IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

Still find all this absolutely bonkers.

I attended Wells City v Buckland yesterday. Over 100 in attendance. Bar open, beer and food being served but no requirement to eat, and no need for masks. People sat in the stand pretty close together. Pretty large groups of 6-8 blokes and WAGs all boozing with no social distancing. 

You don't have to be a scientist to work out that when you are sat outside over two metres from the nearest person, a mask is doing precisely **** all. 

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Still find all this absolutely bonkers.

I attended Wells City v Buckland yesterday. Over 100 in attendance. Bar open, beer and food being served but no requirement to eat, and no need for masks. People sat in the stand pretty close together. Pretty large groups of 6-8 blokes and WAGs all boozing with no social distancing. 

You don't have to be a scientist to work out that when you are sat outside over two metres from the nearest person, a mask is doing precisely **** all. 

Are you allowed to serve food and drink in Tier 2 games. League I watch/volunteer isn’t playing for no food and drink in Tier 2 makes it uneconomical for teams. How did they get around it?  

10 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

League I watch no food or drink allowed in Tier 2 at the ground. That is why league has been suspended. Be interesting to know how they got around it for league here could restart.

4DE4054D-46C0-4F0F-A5F6-F6DE17575D20.jpeg

Ah, so at Wells the bar is technically outside the ground... however they were definitely serving teas and coffees in the ground. 

39 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

League I watch no food or drink allowed in Tier 2 at the ground. That is why league has been suspended. Be interesting to know how they got around it for league here could restart.

4DE4054D-46C0-4F0F-A5F6-F6DE17575D20.jpeg

Would be interesting to see the RFU's take on tier 2 fan participation!

Question. 
Is part of the covid regs to allow fans back in, that they should be ‘discouraged’ from singing? 

I’m not sure but thought I read it somewhere. 

If so, why were Liverpool allowed to play YNWA, encouraging the fans to sing?