IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

28 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Do you think it was a coincidence that the Nightingale Hospital in London was closed.... it was never used !

The Nightingale Hospitals re; intended use was a flawed concept..

Barely enough ITU staff available to man units in general hospitals.

They could've/should be used to ease pressures on hospitals in the general sense..

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Football will certainly be suspended pretty soon.  There’s a reasonable chance that either Luton or Brentford will be our last match this season.  It’s going to be truly horrific for the next few months and they may just have to cut and run at some point.

Why oh why do you keep bleating on the same thing, have you not read any of the posts above that show the numbers in the game are all very low?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, markcarter said:

Football will certainly be suspended pretty soon.  There’s a reasonable chance that either Luton or Brentford will be our last match this season.  It’s going to be truly horrific for the next few months and they may just have to cut and run at some point.

Do you get a kick out of posting this nonsense all the time?  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I find it a bit weird that they’re stopping kids going back to school, but football can carry on as normal. 
That’s the kinda shit that gets me triggered. ? 

You trying to apply logic again Harry!!

They keep opening up and locking down things in the wrong order.  It’s almost like they couldn’t give a sh1t.

34 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Specifically on whether fans can return- or not!

A few might be interested in this, experiment going on or planned anyway in Holland.

https://www.wionews.com/world/spray-experiment-in-netherlands-biggest-football-stadium-could-bring-back-crowds-348567

I think for the next couple of months at least crowds being back will be off the menu completely.  

Yep. 
Lockdown 2.0 is coming. 
Let’s face it, the November lockdown was just a Lockdown shandy. 
This one will be proper again. 

But....will it? 

If they’re gonna have to go for a strict national lockdown again, and they’re gonna close schools, then they need to do it properly and go the whole hog. 

If my kids school is closing, then fine. But if people are still flying in and out of the country, playing football, going to The Range/B&Q etc, allowed to ‘protest’ etc etc, then I’ll be ******* angry. 

If they have to do it, do it properly. If it’s piecemeal, then there’s no ******* point. If my kids education has to be put on pause, then so does football, holidaying, browsing diy stores etc. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. 
Lockdown 2.0 is coming. 

But....will it? 

If they’re gonna have to go for a strict national lockdown again, and they’re gonna close schools, then they need to do it properly and go the whole hog. 

If my kids school is closing, then fine. But if people are still flying in and out of the country, playing football, going to The Range/B&Q etc, allowed to ‘protest’ etc etc, then I’ll be ******* angry. 

If they have to do it, do it properly. If it’s piecemeal, then there’s no ******* point. If my kids education has to be put on pause, then so does football, holidaying, browsing diy stores etc. 

What on earth have you ever seen done by Boris to suggest he’ll ever do anything properly?

He leads by leaving decisions too late... when all other alternatives have gone, so he can just say “this was the best option available” when in reality it’s the only one because all other options have sailed off into the night... see covid, Brexit, etc. 

I’ll see you in B&Q. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. 
Lockdown 2.0 is coming. 

But....will it? 

So not actually announced yet?

So he is the latest in the MarcusX to keep repeating something until it becomes real?

I like the bold line above, interested that you have used it many times now

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

What on earth have you ever seen done by Boris to suggest he’ll ever do anything properly?

He leads by leaving decisions too late... when all other alternatives have gone, so he can just say “this was the best option available” when in reality it’s the only one because all other options have sailed off into the night... see covid, Brexit, etc. 

I’ll see you in B&Q. 

Spot on, and he'll announce it, "With a very heavy heart." 

As The Guardian's brilliant Marina Hyde recently wrote: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/01/boris-johnson-victim-emotions 

But mainly, we are forever being subjected to self-dramatising speeches about the latest virus measures he hates, to which the only dignified response is: I couldn’t care less how it all makes you feel. You’re the prime minister. The people listening are the ones you’re supposed to lead, not your psychotherapist.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Down Town said:

So not actually announced yet?

So he is the latest in the MarcusX to keep repeating something until it becomes real?

I like the bold line above, interested that you have used it many times now

No, not announced yet. But the narrative this afternoon, and multiple press speculation (often founded on government insiders) certainly suggests that much stricter measures are going to be announced at 8pm tonight. 

As for the bit in bold, ie school closures, which you correctly say I’ve mentioned a few times. I’ll fully explain myself. 

