IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

Did my post give the impression that I think medically exempt people are the same as the selfish anti-vaxxers?

Those that are medically exempt are clearly not selfish. They are also the same people that will be trapped at home while the selfish anti-vaxxers make it dangerous for those with medical conditions to go out.

I've had the Jab, but the selfish people are the ones forcing young people to have a relatively new technology against their will by peer pressure, the same young people who willmost likely build natural immunity against it...

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

They reduce the spread, not stop it completely. 

Not hard to understand.

So why do we need covid passports? My god..

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, big p said:

They want to track everyone! And given the chance it will turn into the social credit system. Look it up.

If governments wanted to track people, introducing vaccine passports is definitely the way to go. You can then see them for a short amount of time when they attend 1 or 2 events a week. If only there was another far more obvious way of tracking people all of the time, that most people already have in their pockets ?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Did my post give the impression that I think medically exempt people are the same as the selfish anti-vaxxers?

Those that are medically exempt are clearly not selfish. They are also the same people that will be trapped at home while the selfish anti-vaxxers make it dangerous for those with medical conditions to go out.

The post of yours to which I initially replied stated unvaccinated people. No distinction was made, just a blanket reference to unvaccinated people.

1 minute ago, big p said:

So why do we need covid passports? My god..

Jesus. Christ.

Vaccines reduces chances of hospitalisations, and transmission. Notice the key word being reduces.

If everyone is vaccinated, then you have less chance of catching and spreading the virus.

See how that is better? 

3 minutes ago, big p said:

I've had the Jab, but the selfish people are the ones forcing young people to have a relatively new technology against their will by peer pressure, the same young people who willmost likely build natural immunity against it...

I don't think you have the correct definition of the word "selfish" there. Wanting people to take a vaccine to protect others is not a selfish thing.

Could you explain the science behind your theory that young people will build "natural immunity"?

1 minute ago, Redinthehead said:

If governments wanted to track people, introducing vaccine passports is definitely the way to go. You can then see them for a short amount of time when they attend 1 or 2 events a week. If only there was another far more obvious way of tracking people all of the time, that most people already have in their pockets ?

But do you know android and Ios refused the NHS app because there were considerable security flaws...GPS etc... But our government wouldn't do that, would they?

1 minute ago, RiverRed said:

The post of yours to which I initially replied stated unvaccinated people. No distinction was made, just a blanket reference to unvaccinated people.

Are we really stooping to that level of pedantry? It's pretty obvious that I wouldn't have been talking about medically exempt people. 

9 minutes ago, big p said:

They want to track everyone! And given the chance it will turn into the social credit system. Look it up.

They track us anyway (unless you live completely off grid), and can get any info they want about us with a few clicks of a button, so it’s a complete non argument.  It’s just mass paranoia and / or an excuse on your part and every other person who uses this as yet another excuse. 

Just now, big p said:

But do you know android and Ios refused the NHS app because there were considerable security flaws...GPS etc... But our government wouldn't do that, would they?

Did they? It's available on both devices. Given the competency of this governments procurement methods during the pandemic any rejection is more likely to be due to poor coding rather than some conspiracy nonsense.

Personally I've renewed my season ticket and have had two jabs, but in the current circumstances and the crazy Covid numbers in Bristol, I've no plans to go to any matches anytime soon. Mostly because I don't want to risk infecting my elderly disabled mum, or anyone else for that matter.

If entry to football stadia does become conditional on showing a Covid passport, I might reconsider those risks though, especially if the numbers are falling at that stage.

• Like 3

But it doesn't stop it. So what's the point of the passport...

It's really not difficult..

You are right, it's really not difficult. The vaccine reduces the risk of passing on the virus. It is therefore preferable that unvaccinated people do not get together in large groups. See how easy that is to understand?

Just now, BS2 Red said:

Are we really stooping to that level of pedantry? It's pretty obvious that I wouldn't have been talking about medically exempt people. 

Pedantry? I came into the thread at your post. Haven't read 312 pages of it prior to commenting.

2 minutes ago, big p said:

But it doesn't stop it. So what's the point of the passport...

It's really not difficult..

To provide evidence of vaccination to show that you are a much lower risk to others.

Personally I am not entirely comfortable with compulsory passports but their purpose is not difficult to understand.

Just now, lenred said:

They track us anyway (unless you live completely off grid), and can get any info they want about us with a few clicks of a button, so it’s a complete non argument.  It’s just mass paranoia and / or an excuse on your part and every other person who uses this as yet another excuse. 

Thats OK then, Jesus.

2 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Personally I've renewed my season ticket and have had two jabs, but in the current circumstances and the crazy Covid numbers in Bristol, I've no plans to go to any matches anytime soon. Mostly because I don't want to risk infecting my elderly disabled mum, or anyone else for that matter.

If entry to football stadia does become conditional on showing a Covid passport, I might reconsider those risks though, especially if the numbers are falling at that stage.

Yep I’ll not be attending games in the current climate where you don’t have to show proof of vaccination, exemption or negative test.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

You are right, it's really not difficult. The vaccine reduces the risk of passing on the virus. It is therefore preferable that unvaccinated people do not get together in large groups. See how easy that is to understand?

Right, I'll give it another go.

Do you go in pubs supermarkets etc. I presume you don't because they don't use covid passports... if you do then you completely contradict the argument for covid passports .

I'm not talking about vaccines.

Just now, BS2 Red said:

Yes, pedantry. I said "unvaccinated people" in a discussion about vaccine passports and anti-vaxxers. It's pretty clear what was meant.

Well, no it wasn't actually. Anyway, be careful that you don't upset people who can't be vaccinated for whatever reason that might be. 

Yet I have the NHS app on my Android phone. Very handy for booking appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions I find.

I think you may be getting confused with the original government inspired Covid-19 app that was going to be 'world beating' but was junked because it was no good.

Do you go in pubs supermarkets etc. I presume you don't because they don't use covid passports... if you do then you completely contradict the argument for covid passports .

What? I don't think I've ever seen 20,000 people crammed in to Sainsbury's. That doesn't contradict anything.

• Like 1

My wife is at serious risk from covid, so no I'm not going to pubs.

There's not much choice when it comes to supermarkets, we have to eat. 

But me going to a supermarket so we don't starve to death does not invalidate my belief that it's perfectly fine for venues/the government to require people have the vaccine to enter a stadium.

2 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

What? I don't think I've ever seen 20,000 people crammed in to Sainsbury's. That doesn't contradict anything.

If anything all he has done there is make a good argument that we should have covid passports for supermarkets as well. ;) 

1 minute ago, Redinthehead said:

So in a 20k stadium you are sat within 2 meters of everyone? Nope, so how would you get infected.My seat I'm probably sat 10/15 people within 2 meters.

More chance in a pub/supermarket  where there could be a hundred people moving around in very close proximity touching the same stuff...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

My wife is at serious risk from covid, so no I'm not going to pubs.

There's not much choice when it comes to supermarkets, we have to eat. 

But me going to a supermarket so we don't starve to death does not invalidate my belief that it's perfectly fine for venues/the government to require people have the vaccine to enter a stadium.

If anything all he has done there is make a good argument that we should have covid passports for supermarkets as well. ;) 

Oh right, so you're willing to take the chance in a Supermarket when you can get food delivered. But people should always use a passport for churches, cinemas, football stadiums. Hmm.

• Like 1