IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Correct 

If the pilots are successful, "up to 10,000 people or 25% of total seated capacity, whichever is lower" will be allowed in stadiums for sporting events, but not before 17 May.

But then all legal restrictions end June 21st or whatever it is so first game back at Ashton Gate would be restriction free? As they're talking about 90,000 at Wembley

• Admin
9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

But then all legal restrictions end June 21st or whatever it is so first game back at Ashton Gate would be restriction free? As they're talking about 90,000 at Wembley

That is indeed correct - assuming the dates don't get pushed back at any point

Announced today that the 2021/22 season will start on the weekend of 7th August.

Will we be allowed back in the grounds by then?

Pure conjecture; if City are home on the 7th, A 14th, H 21st = away on 28th Balloon festival weekend.

Yep & guess who booked a holiday for that week (Scotland) recently?

Nailed on we will start at home with the following weekend being the balloon fiesta, (not the 28th) so if crowds are back (which seems highly likely) I’ll miss it!

Edited by GrahamC

• Admin
31 minutes ago, 22A said:

Announced today that the 2021/22 season will start on the weekend of 7th August.

Will we be allowed back in the grounds by then?

Pure conjecture; if City are home on the 7th, A 14th, H 21st = away on 28th Balloon festival weekend.

LOL - I love how we literally have the same conversation EVERY year !!

The dates have already been announced when crowds can go back in, so yes

29 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Away games will definitely be a no go..... 

In theory all restrictions end in June if everything goes to plan so away days should be allowed, I mean just waiting for the government to say otherwise though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

PUFC look like they'll be promoted this season and will be playing City in 2021/22.

I live in P'boro' so that makes it a home game for me. ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, phantom said:

Why do you believe that?

ALL restrictions are over in June

Restrictions are to be looked at in June. There is no guarantee they will be fully lifted, that’s why in the roadmap it says potentially. 

There are trial events indoor and outside May, June to see what is possible. (Exhibitions, conferences, concerts  to see if any spreading occurs when contact is close and numbers increase).

Also have to remember that it has been mentioned that restrictions (masks and 2m) may be back Autumn depending on how virus reacts when flu season starts again.

15 hours ago, archie andrews said:

I would say they will almost definitely be the opposite.

Normal life by 21st June. Wouldn't surprise me if sooner based on the data seen so far - even Scotland and Wales are going to announce lifting of restrictions sooner than expected due to it.

Time to get back to having a life again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Normal life by 21st June. Wouldn't surprise me if sooner based on the data seen so far - even Scotland and Wales are going to announce lifting of restrictions sooner than expected due to it.

They always said at the earliest. So 14th June is when they will look into ending social distancing measures at the very earliest. 

15 minutes ago, Selred said:

They always said at the earliest. So 14th June is when they will look into ending social distancing measures at the very earliest. 

They've said a lot of things though (3 weeks to flatten the curve etc). I think if data shows numbers continue to fall off a cliff like they are now due to effect of vaccinations then it would make sense not to delay the inevitable. 

2 hours ago, Selred said:

No they said they would follow the data and if as looks very likely things are going far better than expected then they should follow that date and open things sooner, there was some one on TV from the government yesterday saying that they may only need 2 weeks between the lifting if restrictions now not the 4 they thought, 

3 minutes ago, winsaw said:

No they said they would follow the data and if as looks very likely things are going far better than expected then they should follow that date and open things sooner, there was some one on TV from the government yesterday saying that they may only need 2 weeks between the lifting if restrictions now not the 4 they thought, 

Government website says 'not before x date' for each of the changes

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

Honestly not heard that phrase use

I've heard/seen the phrase used.

But I expect they will want to open early for several reasons - one saves economy a bit and two will help the goldfish voters forget about the mess they have made of last year. The vaccination is starting to do the 2nd already. If they can do it based on the figures dropping off a cliff then I think they should and will.

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Government website says 'not before x date' for each of the changes

The government has already starting spinning themselves out of that it's all about the good data now, they just can't keep the country in lockdown until June if there is hardly any covid well before that, remember we are not going for a zero covid country we have already accepted that it will always be here the government just want it at a level where it kills no more than flu around 10000 a year, 

Also bojo is under a lot of pressure from his own party to speed up the opening, this will only get greater as things keep going better with the jab, 

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yes why not? That is what the vaccine is meant to do else its a waste of time and money. We can't ever have no covid so have to get back on with life asap.

I still think there will be some sort of restrictions until the end of this year for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

I still think there will be some sort of restrictions until the end of this year for sure.

I really hope you are wrong! I can't see justification for why if everyone has been offered vaccine and it works as it is working as it is right now. We know we have to accept x amounts of deaths - people die of all kinds of things and once this has been brought to an acceptable level then we have to accept the risk and carry on else pointless being alive. Might as well just be dead if we aren't willing to risk doing anything except working.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Can anyone really see come August you will for example see 76,000 fans at Old Trafford? 

Yes, that's why restrictions are due to end on June 21st. 

All festivals in the summer have sold out Reading, Leeds, Boardmasters etc. I expect Wembley to be at full capacity for the final stages of the Euros. Fans back in stadiums next season with no restrictions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yes, that's why restrictions are due to end on June 21st. 

All festivals in the summer have sold out Reading, Leeds, Boardmasters etc. I expect Wembley to be at full capacity for the final stages of the Euros. Fans back in stadiums next season with no restrictions.

Hope you are right.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Why? As I've mentioned before on this thread, never will we have such a high % of vaccinated people as this year again. If we can't do it this summer we never will. 

19 hours ago, 22A said:

PUFC look like they'll be promoted this season and will be playing City in 2021/22.

I live in P'boro' so that makes it a home game for me. ?

Do they still have the terrace?

I can remember one of our last trips there going 2-0 up and hanging on for dear life? Was there a red card or two, or one of our players stretchered off, got a bit nasty from what I remember?

5 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

This is where they've tied themselves up a bit. They said it would be data driven not date - then preceeded to set a number of dates for each phase!

By then most "normal" things will be happening, you'll be able to meet upto 29 other people, go to the pub, gather at a house etc the main things left will be the big events. That will depend on testing. There's a big leap from where we'll be at the end of May to suddenly having 90k people in a field for 4 days or 90k at Wembley (we all know what its like cramming on the tube etc round there!)

I think that stage of it will depend on trials and may have to wait, but I can see everything else being pretty "normal" by then with the rate of the numbers

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Honestly not heard that phrase use

The actual wording was no earlier - but the same thing:

Step 4 - not before 21 June

Social contact

By Step 4 which will take place no earlier than 21 June, the government hopes to be in a position to remove all legal limits on social contact.