IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

7 hours ago, lager loud said:

It sounds to me like you’re determined to do what you want and finding a way to justify it.

the guidelines we’re all living by are pretty clear. “I’ve decided what I want to do is low risk” is your name Dominic Cummings?

I’m just glad not everyone is deciding to do what they fancy based on their own idea of what’s right.

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I wonder why they picked the Dolman, rather than the Lansdown. Even with 2K in the Dolman, it will still take bloody ages to get out.

Im dont know whether to go or not tbh. Im torn

Logistics I’d imagine. With the south stand concourse busy, and the NHS workers testing centre in the car park, They’d probably want to keep people away from those areas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James54De said:

Logistics I’d imagine. With the south stand concourse busy, and the NHS workers testing centre in the car park, They’d probably want to keep people away from those areas. 

Yes good point. That makes sense

I think im giving it a miss. Just doesnt feel right - i think we all know whats coming after Xmas

41 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I wonder why they picked the Dolman, rather than the Lansdown. Even with 2K in the Dolman, it will still take bloody ages to get out.

Im dont know whether to go or not tbh. Im torn

Keeps fans completely away from the Lansdown as Fevs said redzone and only place you could stick people would be the upper tier, kids/older adults getting up the stairs could be tough which would lead to people using lifts which means touching surfaces others have touched etc. Much simpler to just use the Dolman.

• Thanks 1

Side note, standard that city fans are finding anything to complain about, tickets being sold a good £10 cheaper then usual potd prices but complaining because they pay cheaper for somewhere else in the ground which they've been refunded for ? Having a ST has essentially given you access to purchasing the tickets where all other City fans can't all for making an upfront purchase which you're being refunded as we've gone along.

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 4

So just to check I have this right. The club understandably won't let me sit in my season ticket seat so is going to refund me. If I actually want to go to what sounds like the most draconian game of football that would make North Korea look free and democratic then I have to take my refund money plus some more and pay for a ticket to game I have already paid for and been refunded for.

I kind of sympathise with the club but it seems crazy and "rules" mean its a no from me.

We aren't going to be allowed back unrestricted this season so they might as well refund the whole season tick money and be done with it.

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

They’re charging £25 for the FA Cup game with Pompey...

2,000 fans. Still need a lot of stewards, still have to pay for the ticketing system, and have to pay for more cleaners.

More fans, less cost per head for these things.

It's not unreasonable with 2,000 fans. That's only £50,000. AKA about 5 players wages for a week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Side note, standard that city fans are finding anything to complain about, tickets being sold a good £10 cheaper then usual potd prices but complaining because they pay cheaper for somewhere else in the ground which they've been refunded for ? Having a ST has essentially given you access to purchasing the tickets where all other City fans can't all for making an upfront purchase which you're being refunded as we've gone along.

But they are not POTD prices, they are pre purchased tickets. That being said I'm sure the club is struggling and I don't particularly care about the additional cost or the way they are doing it (although it seems crazy from my perspective) it's the rules and lack of interaction that rules me out. 

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

But they are not POTD prices, they are pre purchased tickets. That being said I'm sure the club is struggling and I don't particularly care about the additional cost or the way they are doing it (although it seems crazy from my perspective) it's the rules and lack of interaction that rules me out. 

POTD are usually only a couple of quid more so the tickets are being sold for less then they usually would be if you wanted to sit in those seats, definitely something the club doesn't need to do as they'd probably sell out even if they sold them £10, £15 more etc

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Shoot me down but seems like a pretty fair, straightforward, reasonable approach by the club in difficult circumstances. 

Yes seems fair to me. Seems the social media brigade are up in arms about the cost of tickets but it's hardly a surprise.

Just a had look a few other clubs who seem to be doing similar price wise. 

• Like 2

2000 fans (adult/concession mix) might at best bring in little over £40k per game. After stewarding, cleaning, admin, insurance, this raises bugger all.... and is not going to fund that £10million striker that many will clamour for in January.

If you don't like the prices or the rules, you don't have to go.

But well done the club for giving people the option. Imagine the bedwetting if they didn't.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Shoot me down but seems like a pretty fair, straightforward, reasonable approach by the club in difficult circumstances. 

Absolutely.

The club has had to survive with pretty much no income since March, these prices are not unreasonable & in light of a maximum 2,000 capacity make a lot of sense.

ST holders like me are still being refunded every game, which must be costing the club a fortune.

• Like 2

Just now, GrahamC said:

Absolutely.

The club has had to survive with pretty much no income since March, these prices are not unreasonable & in light of a maximum 2,000 capacity make a lot of sense.

ST holders like me are still being refunded every game, which must be costing the club a fortune.

.....but then if we weren’t being refunded it would be costing us a fortune.

• Confused 1

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

POTD are usually only a couple of quid more so the tickets are being sold for less then they usually would be if you wanted to sit in those seats, definitely something the club doesn't need to do as they'd probably sell out even if they sold them £10, £15 more etc

I'd disagree, POTD prices are usually a heck of an increase.

But that aside I agree this is not a bad outcome from the club for those wishing to go

I get £19.13 back refunded per game, so its only actually costing me £5.87 for a ticket

20 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Or you could actually read it all

Sky Bet Championship adult tickets will cost £25 and Under-19s £15 with Emirates FA Cup pricing to be confirmed

Update: pricing has now been agreed for our @EmiratesFACup third round tie with Portsmouth.

? Adult tickets will cost £25 and Under-19s £15.

Nice one Lrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr