IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

4 minutes ago, The Batman said:

4,000 in Old Trafford and St James Park. 

That's a lot of space still. 

Surely a 10% to 15% capacity rule could come in for larger grounds. But then I suppose clubs with smaller grounds who want the 4,000 won't get the numbers in. Then you've got socially distancing outside the ground, in the turnstiles etc. 

Interesting point regarding away fans. Will they be allowed? 

Severely doubt it unfortunately. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How do you pick who would go? Ballots? 

Personally I don't see the appeal of going to the stadium to sit and watch the game on my own.

It just feels like an unnecessary risk to take when we are already seeing high infection rates across the city. 

Find out who is happy to return 

Find out who's in that bubble 

Those go into ballot to purchase tickets

I chatted with Joe the other day about this and asked him that if it was deemed safe (and we could socially distanced) woukd he like to go.  I thought he’d be worried and say no, but actually he was keen.  If we were in section A4 and only a couple of other wheelchair users were in there, it’d probably be ok.

Bit lots of Qs to ask first.

6 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

It’s not the being outside, it’s all about controlling the queues. 4000 people need the loo socially distanced is a long line out the ground. How often do you clean the taps etc. in the toilet. Catering how do you safely queue and not touch surfaces. 

These are the problems that need sorting when at the ground. 

Other countries have managed it so not sure why British clubs can’t 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The Batman said:

4,000 in Old Trafford and St James Park. 

That's a lot of space still. 

Surely a 10% to 15% capacity rule could come in for larger grounds. But then I suppose clubs with smaller grounds who want the 4,000 won't get the numbers in. Then you've got socially distancing outside the ground, in the turnstiles etc. 

Interesting point regarding away fans. Will they be allowed? 

How are Rovers supposed to get their home support up to 4,000 every game..? 

Annoyingly I think my reply was lost as the threads were merged.

Basically all I;m saying is weve just gone into National lockdown forcing many small businesses to close because cases are so bad. Many of those have done everyting they can to ensure they safety of their customers and had no problems.

Coming back out needs to be a slow controlled process else we'll be back at square one with large cases and rising numbers after Xmas (which will be a problematic time in itself) and then what, a third lockdown with even less compliance and more small businesses forced to close?

I won't debate the actual safety within the ground because I'm going to make an assumption that any concern I can think of has already been thought of and addressed by the clubs and councils.

I'd love to go back to football, and I'll be playing again as soon as we're allowed but like I say, it just seems to be mixed messaging about how serious it is we dont visit family at Xmas - but go to the football etc? Perhaps I should have reserved comment until after a formal announcement has been made as I cant see any specifics that have been released yet

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Annoyingly I think my reply was lost as the threads were merged.

Basically all I;m saying is weve just gone into National lockdown forcing many small businesses to close because cases are so bad. Many of those have done everyting they can to ensure they safety of their customers and had no problems.

Coming back out needs to be a slow controlled process else we'll be back at square one with large cases and rising numbers after Xmas (which will be a problematic time in itself) and then what, a third lockdown with even less compliance and more small businesses forced to close?

I won't debate the actual safety within the ground because I'm going to make an assumption that any concern I can think of has already been thought of and addressed by the clubs and councils.

I'd love to go back to football, and I'll be playing again as soon as we're allowed but like I say, it just seems to be mixed messaging about how serious it is we dont visit family at Xmas - but go to the football etc? Perhaps I should have reserved comment until after a formal announcement has been made as I cant see any specifics that have been released yet

I don’t think there has been any marketed rise in infections due to football on the continent, it’s long been established that being distanced outdoors (and with masks) is literally the safest thing you can do these days. 

Clubs on the continent have had staggered arrival and exit times to decrease traffic, they’re well prepared for all this.

Also, on the Xmas aspect, the government is going to allow you to meet your family over the festive period (though that is *insanely* stupid and dangerous) so the optics for football are fine. As others have stated going to a game with 4K people is much safer than being in a room with 6. 

35 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How do you pick who would go? Ballots? 

Personally I don't see the appeal of going to the stadium to sit and watch the game on my own.

It just feels like an unnecessary risk to take when we are already seeing high infection rates across the city. 

Hopefully people who share your view will make it easier. I'd imagine several will pull out any ballot, for now. 