I have a daughter in primary school. I view primary school as the most important function in early years development in children - not just in an educational sense, but in a socio sense. It’s where they learn friendship, relationships, how to interact with people, how to conduct themselves, learn right and wrong and discipline, consequences of actions, essentially it’s where they learn to ‘live’, how to become part of a social society. 
Early years education is the most important thing in this country. If you don’t have primary age children able to learn all of those socio-skills, then in 10 years time you’re gonna have a cohort of kids who don’t know how to function with each other, and from that you will lead on to increased mental health problems, increased drug dependancy, increased crime, increased poverty, etc etc. 

During lockdown 1, I saw the impact the lack of proper education, but more crucially, interaction with other children, had on my daughter. 
She began to stutter. Began to lose self-confidence. Began to behave poorly. Nothing extreme, just little signs here and there that if the lockdown went on much longer, there would be bigger problems. 

So, given that primary education, in my view, is the single most important thing for a functioning society, I would be incredibly disappointed if our children are once again denied their schooling, whilst a bunch of footballers could still kick a ball about, a bunch of celebs can pop off to Dubai for the week, a bunch of over-politicised gits can ‘protest’ or ‘march’ for whatever cause takes their ire this week, a bunch of bored folks can pop to B&Q to fill their time with unnecessary house adjustments etc etc. 

I’m 100% NOT in favour of lockdowns. However, if you HAVE to do it, then you have to do it properly. No leeway, no excuses, no ‘you can meet 3 people in a park as long as you have a poodle’ nonsense. 
Closing schools should be THE absolute last resort. If it’s 1 in it needs to be all in. If schools have to close then everything needs to close - sport, shops, borders, everything. Otherwise, we’ll be back in the same situation in 2 months time ad-infinitum. 

I hope that explains my position for you. ?

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Harry said:

No, not announced yet. But the narrative this afternoon, and multiple press speculation (often founded on government insiders) certainly suggests that much stricter measures are going to be announced at 8pm tonight. 

As for the bit in bold, ie school closures, which you correctly say I’ve mentioned a few times. I’ll fully explain myself. 

I have a daughter in primary school. I view primary school as the most important function in early years development in children - not just in an educational sense, but in a socio sense. It’s where they learn friendship, relationships, how to interact with people, how to conduct themselves, learn right and wrong and discipline, consequences of actions, essentially it’s where they learn to ‘live’, how to become part of a social society. 
Early years education is the most important thing in this country. If you don’t have primary age children able to learn all of those socio-skills, then in 10 years time you’re gonna have a cohort of kids who don’t know how to function with each other, and from that you will lead on to increased mental health problems, increased drug dependancy, increased crime, increased poverty, etc etc. 

During lockdown 1, I saw the impact the lack of proper education, but more crucially, interaction with other children, had on my daughter. 
She began to stutter. Began to lose self-confidence. Began to behave poorly. Nothing extreme, just little signs here and there that if the lockdown went on much longer, there would be bigger problems. 

So, given that primary education, in my view, is the single most important thing for a functioning society, I would be incredibly disappointed if our children are once again denied their schooling, whilst a bunch of footballers could still kick a ball about, a bunch of celebs can pop off to Dubai for the week, a bunch of over-politicised gits can ‘protest’ or ‘march’ for whatever cause takes their ire this week, a bunch of bored folks can pop to B&Q to fill their time with unnecessary house adjustments etc etc. 

I’m 100% NOT in favour of lockdowns. However, if you HAVE to do it, then you have to do it properly. No leeway, no excuses, no ‘you can meet 3 people in a park as long as you have a poodle’ nonsense. 
Closing schools should be THE absolute last resort. If it’s 1 in it needs to be all in. If schools have to close then everything needs to close - sport, shops, borders, everything. Otherwise, we’ll be back in the same situation in 2 months time ad-infinitum. 

? ?? 

couldn’t agree more , it needs to be strict and it needs to be enforced and with the vacancies it has to be the last one if it takes 8 weeks it takes 8 weeks 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d just like honesty and transparency behind the decision...and clear rules for going into / coming out of lockdown.

What you get is lies and vested interests in the decision making, total misaligned strategies, e.g. stop infection vs financial compensation packages, e.g. CJRS, BBLS etc....and they plump for some half arsed solution that solves nothing.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1