IGNORED

What other club's strips did you have as a kid

Unan

My dad used to work abroad quite a bit and would try and buy me a shirt from where he'd been if possible had Sparta Prague and Bayern Munich at least from memory. Then got a shirt from where I'd go on holiday so had a Barca shirt and a Hertha Berlin. Remember the first shirt I got was a Newcastle shirt because very young me thought it looked cool. 

4 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Don't recall owning any shirts other than a handful of City and England ones (first kit was likely the England Admiral strip from late 70s). I do recall buying a pair of Milan socks. That's it.

Loved the England Admiral kits. 

Cyril

4 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

My first shirt was a WBA shirt, absolutely no idea why, Jeff Astle was their leader at the time, unfortunately I can't ask anyone why I was given that shirt as they are no longer alive. Have a few Werder Bremen shirts as I worked there for 6 years so used to see alot of them

Cyril Regis/ Lawrie Cunningham era?  

Being born in the late 60's, replica football shirts weren't really a proper thing when I was growing up.

In those days it was a plain nylon shirt with a badge sewn on by your mother!

My godfather was a Spurs fan and took me to a few games, the first time I went to White Hart Lane they played some tin pot outfit and managed to scrape a 9 nil win.

The first proper shirt I was given was the 1981 Spurs Le Coq Sportif one (Ricky Villa cup final), then I bought my own City shirt for Wembley against Bolton.

I had a Juventus shirt that I got while on holiday in Italy as a teenager - not a proper one, just one of those imitation ones from a market stall. Not sure why I got it because I had no real interest in them. 

Other than that only England shirts. 

My first football shirt was a hand me down Liverpool Hitachi shirt from the late 70s I think. the first football shirt my parents bought me was the 1982 (I think) Liverpool shirt with the pinstripes similar to this years shirt. Can't remember ever supporting Liverpool, was just happy to have a replica shirt

When I was a young kid in the late 70's I used to get a lot of hand me downs from my cousin, Notts forest felt the best, manure utd away white kit with two black lines and liverpool Hitachi kits were itchy. My first City kit was from the early 80's a a white away kit with the Robin badge in the middle of the chest.

Archived