IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

On 24/07/2021 at 09:35, Henry said:

If you’re right, I’ll be too disabled or dead to come back on here and say you’re right!

My suspicion, is that it will make most people infertile.. 

We’ll see in a few years. Whether I’m right or wrong, i should still be able to choose, if i want to take it or not. Especially has i had my kidneys damaged from something a doctor told me to take. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

What’s my politics got to do with it? 

You are speaking as someone who trusts the vaccine. I do not. I think there is something bigger going on.

Theres shyte in all our food, but i have the choice which foods to have. Some are worse than others.

I’m asking for the freedom to choose. Without any penalty. 

You have the freedom to choose. But it comes with a very well publicised caveat. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

We’ll see in a few years. Whether I’m right or wrong, i should still be able to choose, if i want to take it or not. Especially has i had my kidneys damaged from something a doctor told me to take. 

What’s that based on?

22 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Based on what?

is there any scientific evidence that this could even be possible or just making it up?

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Based on what?

is there any scientific evidence that this could even be possible or just making it up?

It’s not based on anything scientific. How could it be?

I’m not making anything up, I’m making a prediction, that could make me look extremely paranoid if I’m wrong…

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Anti vax idiots really are the worst aren't they ?

Glad they won't be at the gate in October 

It'll be tight to see if it gets through Parliament...people can make a difference either way, lobbying MPs and that.

43 Tory MPs already against, Labour already against- not a done deal...suspect Clubs will lose a proportion of fanbase if it is brought in whether through choice or not being able to go anymore, less fans=less cash for clubs.

Lib Dems will also be against...all else being equal, 43 Tory MPs voting against could see it fail in Parliament.

Out of interest, what's your objection to a) Regular lateral flow Testing as an alternative condition of entry (ie 2 x weekly) or b) "Proof of immunity" aka an antibody Test. There might be other safety measures short of Vaccine or bust too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

This vaccine that has gone through the same tests as the others? Brilliant. 

Theres no point arguing with an anti vaxxer. Look at those dip shits protesting yesterday. ******* cheering killing NHS staff ?

They usually take 5 years before they get approval- clearly 5 years cannot be done in this scenario but any short circuiting brings about an increased risk. Conspiracy? No- possibility? Yes.

Sound Scientific reasons behind the objection to twice weekly LFTs and as a further alternative, proof of Antibody Tests for those who are worried about Long term Health effects? Seems odd this vaccine or bust movement.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They usually take 5 years before they get approval- clearly 5 years cannot be done in this scenario but any short circuiting brings about an increased risk. Conspiracy? No- possibility? Yes.

That's just not true. Vaccines take years (2 to 5 years) to come online mainly due to funding.

The covid vaccine went through every single requirement as the others have, becuase there was money behind it 

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

That's just not true. Vaccines take years (2 to 5 years) to come online mainly due to funding.

The covid vaccine went through every single requirement as the others have, becuase there was money behind it 

Maybe it's different here but one site I read suggested 10-15 years- will re-read it, see if I've misread. Could have had an American bias,

Clearly if money behind it, and if certain red tape can be removed that can shorten it, all the eggs in the Covid vaccines as opposed to the usual range of work- but there's always a valid element of doubt and debate when done at speed- and when I say valid doubt the NHS Nuremberg thing in London was clearly a nonsense.

4 hours ago, Riaz said:

It’s not based on anything scientific. How could it be?

I’m not making anything up, I’m making a prediction, that could make me look extremely paranoid if I’m wrong…

So you’re making a random prediction based on nothing scientific or any evidence? Just completely made up.

Paranoid isn’t the word.

20 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sound Scientific reasons behind the objection to twice weekly LFTs and as a further alternative, proof of Antibody Tests for those who are worried about Long term Health effects? Seems odd this vaccine or bust movement.

This link explains it quite well: https://vaccine.unchealthcare.org/science/vaccine-approval/whats-the-difference-between-fda-emergency-use-authorization-and-fda-approval/

A lot of the delay is usually funding and paperwork and obviously this has been prioritised

Also the emergency approval just means it can be produced whilst still in trial to speed up the process. It still went through all the same trials

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Maybe it's different here but one site I read suggested 10-15 years- will re-read it, see if I've misread. Could have had an American bias,

Clearly if money behind it, and if certain red tape can be removed that can shorten it, all the eggs in the Covid vaccines as opposed to the usual range of work- but there's always a valid element of doubt and debate when done at speed- and when I say valid doubt the NHS Nuremberg thing in London was clearly a nonsense.

They weren't done at speed they aren't brand new inventions. They are adapted vaccines that have been in production/testing for years 

• Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, Riaz said:

Exactly. Welcome to China. 

I respect your right to not have the vaccine or any form of medical treatment that you choose not to take. I think, however, that you’re  way off beam on this one though. This talk of infertility is, if you ask me, the craziest of crazy talk. 

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I respect your right to not have the vaccine or any form of medical treatment that you choose not to take. I think, however, that you’re  way off beam on this one though. This talk of infertility is, if you ask me, the craziest of crazy talk. 

And based on absolutely nothing. 

2 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Anti vax idiots really are the worst aren't they ?

Glad they won't be at the gate in October 

Yep extremely pleased that this will be the case. Wonder what the club will do pre October. Trial run or free for all?  

1 hour ago, BasSavage88 said:

This vaccine that has gone through the same tests as the others? Brilliant.

Firstly, your wrong.

Secondly, never has the whole population been vaccinated or suffer restrictions for not having a vaccine. This is highly suspicious to me. 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

So you’re making a random prediction based on nothing scientific or any evidence? Just completely made up.

Paranoid isn’t the word.

It’s not random. It’s based on my understanding of global politics and the people that run the world…

Paranoid. We’ll see. I’ll be Happy to admit I’m wrong 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

It’s a prediction. I could be totally wrong. I just think it’s off, that everyone is being told to have. Since when did the government ever give a **** about us?

Flammable cladding on flats

Poverty wages

Our young people to die for illegal wars for resources etc

Many parts of the world without basic needs…

But the powerful are gonna make sure we ALL have the vaccine, because they care so much about us all ??‍♂️