IGNORED

What other club's strips did you have as a kid

Unan

Was a bit of a shirt horder when I was little.   Argentina ‘10’ shirt from ‘86 bought for me by my granny (the crying had stopped by then!), England ‘88 for Christmas, Spurs ‘87, Arsenal ‘89 and Celtic away ‘89 - lovely CR Smith yellow and green number,  are the ones that stand out, but there were others as well.  Be worth some money now. 

13 minutes ago, lenred said:

Was a bit of a shirt horder when I was little.   Argentina ‘10’ shirt from ‘86 bought for me by my granny (the crying had stopped by then!), England ‘88 for Christmas, Spurs ‘87, Arsenal ‘89 and Celtic away ‘89 - lovely CR Smith yellow and green number,  are the ones that stand out, but there were others as well.  Be worth some money now. 

our school kit was the 1978 Argentina kit .

5 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

our school kit was the 1978 Argentina kit .

It’s a great kit tbf. And I was obsessed with Maradona. 

5 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Friend of mine is spending lockdown scouring the internet for football shirts.

93665950_10222424693315486_1378868863487180800_o.thumb.jpg.a1c46e33b1ca0166b6f614d86c94abc2.jpg94252858_10222424693995503_7295481691513028608_o.thumb.jpg.26971241c0fe588977d8f8ae8c88169e.jpg93116304_10222331078335170_4725452288984875008_o.thumb.jpg.2f93da992b49eb3edf91335f01cca9b9.jpg92935095_10222331078295169_7166414058797662208_o.thumb.jpg.830b36290a901a63038aaeb880bfbffc.jpg

Some good ones there. If that Holland one is original then it’s worth a shedload.  

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s a great kit tbf. And I was obsessed with Maradona. 

to be honest I did love the kit at the time always thought I played like Mario kempes   laugh .that was before the falklands and the hand of knob incidents .

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

Never wanted to buy another clubs shirt - why would I?  :dunno:

To fit in on a minibus.....? :whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Didn’t have it myself, but a kid from our school turned up once wearing this full kit at training. I nearly went all Johnny Dexter and kicked him into next week

26643F2D-0C18-4BF9-8C00-97BF63AA9951.jpeg

That shirt gets a free pass.  A thing of beauty and doesn't provide split loyalties!

Parents bought me a man utd keeper top when I was younger as I idolised Peter Schmeichel. Didn't support them just liked him and the kit. Dad also got me a fake Newcastle top when we went to Spain as it had Shearer on the back. 

Grandad bought my brother an arsenal top with his name and the number 1 on its back as he had a meeting next to the old arsenal club store back in the mid 90's and went in and got it. He got him that but got me David Seaman's autograph as he was there that day. 

Peter-Schmeichel.jpg

I got the classic Newcastle grandad collar shirt back in the mid 90’s just because it was a cool shirt!  https://images.app.goo.gl/Y68P4Gyg5Cf8rfsFA

Also got the Man City away kit from the same period because of my love of Oasis!  
https://images.app.goo.gl/M7JQMM8vT5rTChrJ9

My first actual shirt was Arsenal shirt and there is a picture of me wearing it when I’m about 3 around 1982, no idea why!

6 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

We must have crossed paths at some point, had my initials up on that bad boy a few times .

I was crap....much better at Moon Cresta.  In fact I think the game they had in the coffee shop was Scramble...the one where you scrolled across the Rocky landscape.

Was in Oz last year and they have a retro gaming museum (it’s just a shop with lots of old stuff in it), but they had Galaxians in there.  Some of the movements they made cane flooding back.  Unfortunately my reactions were terrible. ???

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was crap....much better at Moon Cresta.  In fact I think the game they had in the coffee shop was Scramble...the one where you scrolled across the Rocky landscape.

Was in Oz last year and they have a retro gaming museum (it’s just a shop with lots of old stuff in it), but they had Galaxians in there.  Some of the movements they made cane flooding back.  Unfortunately my reactions were terrible. ???

Think it may have been Defender but not sure. The first one in the cafe was definitely Asteroids though ,100% on that .Put your credit in and wait your turn.. Never actually used the cafe itself always got a sausage roll from Mounstevens outside. Good times.

16 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Think it may have been Defender but not sure. The first one in the cafe was definitely Asteroids though ,100% on that .Put your credit in and wait your turn.. Never actually used the cafe itself always got a sausage roll from Mounstevens outside. Good times.

Yeah, you might be right.

On 23/04/2020 at 20:54, Ronnie Sinclair said:

To be fair, if it was this one then it was a thing of beauty (even if it was Leeds), quite minimalist for the era (I think around the same time they also had a navy blue and green striped away kit which was equally as smart)

Tony Yeboah Delighted To Take Leeds United Role

Yep. Had the stripy one too. Also the yellow longsleeved ( who ever sells long sleeves nowadays?! ) was tidy. 
Thankfully i am a sensible adult now, and i hate Leeds. ?

My first ever match was actually Man City V Villa at Maine Road. On some school trip or something. I was only 7 (1986) I went with my dad, who later took me to City, and he bought me a Jan City shirt. I remember it was really odd material..! 

I’m ashamed to say that as a kid I owned a Bristol Rovers shirt. 
I played for Dundry Pirates back in the 1970s and the coach, Fergie, was a lifelong Gashead and those were our colours. 
Ive no idea what happened to it - but I can’t say I miss it!

Since adulthood I have countless City shirts but I also have a tradition of buying a shirt from every country I visit. 
I’m lucky enough to to be quite well travelled so I have rather a lot of national shirts, plus some club ones including PSG, Bayern Munich, Ajax and Sporting Lisbon!

I’ve lived in Swindon since 1997 and won a signed Swindon Town shirt in the Steve McMahon era. I sold it to a real Swindon fan, but I’ve since inherited another. I have to say that this newer Swindon shirt is the only British club shirt that I own not from Bristol Ciry. . 

On 23/04/2020 at 18:53, bristolcitysweden said:

My biggest problem is that my dad never took an interest in football. He was in to motor sports an forced me to recognize each single car label driving around and I was up for it for some time.

Did you ever get past ....'VOLVO'?

?

20 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I had Asteroids but Isewater’s Asteroid cream did it’s job ! 

Archived