IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

• Admin
4 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Presumably with the relaxation of rules now for Xmas Day only, Will fans not now be allowed in the Gate on Boxing Day ?

These are completely different to those impacting crowds returning 

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I doubt it now - Bristol will probably go back into Tier 3 I should think.

Why?

Tier ratings are only changing for London and South East

2 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Bristol just reverts to tier 2 Boxing Day so carry on as normal (as long as Wycombe allowed to travel)

Glad someone else was paying attention 

Surely these new announced measures are an indication that no fans will be returning to games? And if football still allows it, why would people want to risk it? Zero chance of containing this new variant of the virus by verbally telling people to stay in their area especially if they spotted signs of this back in November. Very worrying and hopefully the Vaccine works against this new strain. 

• Admin
6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Surprised by the negativity (well maybe shouldn’t be, it is OTIB!).  Club has had zero income for months. £25 for an adult ticket is reasonable.  

Way I look at it, I get a refund of £19.13 for the upcoming games, if I chose to go my ticket is £25, but with the refund I'm only actually paying £5.87 for the ticket 

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Not sure if mentioned but Jake What might tested positive with covid apparently. So our game with them in doubt.

Who's Jake what might? 

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

These are completely different to those impacting crowds returning 

Why?

Tier ratings are only changing for London and South East

Glad someone else was paying attention 

Realistically though Bristol won't be returning to T2 if this new strain is as concerning and spreading as quickly as they are making out. Suspect Bristol will be back in to either T3 or 4 in a few weeks. Especially when large numbers of people are going to pay no attention to these new rules and travel/stay with family and friends over Christmas regardless.

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Surely these new announced measures are an indication that no fans will be returning to games? And if football still allows it, why would people want to risk it? Zero chance of containing this new variant of the virus by verbally telling people to stay in their area especially if they spotted signs of this back in November. Very worrying and hopefully the Vaccine works against this new strain. 

Why, it's ONLY TIER 4 where restrictions are changing.

As for the rest of your points, listen to the experts at Portdon Down they've already answered those questions.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Realistically though Bristol won't be returning to T2 if this new strain is as concerning as they are making out. Suspect Bristol will be back in to either T3 or 4 in a few weeks. Especially when large numbers of people are going to pay no attention to these new rules and travel/stay with family and friends over Christmas regardless.

No evidence to back this, it's important to add this is your personal opinion and not backed by any facts

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Why, it's ONLY TIER 4 where restrictions are changing.

As for the rest of your points, listen to the experts at Portdon Down they've already answered those questions.

My point is I don't think they'll be able to contain it (en mass) to just the areas in T4 (hope they can) and it'll spread further resulting in more infections. 

Fingers crossed the research going on confirms the vaccine can also work against this new strain.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’d agree you’ll be right and the Wycombe game will be the only opportunity for fans to see live football for a decent while. All my opinion of course as well! 

If the rumours of total lockdown immediately after Xmas are true, the other 3 games being touted as admitting fans, just wont happen. Is it really worth going through all the procedural nightmares, for the club, just for one game?

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

I’d agree you’ll be right and the Wycombe game will be the only opportunity for fans to see live football for a decent while. All my opinion of course as well! 

I fear you`ll be proved correct - I`m resigned now to not getting back to AG this season. It`s the speed of everything and the constant one step forward and two steps back that`s making a mess of it all. Bristol may well be supposedly going back to Tier 2 but that could change in an instant if the figures do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I fear you`ll be proved correct - I`m resigned now to not getting back to AG this season. It`s the speed of everything and the constant one step forward and two steps back that`s making a mess of it all. Bristol may well be supposedly going back to Tier 2 but that could change in an instant if the figures do.

Well yes, thems the rules and have been for weeks and there is every likelihood that as soon as rules are relaxed, numbers will go up again if people aren’t sensible. 

but nothing announced today has an impact on Boxing Day in Bristol

4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Well yes, thems the rules and have been for weeks and there is every likelihood that as soon as rules are relaxed, numbers will go up again if people aren’t sensible. 

but nothing announced today has an impact on Boxing Day in Bristol

I think Boxing Day will be OK but after that, who knows? As you say, we`re relying on people being sensible- will they be?

