IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

8 minutes ago, daored said:

@Davefevs so what happens if a player is tested positive , do the players / coaching staff been in contact with need to self isolate for 14 days? Especially when full contact training commences

Surely they will have been tested themselves so if negative they are fine to carry on?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Surely they will have been tested themselves so if negative they are fine to carry on?

But they would be tested on that day , my understanding is it can take 7 - 14 days for symptoms, would that therefore produce a negative test if tested straight away ?

Edited by daored

11 minutes ago, daored said:

But they would be tested on that day , my understanding is it can take 7 - 14 days for symptoms, would that therefore produce a negative test if tested straight away ?

Yes. This is a real problem because through the tracing system used for the public, as it stands all “close” contacts of a positive case should isolate for 2 weeks.  The problem is that the test is imperfect as the false negative rate is relatively high, especially earlier in the infection. If after a week, the contact was retested and still negative, the risk would obviously be a lot less but still far from zero.

To say that this is all a bit of a headache is putting it mildly!

If the football authorities had any sense, what they would be doing is undertaking serology (blood tests for antibodies) on all of the players and other staff to find out who has already had it. Given the high proportion of asymptomatic cases in younger people, the chances are that significantly more players will have already had the infection than is currently thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daored said:

@Davefevs so what happens if a player is tested positive , do the players / coaching staff been in contact with need to self isolate for 14 days? Especially when full contact training commences

Aren't they tested both before and after joining the group? So, how would they infect each other?

21 hours ago, weepywall said:

I read an article on Bristol Rugby in which they said they could accommodate 10,000 inside AG, social distancing obviously and one way systems around the concourse.

I'd be interested how you would goto toilet during the game. Does everyone in the row have to go down as well?

3 hours ago, daored said:

Twice weekly tests I think....the protocol put in place I guess to save having to isolate everyone.

1 hour ago, daored said:

Potentially spreading the virus across the players been in contact with ?

Until yesterday there was strict social distancing on the training ground, they’d had a couple / few tests each, and there is a pro-forma to complete each morning on arrival.  They’d been training in groups of 5 too.  

I guess they (EFL and Govt) thought that this protocol was sufficient to stop the likelihood of spread in the early days of return to training.

Contact training has now commenced.  We will have to wait and see. Of course it has its risks.

Early rounds of testing have shown small numbers of positive cases, and of course in some players cases have picked up covid where there have been no symptoms, e.g. Elliott Bennett.

• Thanks 1

Covid testing only shows you didnt or did have covid at the time of testing, if the test is clear then surely you could touch a door handle or what ever minutes later and then you could have it;

I only say this as my wife has had at least 4 tests in the last few weeks while either waiting for an op or a hospital appointment, all negative.

So footballers or whoever could test clear but in fact be infected minutes later; so until tests are done and results given immeadiatly, is no-one is "clear"

So is it a definite that City will travel up to Elwood Park and play on the 20th of June ??  My last City home match was on the 14th of December as i was back in the UK when my dad passed and we went down to Blackburn 2-0. It was the first time I sat in the Lansdown stand and it was the upper tier next to the press box. 

The first match will bring back a few memories especially if i can watch it in OZ.

Lets hope the 2-0 is reversed this time.

39 minutes ago, Nicki's soulmate said:

Gotta say it, what train are we not getting? ? 

Do try and keep up!.

Blackburn away is the catalyst for Norman Wisdom, banned Norman Wisdom films and the Talking pictures Tv channel.

Happens every visit ,you could set your watch by it.

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/206378-if-your-going-to-blackburna-bit-of-nostalgia-for-you-to-visit/

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/196765-whats-the-connection-between-the-darwen-away-end-at-blackburn-and-norman-wisdom/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Okay what coulor shirts were the dark and white chequered shirts used in the Norman Wisdom film up in the world

That old chestnut a trick question.

Never heard of this film and having found the trailer can understand why .

Being charitable it doesn't appear to have aged well.

Ref the football shirts, its not a trick question, in the film they played in dark and white chequred shirts

They could have been red and white, black and white or the other lots colours.

It was filmed in black and white,so way of knowing what colour they actually were.

The film up in the world football match was filmed at Woburn Abbey

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Anybody know if Bradley Dack has overcome his injury ?

What’s that got to do with the original post. Who is Bradley Dack. I only asked if the Blackburn v Bristol was the first match  behind closed doors. Didn’t need to know s%$t about trains or Dack.

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

What’s that got to do with the original post. Who is Bradley Dack. I only asked if the Blackburn v Bristol was the first match  behind closed doors. Didn’t need to know s%$t about trains or Dack.

Calm down !

I never mentioned anything about trains.

Dack is one of the best midfielders in the Championship. His availability is likely to have a big impact on how this match plays out.

5 minutes ago, City oz said:

So Bradley Dack is training then? 

Edited by Ecko
  • Haha 1