IGNORED

Summer concerts

E.G.Red

Do you think the summer concerts planned for Ashton Gate this summer, The Killers etc will be cancelled/postponed?

The BristolHarbour festival scheduled for July has been cancelled and the Ashton Gate concerts were scheduled for June. I would expect the club to make an announcement sooner rather than later, because if we do get a lull in this terrible virus I suspect the resumption of football would take priority over the concerts.

4 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Do you think the summer concerts planned for Ashton Gate this summer, The Killers etc will be cancelled/postponed?

The BristolHarbour festival scheduled for July has been cancelled and the Ashton Gate concerts were scheduled for June. I would expect the club to make an announcement sooner rather than later, because if we do get a lull in this terrible virus I suspect the resumption of football would take priority over the concerts.

Only one concert this year, The Killers on the 9th of June I believe.

The probability of this going ahead, when everything else in the weeks before and after has already been cancelled, is next to zero, sadly.

I'm guessing the only reason it's not been pulled is so they can delay refunding for as long as possible

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Only one concert this year, The Killers on the 9th of June I believe.

The probability of this going ahead, when everything else in the weeks before and after has already been cancelled, is next to zero, sadly.

I'm guessing the only reason it's not been pulled is so they can delay refunding for as long as possible

Perhaps waiting on The Killers to see if they're cancelling or postponing their tour? If postponing to following year they may try and keep all the same bookings and say tickets still valid, cancel if you can't make it

6 hours ago, hodge said:

Perhaps waiting on The Killers to see if they're cancelling or postponing their tour? If postponing to following year they may try and keep all the same bookings and say tickets still valid, cancel if you can't make it

Yes maybe. We would have had our money from them months ago, so I guess it all depends too on whether Ashton Gate is cancelling other bookings for around that time, eg wedding parties, conferences etc and if we are already refunding them? 

Its a ccouple of weeks ago now, and things are of course changing rapidly, but I did see a message from The Killers that they had every intention of the tour going ahead. But like I said so much has escalated that it doesn’t seem remotely possible. 

We were due to see Jimmy Carr in Colchester next month. Wife had an email yesterday saying that it has been rearranged for the end of August.

Hopeful, maybe? Could mean that things are expected to "hopefully" be clear by then? Personally I wouldn't expect to see anything like these events to happen until at least October/November, so expecting another cancellation. 

With the AG concert(s), I'd be amazed if it happens this year.

• Admin

The Killers’ summer tour has been postponed due to coronavirus, according to a member of the band.

The Las Vegas rockers were due to play nine stadium gigs across the UK and Ireland, including Bristol, but drummer Ronnie Vannuncci Jr says the tour has been "definitely postponed" on social media.

Headed up by frontman Brandon Flowers, the trio were lined up to perform at Ashton Gate on June 9 as part of the annual concert series held at the home of Bristol City FC and the Bristol Bears.

The postponement has not yet been officially confirmed by the promoters or Ashton Gate.

‘Definitely postponed, not a cancellation’

This thing keeps growing. Our first stop is the UK. This is what we've been preparing for.

You got to understand we’ve been thinking about this for over a year and all of a sudden we’ve had to slam on the brakes.

It’s definitely postponed, not a cancellation kind of ordeal.

We were very early to get the next available dates for next year, and so I think we’ve got a first hold on a lot of things.

We saw this coming early.

– RONNIE VANNUCCI JR ON INSTAGRAM

(Mods - realise this is non football but posting it here as would guess many people would have tickets and check this part of the site first, feel free to move)

Just browsing twitter this morning and NME tweeted an interview with the Killers where they gave revised dates for this years tour. The gig at Ashton is now scheduled for Thursday 27th May 2021 as in the below.

Would guess in common with most events that it’s no refunds as it’s been rescheduled.

175C64E6-4703-4861-962D-79611D619EDF.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

(Mods - realise this is non football but posting it here as would guess many people would have tickets and check this part of the site first, feel free to move)

Just browsing twitter this morning and NME tweeted an interview with the Killers where they gave revised dates for this years tour. The gig at Ashton is now scheduled for Thursday 27th May 2021 as in the below.

Would guess in common with most events that it’s no refunds as it’s been rescheduled.

175C64E6-4703-4861-962D-79611D619EDF.jpeg

That ain't happening. 

Edit totally misread the year ?

12 hours ago, phantom said:

The Killers’ summer tour has been postponed due to coronavirus, according to a member of the band.

The Las Vegas rockers were due to play nine stadium gigs across the UK and Ireland, including Bristol, but drummer Ronnie Vannuncci Jr says the tour has been "definitely postponed" on social media.

Headed up by frontman Brandon Flowers, the trio were lined up to perform at Ashton Gate on June 9 as part of the annual concert series held at the home of Bristol City FC and the Bristol Bears.

The postponement has not yet been officially confirmed by the promoters or Ashton Gate.

‘Definitely postponed, not a cancellation’

This thing keeps growing. Our first stop is the UK. This is what we've been preparing for.

You got to understand we’ve been thinking about this for over a year and all of a sudden we’ve had to slam on the brakes.

It’s definitely postponed, not a cancellation kind of ordeal.

We were very early to get the next available dates for next year, and so I think we’ve got a first hold on a lot of things.

We saw this coming early.

– RONNIE VANNUCCI JR ON INSTAGRAM

Reschedule to May 27.Gutted but definitely the only decision that could have been taken. 

15 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Surely this will be dependent on the dates for next season's football fixtures, whenever that might be? 

It’s been slotted in after the playoffs and before the final at Wembley...I’m going to have a busy week ?

I guess the clubs, most of the gigs are at football stadiums, must be pretty confident those dates will be clear and the season over ( if it even starts).

https://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/the-killers-postpone-uk-tour/

Ashton Gate Stadium can confirm that The Killers concert scheduled for June 9th 2020, has officially been postponed until next year.

The new date for The Killers performance at Ashton Gate Stadium will be Thursday, May 27th 2021.

Ashton Gate Stadium’s Mark Kelly said: “Obviously it’s a great shame that the tour has had to be postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic but the most important thing is keeping people safe during this difficult time.

“The band has stressed that this is simply a postponement not a cancellation and we are pleased that we have the new date locked in and ready for next year.

“Naturally fans will be disappointed to have to wait a bit longer but hopefully people will understand and appreciate that we must all remain focused on fighting the spread of this virus.”

The Killers said: “UK and Ireland friends...We must postpone our UK and Ireland dates due to COVID. The single most important thing is that you all take care of yourselves and be safe and healthy.

“These are going to be the same great shows, but we have to move them to next year. All tickets will be honoured, so we really hope you will join us. If you can’t, please contact your ticket agent.”

The group were due to perform in Bristol on Tuesday, June 9th on their Imploding the Mirage tour, named after their latest album.

All tickets purchased for The Killers, June 9th concert in Bristol will remain valid for the rescheduled date.

FAQs here

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s been slotted in after the playoffs and before the final at Wembley...I’m going to have a busy week ?

I guess the clubs, most of the gigs are at football stadiums, must be pretty confident those dates will be clear and the season over ( if it even starts).

I can't see how anyone can be confident of when the season will finish as no one has a clue when it will begin! ?

Oh well something to look forward to! :fingerscrossed:

Archived