IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

9 hours ago, Super said:

Why not finish when it is safe? Scrapping season makes no sense.

The whole corona virus makes no sense, 100'000's of good people dying because a Nation cannot be bothered to control their meat / fish markets, the issue here is not football, not this season or even next season, not until we have this virus under some sort of control, as we surely have to have the Chinese held accountable. Not as if this is the first time these viruses have eminated from China, and as long as the W.H.O sit on their hands and do nothing it will happen again and again.

I love and miss my football as much as anyone, but football, and all sport is just so irrelevant at the moment.   

Edited by Blackbird1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Blackbird1 said:

The whole corona virus makes no sense, 100'000's of good people dying because a Nation cannot be bothered to control their meat / fish markets, the issue here is not football, not this season or even next season, not until we have this virus under some sort of control, as we surely have to have the Chinese held accountable. Not as if this is the first time these viruses have eminated from China, and as long as the W.H.O sit on their hands and do nothing it will happen again and again.

I love and miss my football as much as anyone, but football, and all sport is just so irrelevant at the moment.   

Spot on;

• My mother is on a knife edge with uncurable cancer and dementia  in a home in Oldland common, and another home just yards away has had multiple deaths through corona virus.
  • My 41yr old son is now a woman and recovering at our home from an operation done in London and cannot get back to Preston until shes recovered where she works for NHS as and outreach worker.
  • Me and my wife are at risk, me mid 60`s with COPD and bowel cancer and my wife is diabetic and nearly 70. both sheilded for 12 weeks.
  • The next street over the back decides to have a street p up every Sunday evening for 2hrs with kids running everywhere and a million watts speaker system on the pretext of excerise, ignoring the fact that over 10000 humans have died in this country and families are grieving everywhere
  • Our nurses and docs are on their knees with the stress and heart wrenching decisions that have to be made many times a day
  • and
  • and
  • and
  • at
  • at
  • at
  • or
  • or
  • near
  • near the bottom
  • bottom
  • bottom
  • bottom
  • of
  •  a very long list is
  • WHEN THE F is the season going to start again/finish
  • Football can go f itself at the mo as far as I`m concerned, if it starts again this year it will be too soon........who will you be sat next to/or what will you be touching just ask yourselves:dunno:?

Edited by glos old boy

Couple of interesting stories about the PL TV issues.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8211063/Sky-Sports-not-ask-371m-rebate-Premier-League-season-cancelled.html

Bigger problem might be with the overseas broadcasters if voided- and interestingly, it doesn't mention BT either- whether for or against requesting rebates.

Also of interest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8212395/Coronavirus-UK-Premier-League-block-Sky-Sports-BT-Sport-asking-season-resume.html

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Couple of interesting stories about the PL TV issues.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8211063/Sky-Sports-not-ask-371m-rebate-Premier-League-season-cancelled.html

Bigger problem might be with the overseas broadcasters if voided- and interestingly, it doesn't mention BT either- whether for or against requesting rebates.

Also of interest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8212395/Coronavirus-UK-Premier-League-block-Sky-Sports-BT-Sport-asking-season-resume.html

What's the summary Mr P for those of us who refuse to click on that site?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Blackbird1 said:

Totally agree. It is being put on the back burner at present but when this is all over, they should be come down on with harshness that will ensure this NEVER happens again.

I don't mind admitting that nearly every day, I shed a tear about the waste of human life that is going on at the moment that has been started by the way one country has just ( in our opinion) flouted health rules and started this pandemic.

As you say this isn't the first time but we must as a world ensure it is the last.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Spot on;

• My mother is on a knife edge with uncurable cancer and dementia  in a home in Oldland common, and another home just yards away has had multiple deaths through corona virus.
  • My 41yr old son is now a woman and recovering at our home from an operation done in London and cannot get back to Preston until shes recovered where she works for NHS as and outreach worker.
  • Me and my wife are at risk, me mid 60`s with COPD and bowel cancer and my wife is diabetic and nearly 70. both sheilded for 12 weeks.
  • The next street over the back decides to have a street p up every Sunday evening for 2hrs with kids running everywhere and a million watts speaker system on the pretext of excerise, ignoring the fact that over 10000 humans have died in this country and families are grieving everywhere
  • Our nurses and docs are on their knees with the stress and heart wrenching decisions that have to be made many times a day
  • and
  • and
  • and
  • at
  • at
  • at
  • or
  • or
  • near
  • near the bottom
  • bottom
  • bottom
  • bottom
  • of
  •  a very long list is
  • WHEN THE F is the season going to start again/finish
  • Football can go f itself at the mo as far as I`m concerned, if it starts again this year it will be too soon........who will you be sat next to/or what will you be touching just ask yourselves:dunno:?

