IGNORED

2020/21 Hibs Shirt

Pickle Rick

Okay nice gesture and I’m sure I’ll be panned for this but, given the NHS is funded by our taxes, how beneficial is advertising the NHS on their shirts? Perhaps they could have advertised a healthcare charity instead.

Still, certainly better than advertising a gambling company!

Edit - I see in fact that they are indeed donating all profits to their local NHS hospice. So, tis indeed a great gesture.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Okay nice gesture and I’m sure I’ll be panned for this but, given the NHS is funded by our taxes, how beneficial is advertising the NHS on their shirts? Perhaps they could have advertised a healthcare charity instead.

Still, certainly better than advertising a gambling company!

Edit - I see in fact that they are indeed donating all profits to their local NHS hospice. So, tis indeed a great gesture.

My wife is a NHS employee and she hates the way it is currently being portrayed as a charity. 

They all chose the vocation and its associated risks and whilst being told thank you is lovely, they would still carry on regardless.

If we really value having a health service then the government (of any persuasion) needs to fund it adequately with its employees remunerated appropriately.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

My wife is a NHS employee and she hates the way it is currently being portrayed as a charity. 

They all chose the vocation and its associated risks and whilst being told thank you is lovely, they would still carry on regardless.

If we really value having a health service then the government (of any persuasion) needs to fund it adequately with its employees remunerated appropriately.

People need to take note on this

69CE7D2B-C41E-4FB8-A1FC-33D91753EC94.jpeg

All this pity for nurses and doctors is getting unbearable. They chose to work that profession and are doing their job. Yes, they are under more pressure but the more we show we're willing to pay out extra money endlessly and treat the NHS as a charity, the more content the government can feel in selling parts of it off and continuing to underfund it.

I know they want to show thanks to the NHS by putting them on their shirt and that's great marketing for them, but they'd have raised more money by selling the shirt sponsorship space as normal and donating that money to the NHS anyway. Not quite as big a story for the marketing department though...

But yeah, you guys who voted against a payrise for the NHS, keep going out and giving them a clap. I'm sure every nurse (family of mine included) are ever-so-grateful of a clap from you rather than a payrise and being funded correctly in the first place.

You offer me a payrise or a clap for doing my job right, I'm going to tell you to shove your hands up your ass to be honest.

2 hours ago, Porto Red said:

As I posted on Facebook recently

Screenshot_20200423-210514.thumb.png.06c31e0ef5f190044b373b9f03d3bf4e.png

The more we show we're willing, the worse it'll get.

It's over £20m now and if the government think they can just rely on shit like that regularly, imagine how much further the underfunding it will get.

As much as people's hearts are in the right place, funding this so heavily is ultimately a poor plan.

On 23 April 2020 at 16:30, 054123 said:

Hear here, my sister is a nurse too been doing it over thirty year, we were chatting about this the other night and although she does appreciate the gesture, she absolutely hates it being used a political football, she does it because it a vocation not for platitudes.

Would add, I know that the NHS staff have greater risks associated. However, I dont like how other key workers are ignored. Round where I live there are thank you NHS signs up etc all over the place. What about the other key workers keeping the country going?

Bus and train drivers are still providing a valuable service, and coming into contact with people on a daily basis. 

Water companies are still working normal hours, coming into contact with others, to ensure water supply continues. Would argue that provision of clean water to both residents and hospitals is an equally valuable contribution. 

A lot of the other key workers are completing jobs while facing risks they didn't sign up for when they trained to take up their role. Hospital workers knew that this would be a risk when they trained.

Archived