IGNORED

Will footballers stop gobbing and spitting when football resumes?

Well I did say the shaking of hands would be stopped and I was proved correct.

Why do footballers say its to clear their throat,

do they gob and spit onto the floor when they are in a gym with the wooden floor?

How many footballers slide on thier knees,backsides and belly's when they have scored?

Not to mention the tumbles onto floor after tackles have been made

With the possibility of picking up some thing off the turf that has been deposited by another footballer

45 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

do they gob and spit onto the floor when they are in a gym with the wooden floor?

How many footballers slide on thier knees,backsides and belly's when they have scored?

With the possibility of picking up some thing off the turf that has been deposited by another footballer

Its physiological.

Running is an aerobic activity which creates mucus. Airways contract and the body produces mucus. In gyms activity is frequently anaerobic and the body will produce far less mucus.

Should people expel mucus? Yes. It can stop you breathing. It not unheard of for long distance runners to spray their nostrils with lubricants to assist breathing and prevent mucus blocking airways. 

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Once went to the doctors because I was struggling to catch my breathe when playing football.
The first thing the doctor asked was am I making sure my windpipes clear of phlegm. 

Players will continue to do so because it helps them breathe. 

I think it's true to say that mucus does not contain much in the way of important germs normally. The germs that do live in our mouths and airways tend to live in warm and damp places. Once outside the body the cold and probably drier environment causes them to perish. After all these years of it going on, I don't recall any player falling victim to disease caused by spitting.

Images of our heroic players spitting away to their mouths content must become a thing of the past

If any good comes out of the corona virus then not spitting on the pitch, or anywhere in Birmingham for that matter, has to be a real benefit

Lusty spitters like Patrick Viera would soak his shirt back in the day by flobbing feebly down his shirt and who could forget when Holland v Germany met  

• Admin
51 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

Images of our heroic players spitting away to their mouths content must become a thing of the past

If any good comes out of the corona virus then not spitting on the pitch, or anywhere in Birmingham for that matter, has to be a real benefit

Lusty spitters like Patrick Viera would soak his shirt back in the day by flobbing feebly down his shirt and who could forget when Holland v Germany met  

Being serious have you done any physical workout to a high level?

1 hour ago, where's the joy said:

Err that was vapour rub.

On 02/04/2020 at 13:24, Gordon Saunderson said:

Better still will they stop gobbing off and surrounding the refs and linesman all the time... no probably not?

I only watched one game from the Bundesliga over the weekend, but despite a few over-zealous tackles, there was no surrounding of the referee, no going up to the offender.  I quite enjoyed it.  It was a positive for me.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I only watched one game from the Bundesliga over the weekend, but despite a few over-zealous tackles, there was no surrounding of the referee, no going up to the offender.  I quite enjoyed it.  It was a positive for me.

No diving or rolling around as though they'd been shot either.

Archived