The more that decline the option the better, for those who do want to be allowed back in. 

Assuming we've sold 10-12k Season tickets. If a 3rd don't want to be considered yet, for age/health/preference reasons - that should mean the rest of us are able to attend every other match, for starters. 

8 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Highly likely to be in the highest tier City of Bristol has one of the highest number of cases in the UK at the moment.

Absolutely, there are 2 Wards (one of them in South Bristol) that are amongst the highest in England.

Unless this alters drastically in the next fortnight this is completely academic for us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

2000 fans allowed in tier 2 areas aswell  , could we potentially be in that one perhaps ?

No, Bristol is the area with the fourth highest number of covid cases nationally at the moment so we're going to be in tier 3 until beyond Christmas. 

Even so, if as rumoured pubs, restaurants and shops are due to reopen nationwide then it seem bonkers that 2,000 fans couldn't go to AG and watch a game of football outside. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely, there are 2 Wards (one of them in South Bristol) that are amongst the highest in England.

Unless this alters drastically in the next fortnight this is completely academic for us.

Bishopsworth I believe. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot

6 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

I don’t think there has been any marketed rise in infections due to football on the continent, it’s long been established that being distanced outdoors (and with masks) is literally the safest thing you can do these days. 

Clubs on the continent have had staggered arrival and exit times to decrease traffic, they’re well prepared for all this.

Also, on the Xmas aspect, the government is going to allow you to meet your family over the festive period (though that is *insanely* stupid and dangerous) so the optics for football are fine. As others have stated going to a game with 4K people is much safer than being in a room with 6. 

As I say, I wont speculate on the safety until we get an official announcement but everything Boris has just said suggests we need to be strict still - doesn't sit right with me that we open even more things, which encourages more mixing at a time we're being told it's important not to do just that?

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No, Bristol is the area with the fourth highest number of covid cases nationally at the moment so we're going to be in tier 3 until beyond Christmas. 

Even so, if as rumoured pubs, restaurants and shops are due to reopen nationwide then it seem bonkers that 2,000 fans couldn't go to AG and watch a game of football outside. 

Bishopsworth I believe. 

You believe correctly.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

As I say, I wont speculate on the safety until we get an official announcement but everything Boris has just said suggests we need to be strict still - doesn't sit right with me that we open even more things, which encourages more mixing at a time we're being told it's important not to do just that?

I get your point, you give people an inch and they’ll take a mile. That’s obviously been happening here as we have gone from one of the best to one of the worst in terms of infections.

All we can hope for is that is fans will at least be sensible. I know we have a lot of supporters with the IQ of a bacon sandwich but the clubs are going to take this really seriously. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bishopsworth I believe. 

Rolling rate of 1180 per 100k

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

It’s not the being outside, it’s all about controlling the queues. 4000 people need the loo socially distanced is a long line out the ground. How often do you clean the taps etc. in the toilet. Catering how do you safely queue and not touch surfaces. 

These are the problems that need sorting when at the ground. 

Do you not carry hand gel with you wherever you go? 

25 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Do you not carry hand gel with you wherever you go? 

Yes in my car 

Will the club expect each person to bring there own hand gel? and carry it with them. Only takes 1 person to not sanitise and be positive and you infect quite a few.

Will you be able to bring it in the ground? 

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I wonder if STs will go back on sale in some capacity as the number increases. I and a number of others I know were waiting for an announcement such as this before wanting to commit as it seemed pretty hopeless a few months ago 

Wouldn't think any chance of that. We're already debating the different ways of restricting demand from existing ST holders so they're not likely to sell more. 

What's more debatable/interesting is whether and when they start selling next seasons.....

1 minute ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Yes in my car 

Will the club expect each person to bring there own hand gel? and carry it with them. Only takes 1 person to not sanitise and be positive and you infect quite a few.

Will you be able to bring it in the ground? 

I'm sure they will, if not there will be countless points around the ground, I'm sure. As long as you sanitise your hands and don't touch your face you should be ok.

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

I'm sure they will, if not there will be countless points around the ground, I'm sure. As long as you sanitise your hands and don't touch your face you should be ok.

I agree, but your reliant on people doing it. 

But this is the same no matter where you go.