IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Christ I’m bored. For the first time ever just experimented with self raising flower in the Yorkshire’s. Rock and Roll we are. 

Well you can't leave us in suspense.

How did it go, what meat and veg are you having? Did you open a bottle of wine?!?!?!

At times like this, these details are important.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You thought I meant one thing. I did not mean that thing and have explained that several times. Yet, rather than accept that you misinterpreted what I meant, you seem to be detemined to tell me you know what I meant better than I did and are taking snippets out of context to try to pretend I said and meant things I very, very clear did not from the context of the post.

If you read what I originally posted, it is very, very clear what I meant. Please stop erroneously telling me what I meant and please stop pretending you know what I meant better than I did. You interpreted what I meant differently to how I meant it. I'd be grateful if you would just accept that and stop trying to incorrectly pretend you know what I was really trying to say. It really is quite odd behaviour. 

I have read it several times. Your first lines states "Or course people who got it there might have got it elsewhere but it does not need that many people who did not previously have it to contract it there before it is being introduced to communities where it was not present before and thus further the spread".

Seriously how am I, or anyone meant to read that and think you are saying they haven't got the virus at the Cheltenham Festival?? My English is reading the part of "of course people who got it there" as the people in the story got it there. You then say "people who did not have it to contract it there". How is anyone meant to interpret that??

It may not be what you meant but your wording in that one sentence is stating they "got it there" not "may have got it there".

I find it odd behaviour that you cannot see it as I have.

14 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Went out yesterday to get food and take food to my vulnerable in laws.  Went out today to take cakes to the hospital to keep morale up for the nurses. Before that I self isolated for two weeks.

is that okay with you ? 

Stop being a knob. 

You're making unnecessary trips to a hospital, yet @Lew-TT is a knob...!!

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I have read it several times. Your first lines states "Or course people who got it there might have got it elsewhere but it does not need that many people who did not previously have it to contract it there before it is being introduced to communities where it was not present before and thus further the spread".

Seriously how am I, or anyone meant to read that and think you are saying they haven't got the virus at the Cheltenham Festival?? My English is reading the part of "of course people who got it there" as the people in the story got it there. You then say "people who did not have it to contract it there". How is anyone meant to interpret that??

It may not be what you meant but your wording in that one sentence is stating they "got it there" not "may have got it there".

I find it odd behaviour that you cannot see it as I have.

This is getting properly weird and slightly uncomfortable. I have explained several times what I meant. It was not what you think it was and that is the end of it. Deal with it.

I know the pubs are shut and we are not meant to go outside but surely you can find at least one better thing to do on a Sunday afternoon than try to pick an Internet post I cobbled together in two minutes apart to try and claim I meant something that - very clearly from the context - I did not.

This discussion has nowhere further to run. I did not mean what you have chosen to interpret me as having meant and that really is the end of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

The nurses have asked for it and set up a safe zone to receive things like this. What’s your problem?  Shall I tell them to piss off?

Alright Mr Kipling don't get your knickers in a twist.

If you think traveling to and from a hospital where there are vulnerable people is ok, crack on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Went out yesterday to get food and take food to my vulnerable in laws.  Went out today to take cakes to the hospital to keep morale up for the nurses. Before that I self isolated for two weeks.

is that okay with you ? 

Stop being a knob. 

Not trying to be a ‘knob’ but you went to the shop, right? 

Surely that’s much more dangerous than playing tennis? People are going to take risks and I don’t think playing tennis is anymore of a risk than you going to a shop. 

Your quote... In comparison to what you’ve done, it’s not.

Just seen people playing tennis.  Unbelievable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I'm not leaving the house unless its necessary (apart from shopping and for my evening walk when there's hardly a soul within 50 yards).  I've spent the day painting the garden fence to whittle away the hours

That is the responsible thing. 

Think people can take stay indoors verbatim a bit literally. 

Because:

1) People need to get food. 

2) People need a little bit of exercise. Walking to a supermarket may constitute this. 

3) People when out doing 1) and 2) have a responsibility to distance as far as possible, wash hands, don't touch surfaces etc etc. 

I don't know if it's viable for people to cut out the first two though.

3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Alright Mr Kipling don't get your knickers in a twist.

If you think traveling to and from a hospital where there are vulnerable people is ok, crack on. 

Didn’t come into contact with people. They have set up ways to receive morale boosting gifts.  If you think they are just letting people come in and out of hospital willy nilly then you are very naive 

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Surely that’s much more dangerous than playing tennis? People are going to take risks and I don’t think playing tennis is anymore of a risk than you going to a shop. 

What do you do then eh? 

Do you refrain from going for food...unless of course you have no need as you were one of those panic buying *******...

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Going to a shop is necessary to survive. Playing tennis isn’t. That’s why it’s unbelievable.  

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What do you do then eh? 

Do you refrain from going for food...unless of course you have no need as you were one of those panic buying *******...

He just judges people from his home and feeds off his own ego I think.  Criticises people who have taken time to fulfill nurses wishes.  Quite amazing really. 

1 hour ago, The dastardly red said:

Respectfully, stop with the strawman. 

Fact is we had prior information on this and were slow to act, that's the point. 

We will see how it pans out, to many people trying to make political miles out of this.  Why I've deleted a load of people on Facebook..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What do you do then eh? 

Thanks for the insult, stay classy. 

And no I’m not one of those. Been working around the house this weekend, making the time go by.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He just judges people from his home and feeds off his own ego I think.  Criticises people who have taken time to fulfill nurses wishes.  Quite amazing really. 

You’ve put yourself out there to be criticised mucker. Not my doing. 

Edited by Lew-T

27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well you can't leave us in suspense.

How did it go, what meat and veg are you having? Did you open a bottle of wine?!?!?!

At times like this, these details are important.

@Fordy62 photos or it didn’t happen!!  And we can spot a photoshopped Aunty Bessie’s a mile off ???

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Criticised for what? Buying food for my family, taking food to my in-laws or fulfilling nurses requests? 

Which one?

Sounds lovely the way you put it like that.  But at this moment in time, going to shops and hospitals is best avoided.

I was in fact criticising for you having a pop at other people, despite you arguably doing something worse. 

That’s the one you missed out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Sounds lovely the way you put it like that.  But at this moment in time, going to shops and hospitals is best avoided.

I was in fact criticising for you having a pop at other people, despite you arguably doing something worse. 

That’s the one you missed out.

Okay, I won’t go to shops until this is over. 2-3 months you reckon?  Hope I don’t starve.

Knobhead 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I work for a large American company that makes electronics for the motor industry which is non essential but still the corporate bosses won't send us home when there's money to be made when all around us BMW & Honda have been shut down. But it's all ok they've taken chairs out the canteen so only six at a time can go in and put signs up everywhere telling us how to wash our hands! 

I understand you. Over here Food retail workers are being told its your duty to feed the nation and being bullied into doing extra shifts, all whist the tills are ringing £££’s. 

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

How do you get your food?

Like anybody else, but the point I’ve made to you which you keep ignoring is that playing a individual sport is no worse than what you’ve done this weekend. 

Hence why I’ve called you out on it. Are you still talking?