IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And your problem with that is….

when you’ve seen a bloke punch your wife in a queue in Sainsburys Cafe because she asked him to move his chair in a bit to get my son’s wheelchair through a gap, you tend to avoid that potential conflict, as you never know how it might end.

There are lanyards exempt people can wear.  I can tell you, none of these people had one, they just thought they were above the rules.

You are not legally bound to wear a landlard, but it's deemed polite to do so. It's stated on the government website.

16 minutes ago, big p said:

Have you ever broke the rules, even by mistake?

Of course you approach them ? 

Which rules? 

Do I wear a mask - yes.

Do I keep socially distant - yes

Have I been triple jabbed - yes

Am I considerate of others and the wider public health perspective - yes

Touch wood, I've avoided the virus to date so perhaps I've been doing something right....

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, big p said:

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about but yea, let's leave it here.

Everyone has broken the rules in the last 18 months, so in my eyes people who criticise others for not sticking to them are hypocrites.

Just because most haven’t fully stuck to the rules at all that doesn’t make the selfishness of people who refuse to wear masks for no rational reason fine. 

I presume at one stage in your life you’ve broken the law, do you therefore not criticise anyone else who does because that would therefore make you a hypocrite?

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Exemption from what; being intelligent, being a considerate citizen, making demands on the health service? Exemption works both ways.

Funny how those I've witnessed who've claimed exemption would be running for ambulance chasing lawyers were they to be sensibly denied access to facilities on the ground of risk. 

"So you're severely claustrophobic and prone to suffer major panic attacks leading to hospitalisation?

Yeah.

You do know the station is packed to the rafters in there, it's stifling & you can't swing a cat.

Yeah, but that's my business not yours.

Actually it isn't and to save you and other passengers from yourself you ain't coming in....."

Also it's funny how the 'exempt' (sic) appear to fall into distinct stereotypes, as others have noted.

Bet it would be a very different picture if all these muppets had to sign a disclaimer that if they continue to do what they want, they’ll waive any right to treatment if they get sick!

You just know what their response would be though ….. oh no, that’s my human right to have treatment and I’m entitled to it just as much as those being careful and if I can possibly queue jump, I’ll do that too and tough shit to anyone else who suffers in the process.

Selfish tossers

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, big p said:

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about but yea, let's leave it here.

Everyone has broken the rules in the last 18 months, so in my eyes people who criticise others for not sticking to them are hypocrites.

Do you not? Handy that.  I’ve attached a helpful reminder for you. Don’t worry though, as I know already that you were just spouting nonsense again. 

DD6EA96B-50DD-423E-B0CA-F593FF81E11F.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Just because most haven’t fully stuck to the rules at all that doesn’t make the selfishness of people who refuse to wear masks for no rational reason fine. 

I presume at one stage in your life you’ve broken the law, do you therefore not criticise anyone else who does because that would therefore make you a hypocrite?

Of course I have, plenty of times. But what dislike most of all is people who say he's breaking the rules, they are idiots. 

These are hypocrites of the highest order as everyone would of broken the rules at some point.

2 minutes ago, big p said:

Of course I have, plenty of times. But what dislike most of all is people who say he's breaking the rules, they are idiots. 

These are hypocrites of the highest order as everyone would of broken the rules at some point.

If people are being selfish and breaking the rules then that’s what they’re doing. Nobody is being an idiot by point that out because it’s a fact. 

Aren’t you also being a hypocrite here by calling others out for being hypocrites for doing something you’ve done? Not the best look

18 minutes ago, lenred said:

Do you not? Handy that.  I’ve attached a helpful reminder for you. Don’t worry though, as I know already that you were just spouting nonsense again. 

DD6EA96B-50DD-423E-B0CA-F593FF81E11F.jpeg

Well Brizzle red just said about the mask debate, and there are plenty of people suggesting that closing football should be an option, then people clearly don't think covid passes will work.

Covid Passes was always about coercion and was never going solve the issue in hand. That's why 101 Tory MPs voted against their own party. 

Just now, JBFC II said:

If people are being selfish and breaking the rules then that’s what they’re doing. Nobody is being an idiot by point that out because it’s a fact. 

Aren’t you also being a hypocrite here by calling others out for being hypocrites for doing something you’ve done? Not the best look

How the hell am I a hypocrite, I've never stated I followed the rules, and I havent criticised others for breaking them. So I absolutely dont get what you're saying.

If my pensioner parents wants me to visit them, no government will stop me, period! 

13 minutes ago, big p said:

Well Brizzle red just said about the mask debate, and there are plenty of people suggesting that closing football should be an option, then people clearly don't think covid passes will work.

Covid Passes was always about coercion and was never going solve the issue in hand. That's why 101 Tory MPs voted against their own party. 

Passes probably would have helped if we were still at the point where we were a week or so ago.  

Things change fast and when you get runaway infections like we’ve got going on now, it possibly wouldn’t help that much now.

With the delay between being infectious and actually showing up on a lateral flow test, it could mean there could be many who passed a lateral flow test on Saturday morning who could still still infect others.

If you’re looking at covid passes as a ‘tool in the bag’ in tackling the virus, it could well be a very blunt one in the situation we have now.  That doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have worked before this latest spike though.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

And your problem with that is….

when you’ve seen a bloke punch your wife in a queue in Sainsburys Cafe because she asked him to move his chair in a bit to get my son’s wheelchair through a gap, you tend to avoid that potential conflict, as you never know how it might end.

Wow!

I assume you are referring to the Emerson Green branch.

If so, that really surprises me: it is my supermarket of choice whenever I am back in the UK, and I have always found the people there, staff and customers alike, to be very warm and friendly.

All football should be postponed for the time being.

"Come early to avoid crowds"

So everyone hangs around  the concourse carrying on as normal because there is nothing else to do until kick off.

And if people don't turn up early we will have crowds trying to get in.

So if this variant is as bad as its made out then postpone it for the time being

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

All football should be postponed for the time being.

"Come early to avoid crowds"

So everyone hangs around  the concourse carrying on as normal because there is nothing else to do until kick off.

And if people don't turn up early we will have crowds trying to get in.

So if this variant is as bad as its made out then postpone it for the time being

I agree, a three week fixture gap over Christmas will allow more people to get jabs and hopefully time to see if it is a milder illness than covid and slow the spread. I'm tripple jabbed but my wife has a major operation in early Jan she can't afford to miss so Saturday will probably be my last match until mid Jan. A gap would help with revenues for clubs too as a lot of people will be staying away for next couple of weeks.

32 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Coventry v Stoke now called off. That`s five in the Championship and thirteen in total over the EFL (36 games).

They’re coming thick and fast now.

The players are just as likely to catch it as the rest of us, so this just goes to emphasise how much of it is out there now.