IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

Just now, RiverRed said:

Referring to unvaccinated people as 'anti-vaxxers' is skating on thin ice. There is a distinction. 

And no one has called those with medical / age exemptions or any other exemptions anti vaxxers as far as I can see - both here and on wider social media? So don’t understand the point being made tbh. 

1 minute ago, big p said:

So in a 20k stadium you are sat within 2 meters of everyone? Nope, so how would you get infected.My seat I'm probably sat 10/15 people within 2 meters.

More chance in a pub/supermarket  where there could be a hundred people moving around in very close proximity touching the same stuff...

To play Devil's advocate here, I doubt many people in supermarkets will be shouting or singing.

The NHS pinger app only contacts you if you've spent 15 minutes or more within 2 metres of an infected person. That's more likely in football than in a supermarket.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big p said:

So in a 20k stadium you are sat within 2 meters of everyone? Nope, so how would you get infected.My seat I'm probably sat 10/15 people within 2 meters.

More chance in a pub/supermarket  where there could be a hundred people moving around in very close proximity touching the same stuff...

And you never go near big crowds in stadiums at all? This is a nonsense argument.

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yet I have the NHS app on my Android phone. Very handy for booking appointments and ordering repeat prescriptions I find.

I think you may be getting confused with the original government inspired Covid-19 app that was going to be 'world beating' but was junked because it was no good.

I'm taking about the covid passport, pretty sure the NHS app will evolve in to the covid passport.

3 minutes ago, Redinthehead said:

And you never go near big crowds in stadiums at all? This is a nonsense argument.

I'm not worried about big crowds, I would gladly renew my season ticket but not if they use Covid passports.

I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big p said:

Oh right, so you're willing to take the chance in a Supermarket when you can get food delivered. But people should always use a passport for churches, cinemas, football stadiums. Hmm.

Hmm away all you like. But your arguments are ridiculous.

I am not very wealthy and so paying delivery charges is not something that is really available to me. Plus there's just as much chance the delivery driver has covid.

21 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Personally I've renewed my season ticket and have had two jabs, but in the current circumstances and the crazy Covid numbers in Bristol, I've no plans to go to any matches anytime soon. Mostly because I don't want to risk infecting my elderly disabled mum, or anyone else for that matter.

If entry to football stadia does become conditional on showing a Covid passport, I might reconsider those risks though, especially if the numbers are falling at that stage.

I can completely understand that, I have been to a couple of events since lockdown eased, the ODI that required either proof of double vaccination 14 days prior to attending or a negative test 24 hours before going, and the OD match yesterday where there were no checks or restrictions.

Anyway, despite being double jabbed, woke up Saturday feeling a bit rough, felt a bit better Sunday morning so did a LFT before deciding to go or not. Was negative so off to the cricket I went.

Didn't feel at risk yesterday, but with the lower crowds at cricket, everyone seemed to socially distance themselves without being asked. 

I share the concerns about going to football where the crowds will be a lot higher with no checks in place. 

1 minute ago, BS2 Red said:

I am not very wealthy and so paying delivery charges is not something that is really available to me. Plus there's just as much chance the delivery driver has covid.

iceland don’t charge delivery at all. most delivery charges are around £2.99 less than a pint!

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

FFS

3 minutes ago, big p said:

I'm not worried about big crowds, I would gladly renew my season ticket but not if they use Covid passports.

But it's not about you. It's about others and reducing the spread, that's it. No conspiracy, no need for 'what about this', just a measure to reduce the spread that makes sense to anyone who's looked at how this virus transmits.

15 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

My wife is at serious risk from covid, so no I'm not going to pubs.

There's not much choice when it comes to supermarkets, we have to eat. 

But me going to a supermarket so we don't starve to death does not invalidate my belief that it's perfectly fine for venues/the government to require people have the vaccine to enter a stadium.

If anything all he has done there is make a good argument that we should have covid passports for supermarkets as well. ;) 

@BS2 Red

I have been doing my weekly shop with Sainsbury's for many months by ordering online for delivered to my house.

Try it as if you use a 4 hour slot it only costs £1 delivery. Ocado is pretty good also.

1 minute ago, Redinthehead said:

But it's not about you. It's about others and reducing the spread, that's it. No conspiracy, no need for 'what about this', just a measure to reduce the spread that makes sense to anyone who's looked at how this virus transmits.

You just asked me a question and I answered.

6 minutes ago, big p said:

care to tell us why you never renewed before all this came. to light?

maybe you need to bang your head a bit harder!

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

iceland don’t charge delivery at all. most delivery charges are around £2.99 less than a pint!

Thanks but y have to spend £35 or more. Which is a lot more than my £20ish Aldi shop!

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

@BS2 Red

I have been doing my weekly shop with Sainsbury's for many months by ordering online for delivered to my house.

