 tier for Bristol then tickets will be transferred to the next game that becomes available for sale. Season Card holders that cannot make the game they have been re-allocated will be given a refund and their ticket put back on sale.

I don’t have a phone or printer to print an e-ticket how am I going to get in?
Please contact supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk | 01179 630 600.

Are disabled Season Card holders catered for?
Yes, there are 10 disabled spaces available together with 10 carers.

My Season Card is £15 on the pro-rata rate, why are you asking me to pay £25?
Your season card is being refunded for the seat you paid for but due to COVID-19 you will not be able to sit in this seat. These tickets have been priced separately.

If I have a Season Card in the Dolman or adjacent South Stand corner will I still get my designated seat?
Your season card is being refunded for the seat you paid for but due to COVID-19 you will not be able to sit in this seat. These tickets have been priced separately.

Where will I sit and will I be safe?
Seating will be in the Dolman Stand and the adjacent South Stand corner. We have created a socially distanced seating plan which we believe will keep supporters safe while there will be strict entry times and temperature checks for those attending. Entry will be via the Dolman turnstiles only from Ashton Road.  One-way flow systems will be in place. Please follow the arrows and stewards’ guidance.  Sanitising stations will be in all areas. You should observe steward’s directions for queues if necessary at toilets and concessions. 

Will I have to wear a mask and have my temperature taken?
Temperatures will be taken before entering the Stadium. A temperature of 37.8c or more will mean you cannot enter and should return home and seek medical advice. Masks must be worn at all times except when eating or drinking.

I’m worried that everyone will arrive at once?
Supporters will be given a time slot to arrive. Please observe this as it will allow supporters to take their seats in an orderly manner without crossing over other blocks.

Do I have to bring photo ID?
All fans will have to show picture ID against the name on the ticket to gain entry to the Stadium.

Do I have to sit with my family bubble or can I sit with my mates instead?
You are only permitted to sit within your bubble and in the allocated seats for track and trace purposes.

Will games still be available on Robins TV?
Yes, games will still be available on Robins TV subject to EFL and FA regulations.

Will the Sports Bar be open?
The Sports Bar will only be open to Season Card holders who do not have a match ticket. Table dining is available to book for Season Card holders only to watch available games on the big screen. Alcohol will only be available with a meal.   

What refreshments can I buy?
Concessions will be open to provide a range of food and drink. Please note that, due to Tier 2 restrictions, alcohol will not be sold at any of the concession units.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Midday has come and gone and no word from the club? As @Harrysays, they’ve quite obviously had a plan in place for months, so this is all a bit weird. 

There’s absolutely no way at all that that it was all bollocks and they’re frantically brainstorming still whilst Jon writes down (in crayon, obvs) what the grownups say. 

It's on there.  Just not as important as promoting gambling with Mansion bet so hidden away.

image.thumb.png.5f79faf9f11a857f1e9fa19abd9bd34d.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Back of the net said:

It's on there.  Just not as important as promoting gambling with Mansion bet so hidden away.

It’s odd, Mansion Bet seem to be being much more heavily pushed than Dunder, Lancer Scott and Hirerite ever were  

Edited by CyderInACan

• Admin
8 minutes ago, stoke giiford red said:

So a adult season ticket seat in the SS which worked out at around £18 will now cost £25?

Glad I'm in tier 3

No because you will be sat in the Dolman Stand not the South Stand

19 minutes ago, Back of the net said:

Appeared at 1:30pm, ironically 90 minutes late - like some of our players starting this season

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, stoke giiford red said:

So a adult season ticket seat in the SS which worked out at around £18 will now cost £25?

Glad I'm in tier 3

It’s £16 per match actually which is what I am being refunded so I would have to pay £9 more to get a ticket.

With all the other restrictions watching on RobinsTV looks more fun!

Edited by One Team

31 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Kids I get, but what makes you say a pensioner is any less likely to have photo id than someone in their 40's?

I’m guessing it could be quite a few, percentage wise. Some adults won’t have any photo ID either. Just wondering how that will pan out if ID must be shown by everyone.

Maybe it’s a question the club could ask when selling the tickets?

Edited by RedLionLad