IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@Harry at this moment

anger rage GIF

I’ve lost a fair bit of weight since then ?

But you’re right. I am ******* angry. 
More positive Covids among 30 or so people at BCFC than there has been in my school or many hundreds!! 
More positives today with Derby cancelling. Loads of teams have had positives. Players regularly flouting rules. 
Yet they can carry on as normal whilst our children suffer ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55540397

if the number was worked out using the governments reporting methods that is 1758 per 100,000

England is an average of 525 per 100,000 at the moment.

But according to the PL there procedures are working (even though players seem to ignore them).

How many of that 40 are infecting family and friends without knowing it.

Edited by wayne allisons tongues
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

if the number was worked out using the governments reporting methods that is 1758 per 100,000

But according to the PL there procedures are working (even though players seem to ignore them).

Ridiculous isn’t it. That football is still being played. 
Utterly ridiculous. 

23 hours ago, Down Town said:

So not actually announced yet?

So he is the latest in the MarcusX to keep repeating something until it becomes real?

I like the bold line above, interested that you have used it many times now

Hey? Think you mean @markcarter

I'm not sure I've kept repeating anything that wasn't true - but regardless, at the point this was posted it had already been leaked that lockdown was coming, it was obvious.

• Admin
2 hours ago, markcarter said:

One in 50 people is currently infected across the country. 1.1 million people.  One in 30 in London.  And the numbers continue to increase.  Many football bubbles have already been breached.  Ludicrous to think that bubbles are secure and sustainable with this level of infection.  Very irresponsible to continue in that context.

I would be interested to know how many clubs are affected by these numbers provided.

Taking just the Premier League figures;

Between 28 and 31 December, there were 28 new positive tests, and 12 more found between 1 and 3 January.

The previous high was 18 positive results from 21 to 27 December.

Are these spread over one or two clubs, or a small number over a larger number of clubs?

That would indicate if the numbers are a problem withing the elite clubs spreading or not

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Saw this article in my inbox. Bit of a look at how football might be impacted moving forward.

https://offthepitch.com/a/will-football-suffer-long-covid?

Unsure if it's talking just UK or a wider picture.

If things are put back to normal then fans will come back quickly if the team is doing well. They always do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I would be interested to know how many clubs are affected by these numbers provided.

Taking just the Premier League figures;

Between 28 and 31 December, there were 28 new positive tests, and 12 more found between 1 and 3 January.

The previous high was 18 positive results from 21 to 27 December.

Are these spread over one or two clubs, or a small number over a larger number of clubs?

That would indicate if the numbers are a problem withing the elite clubs spreading or not

I'm sure that, when they were testing during the restart in the summer and gave the figures, they used to say how many clubs were affected.

We need to know that before we can draw too many conclusions out of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is true, winning sides will always find it easier in this respect.

On a wider scale, Global economy has had a massive shock, how many will be able to justify the cost- might we get cheaper ticket prices moving forward. For a time anyway.

Unlikely I would think - especially the higher leagues.

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Might attendances and revenues be hit then?

Massive economic shocks and the aftereffects don't tend to just disappear but maybe this will be a rare exception.

Not at top end - demand is huge at top clubs. As you go down leagues you might find things drop off a bit.

9 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

The true rate in England is likely to be around 2,000 in 100,000. So the PL testing probably displays that it is pretty aligned with the woder population.

6 hours ago, James54De said:

The true rate in England is likely to be around 2,000 in 100,000. So the PL testing probably displays that it is pretty aligned with the woder population.

We also need to consider the effect of Long Covid on some players. I have a relative (a fit 44 year old) had Covid in March and is still suffering from some breathlessness and the inability to play the sport he played to the same level before he became ill.

51 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

We also need to consider the effect of Long Covid on some players. I have a relative (a fit 44 year old) had Covid in March and is still suffering from some breathlessness and the inability to play the sport he played to the same level before he became ill.

Conspiracy theory here. Maybe one of our players has it. Joe Williams for example. His return date keeps getting extended month by month.

Not all players are open to announcing  that they have Covid and the club respects that by coming up with a cover story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gifford said:

Conspiracy theory here. Maybe one of our players has it. Joe Williams for example. His return date keeps getting extended month by month.

Not all players are open to announcing  that they have Covid and the club respects that by coming up with a cover story.

Wouldn’t surprise me , and has crossed by mind

Newcastle have two out still trying to recover post CoVid and only recently revealed that 

For elite athletes any post CoVid will have a significant impact

Walsh,  if anyone , would be my guess