Try it as if you use a 4 hour slot it only costs £1 delivery. Ocado is pretty good also.

Sainsbury's are expensive.

2 minutes ago, big p said:

FFS

I'm confused as to why you'd say "for ****s sake" to that post? 

2 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Thanks but y have to spend £35 or more. Which is a lot more than my £20ish Aldi shop!

I'm confused as to why you'd say "for ****s sake" to that 

Because you said the delivery driver could give you it yet you go to a supermarket....

Anyway this isn't my argument, my concern is covid passports.

10 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I'm confused as to why you'd say "for ****s sake" to that post? 

Because he has no coherent arguments and just posts childish comments instead.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big p said:

I've been jabbed, but no-one should ever be forced to have an medication which has only been allowed because we are in "Emergency " conditions.. The fear and blackmail, coercion being used by governments around the world is quite frankly criminal... Anyone in my eyes who thinks different has clearly been brainwashed by the Sage team(12) behavioral scientists. Stockholm Syndrome comes to mind, the inability for people to think for themselves has been the scariest thing, it's frightening. 

I for one will never step foot in Ashton Gate if they introduce the social credit system style covid passport. Been watching City on /off for 35 years,been a season ticket holder for 13 years.

It's not "only" been allowed because we are in a pandemic. It was just allowed to be developed while trials took place because of the emergency. had it failed the trials, it would have been a waste of money. That was the gamble to get it produced quicker.

What about the fear of those who are scared of taking it because of made up predictions about infertility?

I think anyone who is scaremongering and predicting things based on absolutely zero evidence just "their political view of the world" are brainwashed. Copying things from Facebook and other propoganda sites without being able to think for themselves. They all copy and paste the same crap, that's not critical thinking.

11 minutes ago, big p said:

Because you said the delivery driver could give you it yet you go to a supermarket....

Anyway this isn't my argument, my concern is covid passports.

Yes, I could catch it in the supermarket or from a delivery driver. What's your point?

I'm double jabbed and wear a mask outside. I'm also in the supermarket for less than 10-15 minutes.

Is that ok with you?

Your concern is covid passports, but all your posts trying to discredit me have only been making the argument for covid passports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big p said:

Yes, but this makes the Covid Passport useless.. 

well big p and not sure what P stands for. Mate if you have had two jabs and yes you can still catch this infection. However it prevents you from kicking the bucket and this is good for your family and friends is it not?

A covert passport makes sure that you and your mates watching a football match at Ashton Gate gives you the mind set that you have done the right thing.

The passport mate is what is going to happen going forward as this disease is not going away.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

Back then, much like most people on here. I just trusted the government by default.

I since learned of the f**kery that goes on.

Who here is "trusting the government by default"

I dont trust them, I detest Boris and I think they are at best completely incompetent and at worst... well I hope some of their evil actions aren't deliberate.

What a lot of you conspiracy theorists can't grasp is that it's not all in one side or the other - it's not believe absolutely everything you're told or think it's all a big conspiracy. You can pick apart the facts, the science, the evidence and make decisions on each part of it for yourself.

Not trusting the government doesn't mean everything they say or do is a lie, especially as I say the things that can be backed up by science or evidence. Unfortunately, what I see from the anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists is the same crap copy and pasted and you can pull apart half of their argument with facts.

For example, I seen someone share a big post on FB at the weekend, some fairly reasonable questions that I dont know the answer too - but within it were things like "millions of people have suffered injury from the vaccine" citing the VAERS data as if it's fact that all those responses are caused BY the vaccine, which they aren't. 

I agree many things don't add up, but that doesn;t mean Covid doesn't exist or it's all made up to control the population. It means we have an incompetent government who in fairness to them have never had to deal with anything like this before. They've made bad decisions for whatever reason, that doesn't mean the virus is made up or "just a flu".

I actually seen someone saying that all the excess deaths were caused by lockdowns and lack of medical attention to other emergencies. These just aren't evidence based views.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, big p said:

Piers Morgan has had his jabs and was tested, but caught covid at Wembley, so please explain to me how a covid passport would work then?

Here's a clue? It doesn't.. So the next question you should be asking yourself is,  why is our government pushing this so hard?

Here's a clue, covid passport wasn't required to get into Wembley, a negative test was - which you can self-report a fake test. People went to Wembley sick, I'm almost certain of that (in part because I know at least one person who did).

Plus, no one ever said you couldn't catch covid if you've had both jabs, it just reduces the impact to you and your transmission.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, big p said:

The blind faith you guys have in governments and the media machine is fascinating. Good luck is all what I will say..

Tell us why, in this instance, we shouldn’t then? You can’t as you’ve been asked many many times 

Just now, big p said:

10s of millions protesting around the world, they all must be crazy antivaxxers .. :laugh:

Tens of millions? Really? Where’s that then? Piers Corbyn must’ve upped his game significantly!