IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

On 14/01/2021 at 17:13, The Bard said:

You would have thought it was more transmissable but, how come City have had more cases than Bristol?  Training grounds about 400 metres apart.  Twice as many rugby players playing a game that as you say involves more close contact.

It's not necessarily the game, its behaviours away from it .  The celebration on the pitch is a clear indication that they aren't taking the rules seriously all the time. 

Fair play to Harry Kane last night making a point of not allowing close celebrations in the team.  Proper leadership clearly lacking at most clubs.

There have been instances in Rugby (I can't remember whether it was Sale or Harlequins) where 15+ players in the same squad have caught it. You mention Harry Kane, James Madison also came up with a celebration that kept his teammates at arms length...........and Antonio did a backstroke that nobody wanted to get near!!

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

There have been instances in Rugby (I can't remember whether it was Sale or Harlequins) where 15+ players in the same squad have caught it. You mention Harry Kane, James Madison also came up with a celebration that kept his teammates at arms length...........and Antonio did a backstroke that nobody wanted to get near!!

It was Sale, but was 3rd October last year

48 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Sale issue was in some part caused by a false negative for one player who then played and it spread rapidly.

That is good news. 

Have clubs tightened up on following the rules or is this trend also true in wider society. 

ok it’s only one week of testing but it’s a hell of a % drop seeing as more players and staff have been tested and returned a very big decrease in positive results. 

onwards and upwards. 

stay safe people we will beat it together. 

• Like 3

On 14/01/2021 at 11:25, Mr Hankey said:

As Nuno said the other day, if football is stopped again, it is unlikely to ever come back, at least the way it was. It's one of the only things keeping me sane & not as miserable as i would be during this pandemic (first world problems). Sure, it could be looked at as being selfish, but when you are locked up with only 1 other person working from home since March, it's the only thing that gives me something to look forward to, otherwise it just feels like you are living to work (i know, thankfully i still have job). Think it's right that elite sports are being given the chance to continue & long may it continue (only my opinion of course, i understand why others would feel differently).

The way we are playing it looks like our players are getting ready for another break they started about 2 months ago 

12 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yeh who was it that every post said it should be stopped because there was so many cases in football. Imagine no sport right now - life bad enough as it is.

At the time, I think his opinion was a valid one - but the insistence that it will stop was rather annoying

Still a bit of a pisstake you've got footballers with fresh haircuts, who is cutting their hair? Are some barbers allowed? Only say it as I know several in the business really struggling, I think many are (illegally) doing home cuts to get by. One friend can't take furlough anymore because he's been in the middle of buying a house for the last 3 months and despite previously saying otherwise, the mortgage company have now said they wont issue a mortgage to someone recieving furlough payments. 

6 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

At the time, I think his opinion was a valid one - but the insistence that it will stop was rather annoying

Still a bit of a pisstake you've got footballers with fresh haircuts, who is cutting their hair? Are some barbers allowed? Only say it as I know several in the business really struggling, I think many are (illegally) doing home cuts to get by. One friend can't take furlough anymore because he's been in the middle of buying a house for the last 3 months and despite previously saying otherwise, the mortgage company have now said they wont issue a mortgage to someone recieving furlough payments. 

Can’t blame them for doing home cuts. People are literally desperate to not lose everything they’ve worked hard for. The whole situation is desperate for millions and must end very quickly now to avoid major long term issues. 

On 15/01/2021 at 22:03, Oldland2 said:

If we can’t use our season ticket to see a game then perhaps we can use it to jump the queue at the gate for the vaccine, Might be the only shot on target we will see this season

Just hope they dont rope the players into administering the jab. If Semenyo does it, he'll aim for the upper arm and jab you in the arse.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I wondered a while ago whether a club would be allowed to employ someone, if say City employed a hairdresser and they were tested as with other staff technically they're going to their place of work

• Like 1

• The title was changed to There is hope that fans will be allowed into football stadiums.
3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Robin, did you ever watch Bristol City when we weren't top half of the Championship (which your friends who are City fans may have forgotten to tell you we have been 90% of this season)?? 

Enjoy life on the park touchline

I will probably need to invest in an umbrella and some warm socks 

Praying EFL might consider a break til Easter if Boris’ roadmap tomorrow allows some fans back in May!  We need some sort of ‘Devine’ intervention to save  us I think listening to Kalas’ totally shot IV yesterday.  Would give us time to regroup, and appoint  our new saviour !  Probably no chance with TV rights etc but a lot of clubs need the money.  Anything to stop the tailspin!