IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

If infections keep going as they are, hospitals will quickly fill up, especially the limited ICU capacity.  A more transmissible, but less severe virus creates a huge base of infections.  Even if the hospitalisation rate of those infections is way smaller than previous waves, in absolute no's we will end up with large no's getting very ill.  Prescient to compare what the experts have learned (in terms of action, you need to go quicker & further than you think you do) with what, as a country we're actually doing.

48 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery but here in London folks do not 'forget' to wear masks, they simply choose not to. Coverings are mandated on TFL but few wear them as the idiot Khan chooses not to enforce their wearing (he and his entourage opened two new tube stations, replete with signs reinforcing masks MUST be worn, all whilst, er, failing to cover up.) Leadership for you.

As for Track and Trace that's a waste of time. But if you had symptoms one would have to ask why didn't you test yourself before deciding to travel? It's not as though there were no mass campaigns asking folks to do exactly that.

Yep, went to Cribbs on Tuesday evening.  Most wearing masks, but the few that weren’t you could group into 2/3 stereotypes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I’m London based and haven’t been able to get a LFT or PCR until about 20 minutes ago.

Lucky that I live in Wales, no issues at all. 
We’ve got our new rules coming out tomorrow. The rumours are that it’s going to lot more stricter and involving tighter controls on the amount of families allowed to visit. 

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

LFT can't differentiate between variants, PCRs can, in part, but they don't bother half the time given that's not what they're designed for. That's why T&T may ask you to take part in antibody testing such they know who's encountered what, including the vaccines.

Given vaccines are working so well from the numbers I know up here the widely reported Omicron distinguishing symptoms are an itchy/scratchy throat, mild but DRY cough and mild lower back pain. Fatigue is common to both and chesty cough and breathing issues are more prevalent in Delta.

LFTs are in very short supply up here, as are PCR appointments but likely that's because London's ahead of the curve. Ditto ITU units being full here. That's the problem with lots of folks getting sick at once.

18 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Lucky that I live in Wales, no issues at all. 

Don't wish to worry you but make sure you stay healthy as the Welsh Ambulance Service and Welsh A&E performance continues to break records each month, though not the type of thing Roy Castle would be trumpeting were he still alive ......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Agree with you, even for the disruption it will cause people rather than then number of hospitalisations which remains to be seen.

It's not just the 15 to 20k at AG on Saturday it's the entire attendance across the football league and other sports that would dwarf the so called super spreaders of Cheltenham 2020 and Liverpool v Atletico match. Must be a couple million people due to attend sporting fixtures this weekend that would only fan the flames of the next wave.

Exactly. And I don't know about other posters but I already know far more people who are positive this time around then I did in waves 1 and 2. Honestly feels like if we continue the way we are it's an inevitability about half of us end up with it. 

The only good is I feel confident that the many vaccines that have been given out will keep hospitilisations and deaths low, so I guess it's a balancing act now of how many people are we happy to put 'in harms way' considering their chances of being fine are very high. Though what consolation is that to those who aren't fine. Tricky calls to be made, but what we're doing now feels like no decisions have really been made at all.  

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, went to Cribbs on Tuesday evening.  Most wearing masks, but the few that weren’t you could group into 2/3 stereotypes.

Just been for my booster.  Again everyone wearing masks in the queue save for a couple of idiots.  Same stereotypes I’d imagine! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lenred said:

Just been for my booster.  Again everyone wearing masks in the queue save for a couple of idiots.  Same stereotypes I’d imagine! 

To be fair it's none of your business why they aren't wearing a mask. There's a thing called exemption. And why are you worried if you are wearing one?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

31 minutes ago, daored said:

Spurs v Leicester now off tonight - starting to tot up now 

Are players tested tomorrow for Saturday games or actually on Saturday ?

I think if numbers are bad today all football will be off at least until boxing day or More likely new year

11 minutes ago, big p said:

To be fair it's none of your business why they aren't wearing a mask. There's a thing called exemption. And why are you worried if you are wearing one?

Exemption from what; being intelligent, being a considerate citizen, making demands on the health service? Exemption works both ways.

