IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

17 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

How does that work mate given they have no rights to pl currently?

BREAKING: BBC will show FOUR live Premier League games upon the league’s return next month (of the 92 remaining fixtures). 
The first time since the league’s inception in 1992 that it has shown PL games live. 

Screenshot_20200528_185609_com.twitter.android.jpg

Edited by CiderCraig

13 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

BBC only have 4 games, it hasn't been stated how these will be shown but I imagine it will be on the BBC Sport website as the press release refers to BBC Sport not BBC TV. 

The rest split pro rata between Sky BT and Amazon according to their existing ratio I guess. Sky have agreed to show 25 games ' free to air' .

They're will be streams everywhere though so everyone can watch if they want.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Well at the very least it should be discounted. I hope they are not going to pretend behind closed doors games are a worthy of full price.  

They're providing their service of showing the game, not like a lot of games on tv have a great atmosphere anyway :laugh:

24 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

That's a pity. No doubt Sky will start charging me for Sky Sports. ? And I'm not that interested in the Prem

Would think we may get more championship games at this rate so could work out better potentially if we're on sky more

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

That's a pity. No doubt Sky will start charging me for Sky Sports. ? And I'm not that interested in the Prem

Check your Sky account....they've already implemented the sky sports subscription from 19/6/20. My dd goes out on Monday and I saw on my pending transactions on my online bank that the sky payment was increasing.

Interesting that the increase was actually put on before the PL announced the start date! ..well I suppose Sky are running football nowadays.

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Well at the very least it should be discounted. I hope they are not going to pretend behind closed doors games are a worthy of full price.  

No,  it's the full price you paid before. 

5 games a day though..from noon till 10 pm so get plenty of beer in!

4 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Check your Sky account....they've already implemented the sky sports subscription from 19/6/20. My dd goes out on Monday and I saw on my pending transactions on my online bank that the sky payment was increasing.

Interesting that the increase was actually put on before the PL announced the start date! ..well I suppose Sky are running football nowadays.

Thanks, indeed you are correct, mine's increasing. They don't waste any time do they!

20 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I'll leave you to guess whether it's going back to full price or not! ??

Edited by Frenchay Red

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

On the billing front...

BT Sport have said "With the return of live Bundesliga, UFC and now the Premier League in June, we can confirm that as a gesture of goodwill we will also be offering customers a further bill credit to the value of 50% of their BT Sport monthly subscription."

Fair enough, I took the option BT offered to donate my bt sport fee to the NHS so unfortunately they're going to lose the  50%

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think it’s an era thing?  I started watching just as Pertwee was morphing into Baker, so watched Baker predominantly and therefore he’s my fave.  My bruv, 2 years old, prefers Pertwee....

As he's a 2 year old, I'm surprised he's seen enough of all the doctors to choose

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When I heard that I was jokingly gonna tweet whether it was Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Derrick Williams, all getting together....but it’s actually Elliott Bennett, ex-City.

Get well Elliott.

He's not actually got any symptoms whatsoever..

5 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Wonder what the split would be between Sky and BT???

⬇️

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

⬇️

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

BBC only have 4 games, it hasn't been stated how these will be shown but I imagine it will be on the BBC Sport website as the press release refers to BBC Sport not BBC TV. 

The rest split pro rata between Sky BT and Amazon according to their existing ratio I guess. Sky have agreed to show 25 games ' free to air' .

They're will be streams everywhere though so everyone can watch if they want.

I originally 45 of the 92 remaining games were scheduled for tv....so imagine some deal has been done for the remaining 47.

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Saw Sky announce this the other day, with some form of caveat that season might not start.

23 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He's not actually got any symptoms whatsoever..

Yes, saw his interview just now.  Hope it stays that way.

Great to see the Premier League coming back but with that intense TV schedule how the heck are they going to fit Championship games in aswell? Will be interesting to see what product is offered to Championship fans & how that combines with what the clubs themselves are going to offer.

1 hour ago, Cardy said:

Great to see the Premier League coming back but with that intense TV schedule how the heck are they going to fit Championship games in aswell? Will be interesting to see what product is offered to Championship fans & how that combines with what the clubs themselves are going to offer.

I'd think either red button over 2 days or they may just show games on different channels at the same time, premier league has main event channel and championship on sky sports football

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cardy said:

Red button ?