IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

6 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wouldn’t surprise me , and has crossed by mind

Newcastle have two out still trying to recover post CoVid and only recently revealed that 

For elite athletes any post CoVid will have a significant impact

Walsh,  if anyone , would be my guess

Imagine if he caught it from being at their title celebrations in the streets

2 hours ago, Gifford said:

Conspiracy theory here. Maybe one of our players has it. Joe Williams for example. His return date keeps getting extended month by month.

Not all players are open to announcing  that they have Covid and the club respects that by coming up with a cover story.

Interesting thought, possibly Walsh too? 

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a reasonable theory actually - Steve Bruce was fairly public about Lascelles and Saint-Maximin having long covid last week. Apparently both have been under the weather for ages, both suffering with extreme fatigue and severe mouth ulcers.

Indeed. Yeah surprised Bruce came out with that, I'm sure he was just trying to spread awareness and shed some light on why they weren't returning. This is a bit of a stretch and slightly tinhat of me but It could be possibly career damaging being public because long covid effects are fairly unknown and for all we know their careers could be over. Their fitness levels may never be the same. 

Edited by Sturny

3 hours ago, Gifford said:

Conspiracy theory here. Maybe one of our players has it. Joe Williams for example. His return date keeps getting extended month by month.

Not all players are open to announcing  that they have Covid and the club respects that by coming up with a cover story.

Interesting shout.

I don't know whether I necessarily agree but it would make a lot of sense.

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Wouldn’t surprise me , and has crossed by mind

Newcastle have two out still trying to recover post CoVid and only recently revealed that 

For elite athletes any post CoVid will have a significant impact

Walsh,  if anyone , would be my guess

Walsh was at the Huddersfield (a) game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

( No evidence to say he has ) 

But wouldn’t stop him attending if he was post CoVid but suffering with post symptoms Tho Dave 

Absolutely, just thinking myself that if he was really suffering badly with longer term Covid issues he wouldn’t be at Huddersfield.

As you say, he could just be struggling to be football fit.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Guessing we aren’t expecting fans back soon if Ashton Gate is now a regional vaccine hub. If we are then not full capacity for quite a while.

Would simply be a case of no cars in the south stand car park, only pedestrian access from that end then a fence up blocking any access to south stand area outside the ground and dividers up inside the concourse to block access. Inside the ground could still be used as the shutters for access to the concourse would be down, would just mean people having to leave through Lansdown stand.

1 minute ago, Lrrr said:

Would simply be a case of no cars in the south stand car park, only pedestrian access from that end then a fence up blocking any access to south stand area outside the ground and dividers up inside the concourse to block access. Inside the ground could still be used as the shutters for access to the concourse would be down, would just mean people having to leave through Lansdown stand.

If you have people in the concourse dong vaccinations, that stand couldn’t be used for as you say shutters would be down and the South Stand would have no access points out of the ground. That I am guessing would be against health and safety if we used it, plus you would have no toilets for people in that stand all would have to go to Dolman or Lansdown.

I am sure ground could be used but deffo couldn’t be full capacity so I am guessing club knows that so are letting it be a vaccination centre. 

You could still have 2k or 4K in but only be in a Dolman and Atyeo for Lansdown may still be off limits due to being red zone.

16 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If you have people in the concourse dong vaccinations, that stand couldn’t be used for as you say shutters would be down and the South Stand would have no access points out of the ground. That I am guessing would be against health and safety if we used it, plus you would have no toilets for people in that stand all would have to go to Dolman or Lansdown.

I am sure ground could be used but deffo couldn’t be full capacity so I am guessing club knows that so are letting it be a vaccination centre. 

You could still have 2k or 4K in but only be in a Dolman and Atyeo for Lansdown may still be off limits due to being red zone.

Oh yeah wouldn't be used but saying I don't think its a case of 'couldn't' be used if they really wanted to.

If COVID did football clubs, I feel like it would be us at the moment. I don't know if it's because it's January, Christmas is over, we're back in lockdown, too many people in society just don't care about COVID or what but nothing positive seems to be coming out of our club right now - from top to bottom.

Even the great news about the Vaccine rollout is tainted because you just know this Government will funk it up and take 10 times as long to do it.

I did think hearing Mawson nearly back would be a big boost, but I just feel like it's pre-emting his inevitable next long term injury during his first game back.

Any positives I might have missed?

Maybe I should just make like a bear and hibernate until Summer.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Mark Kelly has confirmed that the club is in a position to keep the South Stand seperate and still operate the stadium with neither impacted

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The club are telling us excitedly that it's Semenyo's 21st birthday today and we can all wish him a Happy Birthday on facebook!

Rejoice! :banana:

As if news of Semenyo's 21st wasn't enough @Loco Rojo, here's something else to cheer us all up.

Our beloved Ashton Gate this afternoon!

136133270_677025562965588_4325983667171192921_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_ohc=iyla1tEIS7YAX9QFPkU&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&tp=6&oh=dc6cffcd4f3dc030c43bf3a6906d2ce0&oe=601D8737

:shocking: :grr:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Guessing we aren’t expecting fans back soon if Ashton Gate is now a regional vaccine hub. If we are then not full capacity for quite a while.

Fairly obviously there wont be any fans in the ground any time soon, we're in lockdown. At least March I expect until we see most non-essential things open up again

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Fairly obviously there wont be any fans in the ground any time soon, we're in lockdown. At least March I expect until we see most non-essential things open up again

As a regional hub and one end of the ground out of use (shutters down no exits) and it is going to take around a year to vaccinate everybody in the country (2 million a week 55 million people x2) then there will be no full capacity till the hub is moved. You are looking till Christmas till we get fans in fully at a guess with the hub there.

The club must be getting some good money as a hub to stop 6k (guessing capacity south stand) coming in to games till then. 

2 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

As a regional hub and one end of the ground out of use (shutters down no exits) and it is going to take around a year to vaccinate everybody in the country (2 million a week 55 million people x2) then there will be no full capacity till the hub is moved. You are looking till Christmas till we get fans in fully at a guess with the hub there.

The club must be getting some good money as a hub to stop 6k (guessing capacity south stand) coming in to games till then. 

At the moment there are no plans to vaccinate everybody in the country (well not for quite a while) the idea is to vaccinate the people most a risk first, that should be done in the next 8 weeks, there are more vaccines coming on stream very soon so I think your estimate of Christmas  is very pessimistic to say the least though I don't think we will be going back to the gate this season I will be surprised if fans are not there by the start of next season.

• Like 2