IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I doubt fans will be allowed back until the entire adult population has be vaccinated. So hopefully next season

I’m not sure if it’ll need to get to that level, but we still have a heck of a lot of people in hospital - only just come under the 1st wave peak in the last few days. Daily admissions are still pretty high

I think that’s a bigger indicator for when large gatherings can/should take place again but will probably be around the same sort of time.

There may be some appetite for really small crowds again, but I’d still think there’s more important things to slowly re-open before that.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to hope for at least some level of crowds in grounds start of next season, if not full capacity

8 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I’m not sure if it’ll need to get to that level, but we still have a heck of a lot of people in hospital - only just come under the 1st wave peak in the last few days. Daily admissions are still pretty high

I think that’s a bigger indicator for when large gatherings can/should take place again but will probably be around the same sort of time.

There may be some appetite for really small crowds again, but I’d still think there’s more important things to slowly re-open before that.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to hope for at least some level of crowds in grounds start of next season, if not full capacity

the government is aiming for june/july so I'm expecting everyone to have it by mid august, which is when imo you can start to reopen the grounds 

1 minute ago, onlyotib said:

Apparently 10k fans allowed back into stadiums. The bad news is tho the season finishes a week before that. Typical altho I’m sure we wouldn’t miss much given the latest within our beloved club. Onwards on upwards I suppose tho

If we carry on playing like we are I think a week after the end of the season is too soon. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, onlyotib said:

Apparently 10k fans allowed back into stadiums. The bad news is tho the season finishes a week before that. Typical altho I’m sure we wouldn’t miss much given the latest within our beloved club. Onwards on upwards I suppose tho

Could very easily be different by August if all adults have their 1st jab by start of August/2nd by start of October, can see 50% crowds by then if not a situation where you just need 2 seats between booked groups.

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Could very easily be different by August if all adults have their 1st jab by start of August/2nd by start of October, can see 50% crowds by then if not a situation where you just need 2 seats between booked groups.

All legal contact limits to be removed on June 21st so I reckon it’s afull steam ahead next season.

Edited by Clevedon Red
  • Like 2

Just now, Clevedon Red said:

All legal contact limits to be removed on June 21st.

Yeah call me sceptical I just don't see it being followed through with permanently until adults are vaccinated, you've got a 90,000 Wembley euro final which is just a recipe for disaster

Just now, Lrrr said:

Yeah call me sceptical I just don't see it being followed through with permanently until adults are vaccinated, you've got a 90,000 Wembley euro final which is just a recipe for disaster

You mean you don’t believe the government who had lead us to the brink......well well well ?

Only time will tell I guess.

5 hours ago, onlyotib said:

I believe (though my understanding may have been superseded by events) it's 10k or 25%- whichever is lower.

For us we'd have been looking at about 6,750.

• Admin
5 hours ago, onlyotib said:

I swear they’ve only announced this to keep fans and clubs happy but really they all no that the season will be finished by then anyway. 

That's proper paranoia that you are convinced the decision was taken to impact supporters of football league clubs

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I believe (though my understanding may have been superseded by events) it's 10k or 25%- whichever is lower.

For us we'd have been looking at about 6,750.

Correct 

If the pilots are successful, "up to 10,000 people or 25% of total seated capacity, whichever is lower" will be allowed in stadiums for sporting events, but not before 17 May.