Funny how those I've witnessed who've claimed exemption would be running for ambulance chasing lawyers were they to be sensibly denied access to facilities on the ground of risk. 

"So you're severely claustrophobic and prone to suffer major panic attacks leading to hospitalisation?

Yeah.

You do know the station is packed to the rafters in there, it's stifling & you can't swing a cat.

Yeah, but that's my business not yours.

Actually it isn't and to save you and other passengers from yourself you ain't coming in....."

Also it's funny how the 'exempt' (sic) appear to fall into distinct stereotypes, as others have noted.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Just now, BTRFTG said:

Exemption from what; being intelligent, being a considerate citizen, making demands on the health service? Exemption works both ways.

Funny how those I've witnessed who've claimed exemption would be running for ambulance chasing lawyers were they to be sensibly denied access to facilities on the ground of risk. 

"So you're severely claustrophobic and prone to suffer major panic attacks leading to hospitalisation?

Yeah.

You do know the station is packed to the rafters in there, it's stifling & you can't swing a cat.

Actually it isn't and to save you and other passengers from yourself you ain't coming in....."

Also it's funny how the 'exempt' (sic) appear to fall into distinct stereotypes, as others have noted.

Deserved more than an emoji ??????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yeah.

Also it's funny how the 'exempt' (sic) appear to fall into distinct stereotypes, as others have 

I presume yourself and all the other keyboard warriors/ virtue signallers have approached these people who are breaking the rules then. Or as I presume your anger stretches as far as writing on a forum hiding behind a fictitious avatar.. Pretty Sad.

And I guarantee every single one of you have broken the rules at some point over the past 18 months, if not purposely but by mistake.??

Edited by big p
  • Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, big p said:

I presume yourself and all the other keyboard warriors/ virtue signallers have approached these people who are breaking the rules then. Or as I presume your anger stretches as far as writing on a forum hiding behind a fictitious avatar.. Pretty Sad.

And I guarantee every single one of you have broken the rules at some point over the past 18 months, if not purposely but by mistake.??

Have you come up with those quotes yet? 

2 minutes ago, big p said:

Yeah, I’m really gonna go out of my way to risk getting a tirade of verbals or whacked by someone when I’m out shopping with my wife and kids?

So I just go to security or a member of staff and advise them they have people in their shop breaking the rules.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I’m really gonna go out of my way to risk getting a tirade of verbals or whacked by someone when I’m out shopping with my wife and kids?

So I just go to security or a member of staff and advise them they have people in their shop breaking the rules.

Thought so.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

And most of them aint bothered to do anything about it... 

7 minutes ago, big p said:

You clearly don't know me as I'm never slow in coming forward in calling punters out. So yes, I have had several pops at folks who, frankly, take the ****. It's not difficult given 95% of those claiming exemption have sod all reason so to do.

8 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

You clearly don't know me as I'm never slow in coming forward in calling punters out. So yes, I have had several pops at folks who, frankly, take the ****. It's not difficult given 95% of those claiming exemption have sod all reason so to do.

Have you ever broke the rules, even by mistake?

Of course you approach them ? 

Edited by big p

41 minutes ago, big p said:

Well that's working then.

How can it, when there’s so many d1ckheads not following the advice.  

Add in the plonkers who only wear the masks over their mouth and leave their nose sticking out of the top and there’s your problem 

Anyone would think they didn’t breath through their nose, the ******* dimwits ?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, big p said:

Thought so.

And your problem with that is….

when you’ve seen a bloke punch your wife in a queue in Sainsburys Cafe because she asked him to move his chair in a bit to get my son’s wheelchair through a gap, you tend to avoid that potential conflict, as you never know how it might end.

There are lanyards exempt people can wear.  I can tell you, none of these people had one, they just thought they were above the rules.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Sorry, you didn’t ask me that question.  I’ll leave it there though seeing as you refuse to answer. You’re doing a good enough job on your own, you don’t need my input! 

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about but yea, let's leave it here.

Everyone has broken the rules in the last 18 months, so in my eyes people who criticise others for not sticking to them are hypocrites.

• Like 1