This is a football forum and sport specific thread, plenty of people will want to discuss football and its return, its something to look forward to, some hope, even when there is nothing else, there is hope.

I'd be happy to see it back behind closed doors to start with, televised, what a boost that would be.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm not sure it will be safe in time to start next season, let alone finish this one.

Forget usual dates. Just finish this season, when it is safe and start the next one a month or so after this one is concluded. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Forget usual dates. Just finish this season, when it is safe and start the next one a month or so after this one is concluded. 

Agree with this sentiment as this season has gone to far to not complete properly.

Why not next season forget cups and internationals to give space to complete a full league programme again regardless of when the start is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Why not next season forget cups and internationals to give space to complete a full league programme again regardless of when the start is

And if its not safe to start until January? You can fit a full league season in, would be easier to complete a 19/20/21 season, its why no decision will be made until we know when we can get a green light. Multiple scenarios will be drawn up and clubs informed of what restart date will mean for each scenario etc.

On 12/04/2020 at 12:45, Abraham Romanovich said:

I really don't understand this argument, finish the season whatever it takes.

I would much rather start the 20/21 season say mid September when hopefully normality is returning  and just void this season .

That’s all well and good, which teams are in which division?

• Like 2

Push comes to shove, to get the season finished, do a team penalty shoot out i.e. instead of 5 penalties, do 11, and if it's a draw, it's a draw.

Easy to maintain the social distancing rules and it could throw up some interesting results.

Edited by bcfcfinker

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Just jumping on your post in case they say same divisions

What happens to Bolton? Another points deduction, they were nailed on for relegation because of it so do they get a reprieve or forced to start a second season with a deduction? 

Promotion for Coventry is massive given they have no permanent home, being made to stay in league 1 would be devastating, no Walsh next season and probably losing a couple of players to championship teams if they stay down

Does league 1 play with 23 teams again? Bury still not allowed back? Could be slightly ironic if a couple of league 1 teams go bust after Bury's expulsion. 

Stevenage dead and buried at the bottom of league 2

17 minutes ago, hodge said:

Just jumping on your post in case they say same divisions

What happens to Bolton? Another points deduction, they were nailed on for relegation because of it so do they get a reprieve or forced to start a second season with a deduction? 

Promotion for Coventry is massive given they have no permanent home, being made to stay in league 1 would be devastating, no Walsh next season and probably losing a couple of players to championship teams if they stay down

Does league 1 play with 23 teams again? Bury still not allowed back? Could be slightly ironic if a couple of league 1 teams go bust after Bury's expulsion. 

Stevenage dead and buried at the bottom of league 2

It’s gonna take some sorting and compromise!!!

3 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Watching football at stadiums could be something that may not happen for a long time due to the rules with social distancing may even be a couple of years who knows

Certainly not before a vaccine is in place and well distributed.

trbtes.

10 hours ago, Robin Wood said:

Watching football at stadiums could be something that may not happen for a long time due to the rules with social distancing may even be a couple of years who knows

I think a couple of years in not entirely out of the question, certainly dont expect to be inside Ashton Gate again in 2020.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

All results from this season are erased it never happened ,start a new season when safe to do so .with teams lining up like they did last August.

In this world crisis football is way down the agenda , and for the life of me I can't understand why convoluted ideas are being proposed in order to complete the season.

If fans can't attend really what is the point. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, partial distancing...

We have (at a guess) 15,000 season ticket holders and at another rough guess of 30,000 seats - give or take.

Would there be an argument that when some restrictions are lifted, you allow people back in the stadium in a 'seat next to you must remain empty' or the row in front of you must be empty type arrangement?

Or is that just asking for trouble.

I was thinking about that as more of a phased returned to full sociability.

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Okay, partial distancing...

We have (at a guess) 15,000 season ticket holders and at another rough guess of 30,000 seats - give or take.

Would there be an argument that when some restrictions are lifted, you allow people back in the stadium in a 'seat next to you must remain empty' or the row in front of you must be empty type arrangement?

Or is that just asking for trouble.

I was thinking about that as more of a phased returned to full sociability.

Might work until they all try leaving 10 minutes before halftime/full time.. 

• Like 1