IGNORED

grahame jones leaves Luton

35 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Do they think perhaps that they will escape relegation due to the virus and Jones isn`t the man to try and establish them in the Championship if they now get a second chance? If they knew they were definitely going down I can`t see why they haven`t stuck with him.

Hmm interesting,can we get rid of lee on the basis we are not going to improve on last season’s performance 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Do they think perhaps that they will escape relegation due to the virus and Jones isn`t the man to try and establish them in the Championship if they now get a second chance? If they knew they were definitely going down I can`t see why they haven`t stuck with him.

Interesting theory.

Getting rid to cut costs sounds like a huge cop out.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

If only. I fear that our abysmal football has been forgotten by most. 

I’ve been thinking this last few weeks. People will be so glad to get back to normal. An afternoon of boredom at the gate will seem like bliss compared to lockdown.

Barring relegation I think lee is here for as long as he wants now, even with the dull home performances. I was looking forward to seeing where we ended up this season. After over 4 years at the helm I hoped it would give some clarity re:  where we were at, the progress / or lack of and from lansdowns appraisal, what the clubs real expectations were.

Football will probably go into such turmoil now that lansdown will be looking for a safe pair of hands (or a yes man as a cynic might say), and a list of ready made excuses will now be available due to the effects of this pandemic. Obviously whilst glossing over the fact all other clubs are in the same boat.

On 25/04/2020 at 00:49, milo1111 said:

I’ve been thinking this last few weeks. People will be so glad to get back to normal. An afternoon of boredom at the gate will seem like bliss compared to lockdown.

Barring relegation I think lee is here for as long as he wants now, even with the dull home performances. I was looking forward to seeing where we ended up this season. After over 4 years at the helm I hoped it would give some clarity re:  where we were at, the progress / or lack of and from lansdowns appraisal, what the clubs real expectations were.

Football will probably go into such turmoil now that lansdown will be looking for a safe pair of hands (or a yes man as a cynic might say), and a list of ready made excuses will now be available due to the effects of this pandemic. Obviously whilst glossing over the fact all other clubs are in the same boat.

I really don't get this "dull, boring football" stuff. 

I don't think it is at all. 

Sure, some games are, like most clubs. 

Sure, some better results, with more wins would be great. But that doesn't make it dull. 

We are competetive,  in a tough division. We don't get everything our own way and some people seem to find that dull & boring. 

I rarely feel that we are out of a game, with no hope. 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I really don't get this "dull, boring football" stuff. 

I don't think it is at all. 

Sure, some games are, like most clubs. 

Sure, some better results, with more wins would be great. But that doesn't make it dull. 

We are competetive,  in a tough division. We don't get everything our own way and some people seem to find that dull & boring. 

I rarely feel that we are out of a game, with no hope. 

Personally I disagree with you, I have found this season bar a few games here and there so negative lacklustre slow and boring, having said that I still thought I would buy a season ticket for next season, what else am I going to moan at ???

Archived