On 18/12/2020 at 15:31, Lew-T said:

They’re charging £25 for the FA Cup game with Pompey...

On 18/12/2020 at 15:38, Selred said:

2,000 fans. Still need a lot of stewards, still have to pay for the ticketing system, and have to pay for more cleaners.

More fans, less cost per head for these things.

It's not unreasonable with 2,000 fans. That's only £50,000. AKA about 5 players wages for a week.

Isn't cup gate receipts normally shared, dont know if that's still going to happen in this circumstance but if they have to do all that and share the receipts then you have to wonder if its even worth opening up to fans? I bet they'll actually profit very little from it

8 hours ago, Henry said:

Can I book to go with a mate or does it have to be my household?

Most team's terms I've seen are household only. Haven't seen City's though as I cant go but I'm sure it must be answered on the website

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Presumably with the relaxation of rules now for Xmas Day only, Will fans not now be allowed in the Gate on Boxing Day ?

Why? That was Xmas bubble, nothing to do with football rules.

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

They shouldn't be, but that's another argument I guess. If we're told it's so bad that everyone's xmas plans need to be changed again then I just don't understand the allowance of fans returning to football. You can see your family on Xmas day only but the next day you can go to football? Madness.

I was told on here football was "covid safe" because of the restrictions in place, but you watch on the TV and the distancing looks suspect, people have their masks off or round their chins and they're singing/shouting which they're told not to. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Most team's terms I've seen are household only. Haven't seen City's though as I cant go but I'm sure it must be answered on the website

Why? That was Xmas bubble, nothing to do with football rules.

They shouldn't be, but that's another argument I guess. If we're told it's so bad that everyone's xmas plans need to be changed again then I just don't understand the allowance of fans returning to football. You can see your family on Xmas day only but the next day you can go to football? Madness.

I was told on here football was "covid safe" because of the restrictions in place, but you watch on the TV and the distancing looks suspect, people have their masks off or round their chins and they're singing/shouting which they're told not to. 

Spot on, completely share your concerns.  I think more people need to be making responsible, sensible decisions here.  Appreciate there are lots of people who have lost confidence in the Government and will happily stick 2 fingers up to whatever they announce but this is different and impacts everyone.  Society needs to do more. It's not a difficult decision to make. 

If the experts (and I mean scientists and doctors not politicians) are advising to reduce Christmas to 1 day (and i'm sure they would prefer to stop that), then the question of attending a football match shouldn't even be in people's minds as a sensible thing to do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

My friend didn't have a driving licence with a photo on it for years, or a passport and she was in her 40s. It is possible

im 56 with no photo id. went to post office to send off all the bumf for a photo licence in my 40s,lady on counter said not to bother as my paper one was valid until i was 70 therefore wouldnt need to renew until then

• Like 2

Couple of things. 
First, I was quite surprised to see that City were putting 4 games on sale at the same time. 
Tier 2 begins 19th Dec for Bristol. South Glos Tier 3, due to be reviewed 2nd Jan. 

In that time until the South Glos review, we only have 1 match, on 26th Dec. The next matches are 10/1, 16/1 & 24/1. 

So, by the time 2nd Jan comes round, South Glos residents could be allowed in, but the limited tickets will likely have already gone. Right up til the end of Jan. Hardly seems fair to South Glos fans. 

Conversely, the 2nd Jan review may even see Bristol back in Tier 3, so tickets would then have been unnecessarily sold for games up 3 weeks later! Not sure why they don’t just sell tickets for the current review period. 

Anyway, 2nd point is following today’s announcement. I’m actually quite staggered that, if we are currently in such a dangerous position that people can’t meet more than 1 person outside, nor have any family to their house for Xmas, that football is still going ahead. Seems like utter madness to me. 
As someone said above, you can’t pop over your mums for Xmas dinner but next day you can sit in a stadium for 2-3 hours with 2,000 strangers. 
If this latest strain is so potent and worrying, then I’m amazed football is even allowed to continue, let alone having fans in. It’s not exactly ‘essential’ is it really. 
I don’t wanna be a party-pooper here, but it just makes no sense to me how you can do 1 thing with thousands of strangers but can’t do another thing with 1 member of your family. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4